Democratic government at its finest in Flint

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
This is less a Democrat vs Republican problem and more a symptom of the problem in our government across the board. I can point to all red county and city governments that have done this exact type of thing across the country.

The corruption across our system is terrifying... And continuing to point at one party or the other as the problem isn't going to solve anything, and will instead make it worse.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
This is less a Democrat vs Republican problem and more a symptom of the problem in our government across the board. I can point to all red county and city governments that have done this exact type of thing across the country.

The corruption across our system is terrifying... And continuing to point at one party or the other as the problem isn't going to solve anything, and will instead make it worse.
eye rolling.jpg

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

It definitely is something that is happening everywhere. The only problem I have with this is that Democrats are using this to attack the president. Same as with Puerto Rico where corruption is doing the exact same thing and causing slower rebuilds for exorbitant amounts of cash.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
It definitely is something that is happening everywhere. The only problem I have with this is that Democrats are using this to attack the president. Same as with Puerto Rico where corruption is doing the exact same thing and causing slower rebuilds for exorbitant amounts of cash.
Yep there's certainly selective hearing on this from media sources.

But our president and his appointees have been routinely misusing taxpayer funds over the last two years... Scott Pruitt ring a bell?

It really does suck that one side gets a pass on this kind of thing from the watchmen du jour.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Flint has always been run by Democrats. The topic at hand is that this happened on the watch of and was overseen by the corrupt Democrats running the extreme, third world crap hole posing as a U.S. city.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Why does it always have to be one vs the other with you? Why can't you admit fault in both sides?

Both sides suck. It's absolutely clear.
Why can't you just admit suckage when you see it, why do you always have to blame others who aren't in the picture? There are people here who clearly suck, they are Democrats. Blame them without also blaming someone else.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I can point to all red county and city governments that have done this exact type of thing across the country.
Can you, or are you just saying that? Finding one or two examples is not really the point, these types of issues are predominately the result of left-wing policies and political corruption.

Can you show is that this is not a predominately "Democrat governance" issue?

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
DUDE...I just read this earlier...I've been in WT Steven's office! I spoke to the husband (the NBA guy) for about 30 minutes...Banning Hydro Excavators?! MADNESS!

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Are we discussing Flint MI? Yes. Is the government there incompetent and obviously providing work to equally incompetent but preferred companies? Yes. And is the government there made up of Democrats? Yes. So whether one likes it or not, the statement is accurate and not by definition defaming Dems unjustly. They earned it.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Why does it always have to be one vs the other with you? Why can't you admit fault in both sides?

Both sides suck. It's absolutely clear.
Because all too often you see liberals talk just like you, all about both sides being equally bad when it's a Democrat that has the problem. But if a Republican has the problem all of a sudden Republicans are all bad.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Interesting that all of this is being told in a twitter feed. A quick google search brings up absolutely nothing.
If this were a Republican mayor, it would be breaking news and several of the mainstream "news" outlets would be right at the top in any google search that even contained the word flint.