Democrat Edmondson Threatens GOP Dominance In Oklahoma

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Steross... Please keep working if at all possible. We are running out of physicians despite the increasing need as our population ages. I feel sorry for the old folks that are not going to get the care they need.
I've applied at the VA.

Veterans need good doctors.
But, I hope they will take me instead.:D

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Get your Weed license in OK....hang up a shingle and start slinging that Hash. You'll be rolling in Cash
There is no weed license for doctors. Only voluntary registration. I could recommend weed right now.
Which is why I do not think that anyone is going to be rolling in cash from that as doctors. It is against medical ethics to be colocated or financially involved with a dispensary. Basically you are just signing a form for recommendation.
I've considering it, but don't think it is going to be a financial windfall for anyone.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Don't know. Higher education was cut by nearly 16% in 2016. Higher education gets much of its money from private sources. Private donors should demand a audit before giving away millions.
The States Auditor told me "I would like to audit the Universities and Colleges but have not been allowed to do so. " I was astounded to hear this. As taxpayers we should be able to know our money is being spent!

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
There is no weed license for doctors. Only voluntary registration. I could recommend weed right now.
Which is why I do not think that anyone is going to be rolling in cash from that as doctors. It is against medical ethics to be colocated or financially involved with a dispensary. Basically you are just signing a form for recommendation.
I've considering it, but don't think it is going to be a financial windfall for anyone.
Steross...I attended an all-day meeting hosted by the Oklahoma State Medical Association. My overall impression was that the law was poorly thought out. Some parts are in direct conflict with other parts of the law. No one seems sure how it is going to work out and its overall effect on our State.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Steross...I attended an all-day meeting hosted by the Oklahoma State Medical Association. My overall impression was that the law was poorly thought out. Some parts are in direct conflict with other parts of the law. No one seems sure how it is going to work out and its overall effect on our State.
I went to that meeting also.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Good thing those polls tightened like the OP thought. Otherwise, it would have been emabarrasing. Oh yeah, it still was.

osudrew1

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2008
Stillwater, OK
Don't know. Higher education was cut by nearly 16% in 2016. Higher education gets much of its money from private sources. Private donors should demand a audit before giving away millions.
The States Auditor told me "I would like to audit the Universities and Colleges but have not been allowed to do so. " I was astounded to hear this. As taxpayers we should be able to know our money is being spent!
Well, at least Oklahoma State has had a financial audit each year since at least 2011, likely before that as well, as those audits are required annually. The State Auditor does not perform the audit. The State Auditor usually performs only investigative audits, audits of some state agencies, and audits of counties. If you'd like I can link the audit report for FYE 6/30/18 from the state auditor's website. The audit was performed by BKD and submitted to the State Auditor on 10/30/18

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Well, at least Oklahoma State has had a financial audit each year since at least 2011, likely before that as well, as those audits are required annually. The State Auditor does not perform the audit. The State Auditor usually performs only investigative audits, audits of some state agencies, and audits of counties. If you'd like I can link the audit report for FYE 6/30/18 from the state auditor's website. The audit was performed by BKD and submitted to the State Auditor on 10/30/18

I am glad to know about the OSU audit. I think the public needs to know in language they understand exactly
how their money is spent. But why doesn't the States Auditor do an audit as well?

osudrew1

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2008
Stillwater, OK

I am glad to know about the OSU audit. I think the public needs to know in language they understand exactly
how their money is spent. But why doesn't the States Auditor do an audit as well?
Because they're severely understaffed and underfunded. They've spent most of Gary Jones' time as State Auditor trying to catch up on poor management of prior Auditors, namely county audits that were years behind. Also, the state auditor preparing another audit would likely be redundant unless they were engaged to look into specific areas or issues more thoroughly than the other auditors.

On the state/federal funding side, every entity that expends $750,000 in federal funds is required to undergo an audit specifically if those federal funds that is much more stringent than a typical audit. No audit firm I've encountered will do a federal funds audit without also doing the financial audit, so it's safe to say that these schools have had both their financial statements and their federal fund expenditures audited every year.

As for the language issue, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, which governs the financial reporting framework and presentation for OSU, has attempted to make the presentation more easily understood. There's a section in most of these studies of large entities that's called Management's Discussion and Analysis, and it's designed to present the audited information in a more narrative form that's easier to understand than the financial statements themselves.

Source: I'm a CPA with way too much experience in governmental audits and a good understanding of how the state auditor's office has worked.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Because they're severely understaffed and underfunded. They've spent most of Gary Jones' time as State Auditor trying to catch up on poor management of prior Auditors, namely county audits that were years behind. Also, the state auditor preparing another audit would likely be redundant unless they were engaged to look into specific areas or issues more thoroughly than the other auditors.

On the state/federal funding side, every entity that expends $750,000 in federal funds is required to undergo an audit specifically if those federal funds that is much more stringent than a typical audit. No audit firm I've encountered will do a federal funds audit without also doing the financial audit, so it's safe to say that these schools have had both their financial statements and their federal fund expenditures audited every year.

As for the language issue, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, which governs the financial reporting framework and presentation for OSU, has attempted to make the presentation more easily understood. There's a section in most of these studies of large entities that's called Management's Discussion and Analysis, and it's designed to present the audited information in a more narrative form that's easier to understand than the financial statements themselves.

Source: I'm a CPA with way too much experience in governmental audits and a good understanding of how the state auditor's office has worked.

i have met Gary Jones and have spoken to him several times about this issue. I really like Gary. If I were the next Governor I would create a special commission headed by Gary Jones to dig into some of these complex issues.