Democrat Edmondson Threatens GOP Dominance In Oklahoma

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Edmondson has a CCW as well from what I've seen.
So does the crazy lady from Georgia... but she's still talking ban on AR15's and full on confiscation of these weapons if they aren't turned in by the public. :facepalm:

For me, it's not a 2A issue between Edmondson and Stitt anyways. I lean towards Edmondson's ideas on fixing/helping OK education BUT that's probably about it. His anti-ag policies are what does it for me. Oklahoma Farm Bureau endorsed Stitt... that's all I need to know.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
As a doctor, I would have thought you would absolutely shudder at the thought of an anti-vaxxer being elected to the executive office of your state!

How can you possibly feel comfortable with someone that makes decisions that you know are not only preposterously dumb but also dangerous?

Edit: posted before saw already mentioned.
First of all I look for a man who is open and honest and willing to listen to "we the people". I look for a person
who is not corrupted by big money interests in seeking office. I look at a candidates background by asking those who know him best as a person. I have met Kevin Stitt personally in a small meeting where he welcomed questions about hard to solve Oklahoma problems. He impressed me as a candidate who met those qualities. That is why I voted for him.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
First of all I look for a man who is open and honest and willing to listen to "we the people". I look for a person
who is not corrupted by big money interests in seeking office. I look at a candidates background by asking those who know him best as a person. I have met Kevin Stitt personally in a small meeting where he welcomed questions about hard to solve Oklahoma problems. He impressed me as a candidate who met those qualities. That is why I voted for him.
Did he actually answer of these?? Because I've yet to see him actually answer any questions on anything. I've seen him reply to questions with typical political responses, but not any actual answers.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Did he actually answer of these?? Because I've yet to see him actually answer any questions on anything. I've seen him reply to questions with typical political responses, but not any actual answers.
He did say the first order of business is to audit every state agency. That's an actual answer that he's been giving since the primaries. I also met the guy and, if nothing else, I think he's sincere and effective in his personal and organizational skills. That's what put him in the position to win this race that he entered originally as an underdog.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Yes...he did. Most of all he was open to addressing even the very hard issues that our State faces.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
You think he is not corrupted by big money interests. That is a joke, right?

You ignored the question with your attempt at a political ad.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
He did say the first order of business is to audit every state agency. That's an actual answer that he's been giving since the primaries. I also met the guy and, if nothing else, I think he's sincere and effective in his personal and organizational skills. That's what put him in the position to win this race that he entered originally as an underdog.
Yep, and I can almost bet the second he gets in there he is going to find:
1. State agencies that are woefully underfunded.
2. Republican good ol boy politics that he as a republican can do nothing about.

I hope I am wrong and he ignores his political needs for the good of the people. But, based on his dealings in the mortgage industry where he became incredibly wealthy by harming everyday people, I'll need to see it happen before I'll believe it.
Have you ever seen a successful shyster who did not seem sincere when you met them? That is a requirement.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Oklahoma already has a state auditor to do that. I'm voting for the Libertarian candidate for that position. When it was discovered that $230 million was missing from the County Road and Bridge Fund it was because Republican legislators swiped that much from it to balance the budget. And then they raised the tax on a gallon a gas by 3 cents, and it's not even to fix the roads. But a lot of Oklahoma Republicans think that's just good government.

Last edited:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
For me, personally, when it came down to it I couldn't even vote for Trump against Hillary. To me, this is a similar election except Stitt is much more similar to Trump than Edmonson is to Hillary. I'm still not certain if I'm voting for Edmonson or not, but even as a registered republican I just don't think I can put my support behind Kevin Stitt...

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
The more you understand how our State government works the most you understand how it squanders our money with needless bureaucracy and sometimes by open corruption. We need an outsider who has enough courage to address these issues. That is another reason why I support Kevin Stitt.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
The more you understand how our State government works the most you understand how it squanders our money with needless bureaucracy and sometimes by open corruption. We need an outsider who has enough courage to address these issues. That is another reason why I support Kevin Stitt.
I don't disagree with this, I just don't agree that a shady mortgage lender is the outsider that we need...

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Every state agency need to have about 1/3 of the employees that it has. The 1 I have experience with is over staffed by a super number and they cut staff in areas where it shouldn't be. For example, there is an okc head office and other offices that do the work throughout the state. They cut the offices throughout the state and not in okc where all the overstaffing and plain money stealing goes on.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
You think he is not corrupted by big money interests. That is a joke, right?

You ignored the question with your attempt at a political ad.
No Stitt has spent a large amount of his own money just to be elected as the Republican candidate. The trouble Stitt has is that he is facing a
I don't disagree with this, I just don't agree that a shady mortgage lender is the outsider that we need...[/QUO
Yep, and I can almost bet the second he gets in there he is going to find:
1. State agencies that are woefully underfunded.
2. Republican good ol boy politics that he as a republican can do nothing about.

I hope I am wrong and he ignores his political needs for the good of the people. But, based on his dealings in the mortgage industry where he became incredibly wealthy by harming everyday people, I'll need to see it happen before I'll believe it.
Have you ever seen a successful shyster who did not seem sincere when you met them? That is a requirement.
Steross, are you still living in Austrailia?

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma already has a state auditor and examiner to do that. I'm voting for the Libertarian candidate for that position. When it was discovered that $230 million was missing from the County Road and Bridge Fund it was because Republican legislators swiped that much from it to balance the budget. And then they raised the tax on a gallon a gas by 3 cents, and it's not even to fix the roads. But a lot of Oklahoma Republicans think that's just good government.
Townie, Did you know that the State Auditor is not allowed to audit the States colleges and universities, without their permission ? And guess what....when is the last time they allowed the Auditor to audit them?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Are you still working as a physician?
I'm still working in Australia. I have not started working in the US yet. It isn't quite what it was when I left. I hoped to work part time/locum so I could return to Aus and work at times. The CMGs and locum companies are really squeezing the pay and for some reason the locum work is not as plentiful. I think it is the boom in stand alone EDs in Texas followed by the bust and those docs are looking for other things.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Townie, Did you know that the State Auditor is not allowed to audit the States colleges and universities, without their permission ? And guess what....when is the last time they allowed the Auditor to audit them?
Don't know. Higher education was cut by nearly 16% in 2016. Higher education gets much of its money from private sources. Private donors should demand a audit before giving away millions.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I'm still working in Australia. I have not started working in the US yet. It isn't quite what it was when I left. I hoped to work part time/locum so I could return to Aus and work at times. The CMGs and locum companies are really squeezing the pay and for some reason the locum work is not as plentiful. I think it is the boom in stand alone EDs in Texas followed by the bust and those docs are looking for other things.
Steross... Please keep working if at all possible. We are running out of physicians despite the increasing need as our population ages. I feel sorry for the old folks that are not going to get the care they need.