Delays on ESPN+

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Had no problems watching the girls play tonight. No delays or stutters.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
There is always a delay on a streaming program, in case the announcers say one of the "7 words you can't say on television." Is that what you mean? Or just those annoying freeze frames while buffering?

Feb 26, 2005
www.geocities.com
I guess stuttering is the best way, as described earlier. Miss a few steps on a lay-up and sometimes miss the whole play at the rim. At times the frame freezes all together. I have the most recent upgrade through cox cable but am still using windows 7. Sorry had to learn on the go about computers and still learning. Thnks for any suggestions you have.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I guess stuttering is the best way, as described earlier. Miss a few steps on a lay-up and sometimes miss the whole play at the rim. At times the frame freezes all together. I have the most recent upgrade through cox cable but am still using windows 7. Sorry had to learn on the go about computers and still learning. Thnks for any suggestions you have.
Any idea what speed you're getting from Cox? Were you plugged in or on wifi? What kind of router do you have? Try running a speed test at speedtest.net and see what you're actually getting to your computer. Several possible sources for your buffering.

Feb 26, 2005
www.geocities.com
Any idea what speed you're getting from Cox? Were you plugged in or on wifi? What kind of router do you have? Try running a speed test at speedtest.net and see what you're actually getting to your computer. Several possible sources for your buffering.
Thanks, I'll try the speed test. I'm watching on a monitor of a desk top computer. The wifi system is the latest Cox has to offer. I'm assuming the fastest. I have ran speed tests on my phone to chk the wifi speed and it tells me super fast. I'm probably down to calling Cox and thinking maybe needing to upgrade the computer now.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Thanks, I'll try the speed test. I'm watching on a monitor of a desk top computer. The wifi system is the latest Cox has to offer. I'm assuming the fastest. I have ran speed tests on my phone to chk the wifi speed and it tells me super fast. I'm probably down to calling Cox and thinking maybe needing to upgrade the computer now.
The computer could just need more RAM, or a different video card. I haven't messed with ESPN in a while, but see if you can change the video quality from HD to SD.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 26, 2005
www.geocities.com
The computer could just need more RAM, or a different video card. I haven't messed with ESPN in a while, but see if you can change the video quality from HD to SD.

Thanks again for the responses. I have decided on a new pc and have already pulled the trigger. Windows 7 is phasing out anyway and when we purchased this pc, live streaming was only a discussion for the future. Although it only seems like just yesterday, if you know how that goes. I mainly was trying to see if many more or if any were having any issues, that have subscribed to the ESPN+ channel. Excited about basketball. Don't want to miss any. Go Pokes!

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Thanks again for the responses. I have decided on a new pc and have already pulled the trigger. Windows 7 is phasing out anyway and when we purchased this pc, live streaming was only a discussion for the future. Although it only seems like just yesterday, if you know how that goes. I mainly was trying to see if many more or if any were having any issues, that have subscribed to the ESPN+ channel. Excited about basketball. Don't want to miss any. Go Pokes!
Also consider connecting your streaming device (computer, Apple TV, Rocky, Firestick, etc.) with an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi.

Another factor could be other programs using your RAM and energy. Close other programs, especially resource-hogging websites that may be open on your browser. (Not OP.com though);)

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I watched on my lap top at the Holiday Inn Express in Pauls Valley. The stream screwed up the entire first half. I noticed when I didn't go to full screen, it held up a lot better. So, I zoomed the view in for a larger screen. It wasn't full screen, but it was okay and the second half was more pleasant.

I used Chrome, but saw a message from someone on here that said Explorer would be better. Next time I'm on my lap top, I'll see how it goes. ESPN+ nabbed 10 of our games this season. I'm sure I'll be in another lap top situation for one or some of the remaining 9 and will remember to try Explorer out.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I watched on my lap top at the Holiday Inn Express in Pauls Valley. The stream screwed up the entire first half. I noticed when I didn't go to full screen, it held up a lot better. So, I zoomed the view in for a larger screen. It wasn't full screen, but it was okay and the second half was more pleasant.

I used Chrome, but saw a message from someone on here that said Explorer would be better. Next time I'm on my lap top, I'll see how it goes. ESPN+ nabbed 10 of our games this season. I'm sure I'll be in another lap top situation for one or some of the remaining 9 and will remember to try Explorer out.
Same with you. Get a roku and take it with you. You won't have an issue other than internet speeds.