Democratic Iowa Caucus: "An fing disaster"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
And old. And male-centric.

No wonder his a$$ is about to get the boot. He's everything the Dems despise.
Hardly. I’d say more likely that Trump and his minions(including many of you) were quite effective at making Joe and Hunter look like crooks with nothing but innuendo and here say “evidence “, repeated over, and over, and over, and over.......again.

Last edited:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Hardly. I’d say more likely that Trump and his minions(including many of you) were quite effective at making Joe and Hunter look like crooks with nothing but innuendo and here say “evidence “, repeated over, and over, and over, and over.......again.
What would any of that matter during the Dem primary?? Unless you're agreeing that Hunter getting the position he did while his father was in the role that he was looked incredibly shady, even to Democrats...

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
L.
O.
L.

I was being facetious. Joe does a great job of derailing his campaign all on his own. But thanks for giving a handful of conservative/moderate Okies some credit. :rolleyes:

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
L.
O.
L.

I was being facetious. Joe does a great job of derailing his campaign all on his own. But thanks for giving a handful of conservative/moderate Okies some credit. :rolleyes:
No problem. It’s just an updated version of Hillary’s e-mail hoax which was quietly dropped by the Republicans after it served it’s cheating/distracting purpose.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
No problem. It’s just an updated version of Hillary’s e-mail hoax which was quietly dropped by the Republicans after it served it’s cheating/distracting purpose.
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the AG having a secret meeting with Hillary's husband and 3 days later sending her employee out to say that the law was broken but they would not prosecute.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
What would any of that matter during the Dem primary?? Unless you're agreeing that Hunter getting the position he did while his father was in the role that he was looked incredibly shady, even to Democrats...
Knocking off candidates prior to the primary seems obvious to me. Demeaning or sullying people seems damned effective in this ugly cycle we’re in.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
1581524364452.png

So here’s the basic philosophical difference in the 2 parties as illustrated by the responses to my post. If you watch the 2 conventions you will see FAR more references to race and gender at the Democratic convention. This is not a matter of opinion, but an easily verifiable point.

The Democrats believe we live in an unjust, bigoted society, towards people based on race, gender, sexual orientation and various other categories. The Republicans speak more towards the country as a homogeneous whole, but have learned they have to pay some lip service to the “protected classes”. (Binders of women)

The fact that Democrats make far more effort to divide us into categories and discuss the treatment of people based on those differences is not up for debate. The difference in perspective is based on the opinion of how necessary is it to make policy based on those categories and how much is gained by this more divisive approach? If you believe ours to be an overtly unjust society, this protected class approach is more just and necessary. If you believe this to be an imperfect but mostly just society you see this approach to be counter productive and often insincere.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
If the Republicans had agreed to witnesses, we would have witnessed Biden going through a Benghazi type hearing until that vanquished him. Lol

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Innuendo?

Joe Biden actually bragged on TV, very clearly, about threatening to withhold aid to Ukraine if they didn't fire the prosecutor who was investigating his son. You may not have seen the tape since you don't watch FOX news. And yes, I'll concede they have it playing on a loop over there about once an hour.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Innuendo?

Joe Biden actually bragged on TV, very clearly, about threatening to withhold aid if they didn't fire the prosecutor who was investigating his son. You may not have seen the tape since you don't watch FOX news. And yes, I'll concede they have it playing on a loop over there about once an hour.
He was working in an official capacity and in concordance with our allies. Whether you believe it or not.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
He was working in an official capacity and in concordance with our allies. Whether you believe it or not.
Who, Hunter? Then why not let them do their investigation? Why threaten the prosecutor? Mostly why brag about the threat in front of the world?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Knocking off candidates prior to the primary seems obvious to me. Demeaning or sullying people seems damned effective in this ugly cycle we’re in.
I see the point you're trying to make but it seems like a BS point to me. If it looked like their actions were completely innocent and Trump was just trying to smear him, then why would that make a difference in the Dem primary??... The left has been clear that they're against anything and everything that Trump does so if it doesn't look like there may actually be something there then it shouldn't matter right now. You'd have a valid point if this were the general but none of Trumps "minions" have a say in what's going on at the polls...

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I see the point you're trying to make but it seems like a BS point to me. If it looked like their actions were completely innocent and Trump was just trying to smear him, then why would that make a difference in the Dem primary??... The left has been clear that they're against anything and everything that Trump does so if it doesn't look like there may actually be something there then it shouldn't matter right now. You'd have a valid point if this were the general but none of Trumps "minions" have a say in what's going on at the polls...
I never said that Hunter deal didn’t look shady. But then I can clearly see that Ivanka’s Chinese patents, and violations of the emoluments clause sending countless amounts of money into Trump properties made at the very least a hypocritical attack on the Bidens.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I never said that Hunter deal didn’t look shady. But then I can clearly see that Ivanka’s Chinese patents, and violations of the emoluments clause sending countless amounts of money into Trump properties made at the very least a hypocritical attack on the Bidens.
Don't you "whatabout" me...