Daton Fix 1 Year Sanction

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Found this:

AAA Panel Imposes One-Year Sanction on Wrestling Athlete Daton Fix for Anti-Doping Rule Violation
Colorado Springs, Colo. (September 8, 2020) – USADA announced today that a three-member panel of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) has concluded the case of wrestling athlete Daton Fix, of Stillwater, Okla., determining, with agreement of Fix and USADA via a consent award, that Fix should receive a one-year sanction after testing positive for a prohibited substance.

Fix, 22, tested positive for ostarine as a result of an out-of-competition drug test conducted on January 22, 2020. Ostarine is a Non-Specified Substance in the class of Anabolic Agents and is prohibited at all times under the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing, the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee National Anti-Doping Policies, and the United World Wrestling Anti-Doping Rules, all of which have adopted the World Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List.
The panel found that Fix ingested ostarine by drinking from a water bottle, which contained a supplement mixture as well as ostarine that his father had prepared for himself but left in the family’s refrigerator. Fix explained he was unaware that his father had added ostarine to the supplement mixture.
Under the Code, an athlete’s period of ineligibility for using a prohibited substance may be reduced if the athlete’s anti-doping rule violation was unintentional and the athlete lacks significant fault for the violation. Given the circumstances, the panel agreed with Fix and USADA that Fix did not intend to enhance his athletic performance by ingesting ostarine and his degree of fault was low. The panel further agreed that a three-year reduction to the otherwise applicable period of ineligibility was appropriate.
Fix’s one-year period of ineligibility began on February 10, 2020, the date his provisional suspension was imposed. In addition, Fix has been disqualified from all competitive results obtained on January 22, 2020 through the date of provisional suspension, February 10, 2020, including forfeiture of any medals, points and prizes.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Dont understand why his father would be taking an illegal substance that burns fat and builds muscle
My first thought as well. But, given the @RxCowboy post above, I'll at least allow for the possibility his dad did not know the osterine was an unlabeled ingredient in an otherwise ok supplement.
I would say it is as likely as not.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2017
Florida
Its not illegal for individuals to take it, it is just considered a banned substance for athletes.
SARMs doping has been around for years, it has a half life of 24 hours. You live with a world class wrestler, possibly a gold medal wrestler. You put a water bottle for yourself in the fridge and do not label it or tell your son that is going to a meet. Okay.....

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
SARMs doping has been around for years, it has a half life of 24 hours. You live with a world class wrestler, possibly a gold medal wrestler. You put a water bottle for yourself in the fridge and do not label it or tell your son that is going to a meet. Okay.....
Daton passed a polygraph for his story so...

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
Daton passed a polygraph for his story so...
You dont know how things work. He got popped out of competition....It has such a small half life.
Pased a Polly.....Like that is hard to do. I like the kid, Fix is not doing anything that everbody else is not doing. He got caught. It was his first. They gave him the minimum, 1 year. But come on folks....Dont be so naive.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
You dont know how things work. He got popped out of competition....It has such a small half life.
Pased a Polly.....Like that is hard to do. I like the kid, Fix is not doing anything that everbody else is not doing. He got caught. It was his first. They gave him the minimum, 1 year. But come on folks....Dont be so naive.
Not being naive, but will just be happy with the decision made by the governing body and move on without trying to think what might have "really" happened.