DeLand Regional

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
No matter how it ends it’s always tough to watch it come to a close. Until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 24, 2011
I am not hinting Josh may not be the man for the job. I am saying we don’t know right now, if the standard is a top ten program. I remember 1997 very well. Bob Simmons won 8 games. Everyone was very excited. A few years later, we fired him. One good year is not enough. Josh has had success, no question. But if things do not turn around from the last two years, he will not be here. With the new stadium, maybe he will knock it out of the park. That would be awesome. But in the end, it is results.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Mixed feelings about Stetson. They had a very ameteur feel in the way they hosted the regional. The fans were ok, some were alright but was not a baseball savvy crowd and didn't make much noise. The team was good but made a lot of noise in the dugout like a softball team or little league team. Glad I went, but didn't come away with a great impression of the school.

Dec 21, 2008
Next year we SHOULD have Jenson healthy (don’t think he gets picked above 12th rd with injury but could be a top 8 rounder the next yr), Parker, Teel and Heasley. I think the glaring obvious is we don’t have many MLB quality players.

Things we can all agree on
1) get pitchers healthy
2) new hitting approach
3) improve on defense dramatically
4) more hits, less HRs
5) recruit better

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Next year we SHOULD have Jenson healthy (don’t think he gets picked above 12th rd with injury but could be a top 8 rounder the next yr), Parker, Teel and Heasley. I think the glaring obvious is we don’t have many MLB quality players.

1) get pitchers healthy
2) new hitting approach
4) more hits, less HRs
5) recruit better
Definitely agree that pitching should be better. Speaking with some of the families this weekend they mentioned that Jensen is likely to stay because his brother told him it is really hard to graduate once you leave and go pro.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok

1) get pitchers healthy
2) new hitting approach
4) more hits, less HRs
5) recruit better

Also Mitchell Stone

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Mixed feelings about Stetson. They had a very ameteur feel in the way they hosted the regional. The fans were ok, some were alright but was not a baseball savvy crowd and didn't make much noise. The team was good but made a lot of noise in the dugout like a softball team or little league team. Glad I went, but didn't come away with a great impression of the school.
Not tarping the field is about as amateur as it gets. It’s Florida it rains every day.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Josh definitely has some tough decisions over he next few months. If there is t any change and we get these same results the next 2-3 years then I can see his seat becoming very hot. But I believe he is the man for this job.