Dexter Manley

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Other than convicted felons, all of the players are my favorite Cowboys. It's just with Dexter, OSU's contribution to the dark underbelly of NCAA athletics was exposed. We're not the only ones.
I've heard it from some pretty good sources that his "can't read" plea for sympathy was exaggerated. It was an embarrassment for the school. Maybe deserved, I really don't know. I thought my "not my favorite" was soft pedaled but I wish him the best.

Side story, I was walking down the strip when he came out of a bar during a fight with his girlfriend. He punched a parking meter within a couple of feet and wobbled it like something out of the cartoons. Also like something out of the cartoons, my friends and I were spinning our feet trying to get the h out of there.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
I've heard it from some pretty good sources that his "can't read" plea for sympathy was exaggerated. It was an embarrassment for the school. Maybe deserved, I really don't know. I thought my "not my favorite" was soft pedaled but I wish him the best.

Side story, I was walking down the strip when he came out of a bar during a fight with his girlfriend. He punched a parking meter within a couple of feet and wobbled it like something out of the cartoons. Also like something out of the cartoons, my friends and I were spinning our feet trying to get the h out of there.
Dunno, but I think the "can't read" label is pretty much spot-on. I broke my ankle on Dexter, playing basketball in the Colvin Center. I came down with a rebound, all my weight on one foot that landed on the top of Dexter's foot. Ankle was big as a grapefruit within 15 seconds. As they took my shoe off, Dexter stood there exclaiming "ook (sic for look) at dat pus, ook at dat pus" as if it were an infection. He was an absolute beast.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Dexter’s claim that he couldn’t read was BS. I had him in Psych class and my roommate tutored him in algebra. He could read, maybe not at a college level, but he could read and understand enough to answer multiple choice questions and give you the reason for his choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Used to see him all the time at Hometown Buffet in far north Houston on FM 1960. Introduced myself as an OSU alum and acted like he couldn't care less. After that one interaction we paid each other absolutely no mind when I saw him thereafter.