Deaton healed up and playing

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 6, 2008
Tulsa
Johnny Deaton OSU's first commit of the incoming class is all healed up ahead of schedule from a broken collar bone in the first game. I am friends with his brother, and he told me last night he will be playing this week. Glad to see he is back and can finish the season on the field, then enroll for the spring and compete for next year.

Sep 22, 2007
NW Arkansas
Well, I hope he does ok with that. Seems awful early to me. Hope his coach isn't putting him in a bad position here career wise just to win a few games!

Oct 6, 2008
Tulsa
Doctor, not coach says it is healed up. He would not play if not healed up. The Doctor cleared him. He was prepared to be done, but continued rehab. If he thought there was any chance of reinjury he would sit out. He wants to play and has been given a clean bill of health. He is already ginving up his last semester as a high schooler. I say go for it and take these memories and momentum to Stillwater.

Feb 6, 2007
Edmond
In my experience when it comes to bone fractures there are mild breaks and there are bad breaks. Plus some rebuild bone faster than others.

Sep 25, 2006
BA
"we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice...we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice."

Oct 1, 2007
Southwest KS
"we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice...we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice."
Even Allen Iverson thinks this is a bad idea to practice.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
collarbone fracture? no biggie. quick rehab. Six weeks and you're better than new.
5 to 6 weeks in that figure eight cast is the sh!ts and leaves you feeling funny in the arms and shoulders. I would think it would take a couple of weeks to get the throwing motion up to speed.

May 14, 2009
It was a compund fracture and he had a titanium plate and 10 screws put in his collarbone by Dr. Bonone at EOOC... so SO not a minor injury... he should WAIT the 8 weeks!

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Doctor, not coach says it is healed up. He would not play if not healed up. The Doctor cleared him. He was prepared to be done, but continued rehab. If he thought there was any chance of reinjury he would sit out. He wants to play and has been given a clean bill of health. He is already ginving up his last semester as a high schooler. I say go for it and take these memories and momentum to Stillwater.
I say take a fully healed shoulder into Stillwater and compete for a starting job as he probably will do. It's not like Sand Springs is going to win very many games anyway.

Jul 11, 2007
I say take a fully healed shoulder into Stillwater and compete for a starting job as he probably will do. It's not like Sand Springs is going to win very many games anyway.
How do you figure? They're 1-1 in their district 3-2 overall without Deaton. They have winless Muskogee and Sapulpa left on their schedule. A matchup with Claremore at home in two weeks is key for them to make the playoffs. They also gets Jenks and Broken Arrow at home. If he wants to play, let him. A collarbone injury is much less likely to have lingering effects than an injured shoulder joint.

Jan 14, 2009
Actually, Sand Springs game on Friday in Muskogee is going to be key for them making the playoffs. The Roughers are 0-fer the season so far, but they've played some really good teams.
Anyway, it doesn't matter if his team is going to the playoffs or not. If he's been cleared by a doctor and wants to play for his school, that's up to him. He could actually be better off playing the last few games of his HS season and then competing for a job in Stillwater rather than sitting out for 3 months and trying to get back into it.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
How do you figure? They're 1-1 in their district 3-2 overall without Deaton. They have winless Muskogee and Sapulpa left on their schedule. A matchup with Claremore at home in two weeks is key for them to make the playoffs. They also gets Jenks and Broken Arrow at home. If he wants to play, let him. A collarbone injury is much less likely to have lingering effects than an injured shoulder joint.
I don't really know much about Oklahoma HS football, but doesn't Sand Springs usually stink? Isn't he the brightest star coming out of there in years? I wouldn't mess that up either. If they can make the playoffs and make a run in state until they meet up with Union or Jenks then power to them.