Dez Bryant to the Saints

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I think this could be great for Dez. The biggest X-factor, IMHO, is whether he will gel with the team chemistry in NO. I think the Saints have great leadership and they will give him lots of opportunities to succeed.

Things will go well, as long as they go well. The test will be when they hit an obstacle, or Dez starts to struggle, how will he respond? Will he be about doing the right thing for the team, or will Dez be trying to prove something? Trying to prove Jerry wrong or silence the critics, instead of trying to help his team win. I’m not sure if the way things fell out with Dallas will have matured him, or damaged him. Hopefully the former.

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
It is a great opportunity for him. He doesn’t have to be the primary option and he will typically draw a weaker corner. It will all depend upon his desire and the amount of gas he has left in the tank.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
The Saints travel November 29th to Jerr'a Jones Stadium for a 7:20pm Thursday night game againt Dallas.

Gonna love tv shots of Jarr'a Jones in his luxury suite if the Dez goes crazy good.

I know I'm going to be sitting back in front of my tv with a few Lites (Dilly, Dilly) seeing the Dez in action.

Jul 8, 2006
norman
The Saints travel November 29th to Jerr'a Jones Stadium for a 7:20pm Thursday night game againt Dallas.

Gonna love tv shots of Jarr'a Jones in his luxury suite if the Dez goes crazy good.

I know I'm going to be sitting back in front of my tv with a few Lites (Dilly, Dilly) seeing the Dez in action.
Dilly, dilly!!!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I have been a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan, since I was a small boy. But the longer that Jerry Jones owns the team the harder it is for me to stay a fan. When I lived in Central Mississippi it was all about the Saints and I started following them then (and they sucked at the time). Then Drew Brees.

Geaux Saints! Who dat!

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I have been a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan, since I was a small boy. But the longer that Jerry Jones owns the team the harder it is for me to stay a fan. When I lived in Central Mississippi it was all about the Saints and I started following them then (and they sucked at the time). Then Drew Brees.

Geaux Saints! Who dat!
Was in a similar boat for a long time. The whole Greg Hardy episode pushed me over the edge. Welcome to better side. Life has been much better since switching.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Was in a similar boat for a long time. The whole Greg Hardy episode pushed me over the edge. Welcome to better side. Life has been much better since switching.
I'm currently in the process of overcoming my Dallas Cowboys fandom. Jerry has ruined it for me. If the Bucs can distance themselves from Winston and find a good coach, I could easily see myself making the switch. Now that I'm in the Tampa Bay area.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I'm currently in the process of overcoming my Dallas Cowboys fandom. Jerry has ruined it for me. If the Bucs can distance themselves from Winston and find a good coach, I could easily see myself making the switch. Now that I'm in the Tampa Bay area.
Same thing here when I moved to Houston. Dallas is now my #2 like they were when Barry Switzer was their HC and Barry Sanders was with the Lions.

Now I live in DFW, but the Texans are still my #1.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX

Will be there rocking my Dallas Dez jersey right behind the Cowboys bench. Subtle troll job lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas

The thing is.... Jerry loves Dez. He acquiesced to Garret, and Linehan. If Dez goes off ... it may give Jerry the final reason to can the idiots coaching this.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2011

pfKpivi.gif

Jun 28, 2011
Auburndale, Florida
You must love pain and disappointment if you are considering the Bucs. Just get on lightning bandwagon and things will be better.

Aug 16, 2012
The thing is.... Jerry loves Dez. He acquiesced to Garret, and Linehan. If Dez goes off ... it may give Jerry the final reason to can the idiots coaching this.
Not sure where you got that from. Jurrah makes every player move and holds the strings to his coaching puppets. Garrett has not made an off-field football decision since he became part of the puppet show.

FWIW, I hate the Cowboys, always have, always will. Have no tolerance for smugness and arrogance, especially when it is not deserved. Further hate that when you mention Cowboys down here, everyone automatically thinks you are talking the NFL. I literally had a guy ask me at the golf course one day where I got the orange and black Cowboys head covers. I could only laugh.