Democrat Edmondson Threatens GOP Dominance In Oklahoma

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Getting ready for work this morning and there was a Stitt commercial on channel 9 about Drew Edmonson taking away our guns rights and that the NRA gave him a D rating. Then not 10 minutes later I was in my car and a Drew Edmonson commercial came on the Sports Animal about him having a concealed carry license and the NRA gave him an A rating. Just thought that was funny.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Orrrr it could be that Edmondson's policies and proposed regs (and history as attorney general) are fairly anti-ag and rural Oklahoma communities are heavily ag industry based and supported. Thus, most rural Oklahoma voters are yes, going to be pro-Stitt, so that they still have an income a year after voting.

But go ahead and blame it on a declining rural Oklahoma community full of voters "too stupid" to vote for Edmondson. :facepalm:
True how most of the counties in western half of Oklahoma voted yes on SQ777. But all of Oklahoma voted NO by 60 to 40%. And don't forget that most of rural Oklahoma voted NO on SQ788, while Edmondson voted yes.

I doubt most rural Oklahomans want more Medicaid, because it's just like Stitt said. It forces dependence upon the government. How many rural Oklahomans currently on Medicaid from having a part time job of $10,000 a year, will turn down a full time job offer of $25,000, if it would make them no longer eligible for Medicaid. Stitt would probably tell you it would be most of them.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
Getting ready for work this morning and there was a Stitt commercial on channel 9 about Drew Edmonson taking away our guns rights and that the NRA gave him a D rating. Then not 10 minutes later I was in my car and a Drew Edmonson commercial came on the Sports Animal about him having a concealed carry license and the NRA gave him an A rating. Just thought that was funny.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20181025/nra-launches-ad-campaign-in-oklahoma
This isn't true. Edmondson got a D grade from the NRA because he wants to prohibit anyone under the age of 21 from owning firearms for self-defense. The NRA has been actively campaigning against him.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
No matter what the topic Townie always manages to bring up his extra 3 cents per gallon. That costs me 60 cents a week Townie. Even an underpaid teacher can afford that!

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20181025/nra-launches-ad-campaign-in-oklahoma
This isn't true. Edmondson got a D grade from the NRA because he wants to prohibit anyone under the age of 21 from owning firearms for self-defense. The NRA has been actively campaigning against him.
I'd sooner go with the man, Edmondson, who has experience with handling firearms. Edmondson's experience goes at least as far back as his time spend in Vietnam. I don't know what experience Stitt has with guns.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Some crazy stiff going on with OK gov election if your a betting type..Vegas odds on Stitt winning in the last 2 days have gone from -3600 to -530....the most odds shift of any Gov election on the Vegas odds boards in the country

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I'd sooner go with the man, Edmondson, who has experience with handling firearms. Edmondson's experience goes at least as far back as his time spend in Vietnam. I don't know what experience Stitt has with guns.
My close relatives were neighbours to Edmondson when he lived in Muskogee. They said he would use his 45 to shoot squirrels in his back yard within the Cities limits. They thought he was a nut!

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Some crazy stiff going on with OK gov election if your a betting type..Vegas odds on Stitt winning in the last 2 days have gone from -3600 to -530....the most odds shift of any Gov election on the Vegas odds boards in the country

I don't think America had it decided whether Trump would win until the final weekend before voting day. Maybe Oklahoma this weekend has decided Edmondson will win. But I still predict the governor's election will be close with Stitt the winner. After all, Stitt is the Trump.

Last edited:

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN

Every politician in Minnesota wants to raise taxes on the middle class and take senior drug benefits away. It's weird-doesnt matter the party, that's what I've seen on the ads.

Also annoying that its infiltrating non traditional media. I don't watch tv that much but the kids love YouTube and I listen to pandora on the way to work. I was not able to avoid political ads this year. Nothing like sitting through a stupid minecraft scenario only to have it stop halfway through because some Washington think tank thinks I'll be swayed because of disturbing music and a picture of Kaepernick or Trump.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Plus, hey Oklahoma you follow up Republican Barbie with an anti vaxxer?

I get how mainstream Republicans wanted Cornett but really? Maybe cross party lines for the sake of the state and try harder in 4 years

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Plus, hey Oklahoma you follow up Republican Barbie with an anti vaxxer?

I get how mainstream Republicans wanted Cornett but really? Maybe cross party lines for the sake of the state and try harder in 4 years
“Kevin Stitt believes the topic of vaccinations is a serious decision that parents should make in consultation with their pediatricians. All of his children have received various vaccinations requested by school and recommended by their family doctor,” campaign spokesperson Donelle Harder said. Harder added Stitt is not looking to change the current law on vaccinations.

On the other hand, who the hell is lying? At an appearance before a conservative political forum this past February, Stitt said he personally did not vaccinate some of his own kids and opposed legislation that would require vaccinations for children if they wanted to attend public schools.

The Republican political demand as to who should be Oklahoma governor must not have any experience in government, especially with state. Stitt fulfills that demand quite well. That he has done little or no voting since 2000 makes it all the more better.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
“Kevin Stitt believes the topic of vaccinations is a serious decision that parents should make in consultation with their pediatricians. All of his children have received various vaccinations requested by school and recommended by their family doctor,” campaign spokesperson Donelle Harder said. Harder added Stitt is not looking to change the current law on vaccinations.

The Republican political demand as to who should be Oklahoma governor must not have any experience in government, especially with state. Stitt fulfills that demand quite well. That he has done little or no voting since 2000 makes it all the more better.
Townie...there is a massive amount of wasteful costly bureaucracy in our state that needs a businessman to clean out. You ought to understand that and vote for Kevin Stitt.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Townie...there is a massive amount of wasteful costly bureaucracy in our state that needs a businessman to clean out. You ought to understand that and vote for Kevin Stitt.
Then surely you wish that Oklahoma Republicans would hurry up and resume trying to cut the state income tax to zero to help stamp out that costly bureaucracy. Gutted government governs best for the people. And surely, you agree with Republicans that the only possible way that Oklahoma can become really prosperous, like Texas and Florida, is to totally get rid of the state income tax and replace it with nothing. Otherwise, government only prospers, rather than Main St. Oklahoma. That is certainly the Oklahoma Republican agenda as I see it.

Operating government like a business can only go so far. This is because it is a matter of fact that the motivation for having government around is not for it to make a profit.

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The commercial saying he was given a D is shown at the end to be paid for by the NRA so I would believe that one. I would be curious who paid for the other one as it appears they could be outright lying.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Townie...I thought you would welcome a new non-political business person in the Governors Office who seeks to change the old way of doing business in Oklahoma.
As a doctor, I would have thought you would absolutely shudder at the thought of an anti-vaxxer being elected to the executive office of your state!

How can you possibly feel comfortable with someone that makes decisions that you know are not only preposterously dumb but also dangerous?

Edit: posted before saw already mentioned.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
The commercial saying he was given a D is shown at the end to be paid for by the NRA so I would believe that one. I would be curious who paid for the other one as it appears they could be outright lying.
The radio ad says "As Attorney General, Drew Edmondson earned an A rating from the NRA."

So...not necessarily a lie, jut talking about 30 years ago.