DeLand Regional

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
How many times will Clemson get a regional only to get their ass kicked. Acc overhyped as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Some final team stats:

Team batting average .258
Team ERA 5.53
Only one hitter at .300 (Kroon, exactly)
Only one regular pitcher with ERA under 4 (Varela 3.40)
Team strikeouts: 560 in 58 games
HRs 71 (only allowed 39)
Pitchers strikeouts 464 in 508IP (294 B.B.)

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
It is amazing. No idea why cj didn’t start tonight or reza. Kind of like koda Glover. He seems afraid to empty the pen even if the season is on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Top of Stetson's order is heavily lefthanded and had trouble on Friday with a kid who throws much like Basso. I'm sure Varela or Reza would have started or pitched a lot in a game 7.

That's baseball, especially when you're trying to come back through the loser's bracket. If Basso comes out and wins that game, this board is celebrating Rob's genius in making that call.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Trimper the Stetson coach just rubbed me the wrong way. Watching his post-game press conference only furthered this opinion. I hope Mike Fox and his Tar Heels dominate that series.

Last edited:

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
What did he say? I didn’t watch
Nothing really bad, and I was probably overreacting in the moment, but he came off as arrogant. He even started by sayong going forward I don't want Stetson to come off as arrogant, but we talked aboit regionals, super regionals, and Omaha. I find that funny because Josh has always made a point that we don't really have to talk about that. I understand that this was really big for him and Stetson, but he never once acknowledged the other teams. He was asked if he expected to win a regional in this fashion, and instead of saying how well his team played to beat these other great teams he said that he wasn't surprised because he has a great team.

He also spoke about having to battle delays all weekend, despite his team had the easiest route. It wasn't that bad, but I can't remember another press conference in a recent regional where an opposing coach didn't mention the other teams. This was most apparent when all the players were asked to explain the 10 run inning and they seemed to indicate it was expected based on their talent.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Nothing really bad, and I was probably overreacting in the moment, but he came off as arrogant. He even started by sayong going forward I don't want Stetson to come off as arrogant, but we talked aboit regionals, super regionals, and Omaha. I find that funny because Josh has always made a point that we don't really have to talk about that. I understand that this was really big for him and Stetson, but he never once acknowledged the other teams. He was asked if he expected to win a regional in this fashion, and instead of saying how well his team played to beat these other great teams he said that he wasn't surprised because he has a great team.

He also spoke about having to battle delays all weekend, despite his team had the easiest route. It wasn't that bad, but I can't remember another press conference in a recent regional where an opposing coach didn't mention the other teams. This was most apparent when all the players were asked to explain the 10 run inning and they seemed to indicate it was expected based on their talent.
wow i am sorry but other than their pitchers and one batter, i was not impressed by Stetson. They will get lit up by UNC. We made a lot of mistakes in this regional and should have won the regional. Funny he complained about all the delays when he is the one that caused them (i.e. not tarping the field, etc) bush league moves if you ask me. Stetson should never host a regional again.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
wow i am sorry but other than their pitchers and one batter, i was not impressed by Stetson. They will get lit up by UNC. We made a lot of mistakes in this regional and should have won the regional. Funny he complained about all the delays when he is the one that caused them (i.e. not tarping the field, etc) bush league moves if you ask me. Stetson should never host a regional again.
Agreed. It was unfortunate that the regional played out the way it did. No disrespect to our kids, but USF seemed to get our best. Honestly, I think USF was better than what we saw, but were better than was Stetson saw.

Apr 7, 2006
Funny- I was impressed by Stetson’s coach and thought he handled the situation well and just responded to the questions. If I recall, he’s a first year head coach that just beat OSU handedly to go to a super regional. Should he have apologized?

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Funny- I was impressed by Stetson’s coach and thought he handled the situation well and just responded to the questions. If I recall, he’s a first year head coach that just beat OSU handedly to go to a super regional. Should he have apologized?
He didn’t mention anything about their opponents. The class move is to praise your opponent no matter if you win or lose. Why I like josh. He credited Stetson both times and complimented their pitching staff. Stetsons coach was an arrogant prick and showed why it was his first year as head coach.

Dec 21, 2008
Don’t really have to compliment couple top rd pitchers. They had more talent & depth than us. End of story. Takes to learn all the PC media rules. Could be a once in a lifetime team for them who knows

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
He didn’t mention anything about their opponents. The class move is to praise your opponent no matter if you win or lose. Why I like josh. He credited Stetson both times and complimented their pitching staff. Stetsons coach was an arrogant prick and showed why it was his first year as head coach.
I’m not really sure where you’re getting that he’s a first-year Coach. This is his second year at Stetson. It was also pretty well documented during the regional that he had previously coached at the University of Maine and Manhattan.

I didn’t see the interview or hear it, but I’msure He has had plenty of experience coaching and with the media. This is undoubtedly the best team of his coaching career so why not act like they had the confidence to advance at their home field?