Dez Bryant to the Saints

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
The thing is.... Jerry loves Dez. He acquiesced to Garret, and Linehan. If Dez goes off ... it may give Jerry the final reason to can the idiots coaching this.
Jerry doesn't acquiesce to anyone.
If Jerry loved Dez, Dez would still be throwing Xs up in Dallas.
I'm curious as to where you got your information on that? If you read the DMN, both of those guys, Jones and Garrett, LOVE Dez.
It's all BS.
Dez was let go because he was acting the fool and most of all, his numbers were down.
JJ gave up on Dez. Garrett may have wanted Dez gone because of team chemistry.

JJ and Garrett, especially JJ, has ruined my affection for the Dallas Cowboys. RUINED IT!

I hope Dez comes back with a renewed attitude and talent level and kicks Jerry Jones (not the DC) in front of the Dallas fans.
Also, I'd love to see Dan Bailey come back and nail a 60 yard winning FG to beat Jerry Jones.

Jerry Jones has destroyed a once proud franchise.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
Jerry doesn't acquiesce to anyone.
If Jerry loved Dez, Dez would still be throwing Xs up in Dallas.
I'm curious as to where you got your information on that? If you read the DMN, both of those guys, Jones and Garrett, LOVE Dez.
It's all BS.
Dez was let go because he was acting the fool and most of all, his numbers were down.
JJ gave up on Dez. Garrett may have wanted Dez gone because of team chemistry.

JJ and Garrett, especially JJ, has ruined my affection for the Dallas Cowboys. RUINED IT!

I hope Dez comes back with a renewed attitude and talent level and kicks Jerry Jones (not the DC) in front of the Dallas fans.
Also, I'd love to see Dan Bailey come back and nail a 60 yard winning FG to beat Jerry Jones.

Jerry Jones has destroyed a once proud franchise.
First of all, I hate Jerry. That said, in the last few years Jerry has been slowly listening more to Stephen and Will Mcclay (mostly on the draft, but also in player moves.) Jerry will always be Jerry, but he is loosening the reins a bit. Don't forget that Dez and Jerry went to the Beyonce - Jay-Z concert together a few weeks ago. If you are still reading the DMN - that is your folly. I will stand by that Dez's biggest reason for lack of production is because Dak has no business being a starting QB in the NFL. Garret and Linehan wanted an excuse as to why their under-performing QB had such a bad year last year. They put their money on Dak - and sacrificed Dez.
I hope Dez shows them all up.

Nov 25, 2009
Weatherford, OK
Became a Dallas fan because Dez went there and now rooting for the Saints b/c of him. He’s probably my favorite OSU Cowboy football player. Every time he touched the ball at O-State he was a threat to score and his energy and passion for the game are unmatched. I think he’ll do great with the Saints and hopefully get a chance for a Super Bowl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
as big a knucklehead Dez has been, I will say that when he was at OSU, my oldest son, who was 5 then had an interaction w/ Dez that sold me on him. he was always polite and great w/ kids. so, in my head he's a misunderstood kid, from the wrong side of the tracks, w/ a really big heart............ b/c of that i'll always root for him........X

Oct 18, 2013
North Texas
as big a knucklehead Dez has been, I will say that when he was at OSU, my oldest son, who was 5 then had an interaction w/ Dez that sold me on him. he was always polite and great w/ kids. so, in my head he's a misunderstood kid, from the wrong side of the tracks, w/ a really big heart............ b/c of that i'll always root for him........X
My youngest sister worked on campus during her time at OSU in an office that led her to have relatively frequent contact with Dez. Her assessment was much the same as yours - very nice kid, just misunderstood and behind academically speaking. She said he was always exceedingly polite, patient, and kind (where the majority of the players had a bit of God complex in the same setting, at least in her opinion). The main lady he went to the office to see had asked if he would mind signing her copy of SI the next time he was in the office (she didn't have it with her that day), so later that day he came back with enough copies for everyone in the office (student workers included) and took the time to go around the office and individually sign them for everyone. When his time at OSU was over, he came by the office to say goodbye and deliver thank you notes for everything they had done to help him while he was in school (to my understanding, he was the only player to do that, at least as far as she was aware, in the time she worked there). He's absolutely made some boneheaded moves, but based on stories like yours and my sister's, I really believe he's a good hearted guy that's just a little rough around the edges due to a rough start in life. I will always be rooting for him - on the field and in life.