CWS Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 29, 2007
Edmond, OK
CWS has always been one of my favorite sporting events and I fully expect the Pokes to be back in it on a regular basis in the near future. Dissapointing that they went down to Arky who started off the CWS today against Virginia.
UVA clearly found a weakness that the Cowboys did not, stealing 4 bases on their way to winning game 1. The Arky catcher was terrible throwing to 2nd and 3rd all day allowing UVA to move runners without bunting and giving up outs. This resulted in several runs scoring on hits with 2 outs. During the in game interview with UVA coach he was asked about their aggressive base running after being conservative the rest of the year. He played coy and said they just evaluated where they were in the game.
Arky even pitched out in the top of 9th and the UVA runner still should have been safe at 2nd except for one of the worst slides in the history of baseball.

RedRoss

Joe Rugby
A/V Subscriber
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
CWS has always been one of my favorite sporting events and I fully expect the Pokes to be back in it on a regular basis in the near future. Dissapointing that they went down to Arky who started off the CWS today against Virginia.
UVA clearly found a weakness that the Cowboys did not, stealing 4 bases on their way to winning game 1. The Arky catcher was terrible throwing to 2nd and 3rd all day allowing UVA to move runners without bunting and giving up outs. This resulted in several runs scoring on hits with 2 outs. During the in game interview with UVA coach he was asked about their aggressive base running after being conservative the rest of the year. He played coy and said they just evaluated where they were in the game.
Arky even pitched out in the top of 9th and the UVA runner still should have been safe at 2nd except for one of the worst slides in the history of baseball.
Oklahoma State stole 4 bases vs Arkansas as well. Costello, McCain (2) and Hassel. It really isn’t difficult to do 10 seconds of research and check a box score.

Or at the very least to have actually watched the game.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Oklahoma State stole 4 bases vs Arkansas as well. Costello, McCain (2) and Hassel. It really isn’t difficult to do 10 seconds of research and check a box score.

And Arakawa scored late advancing to 3rd on a ball in the dirt and the catcher threw it into LF to allow Tim to jog home.

May 29, 2007
Edmond, OK

Touché. I was at the OSU/AR game but didn't remember the AR catcher sticking out as a weakness like he did today. I do remember the Pokes getting the leadoff on in the first (Green) and then trying to bunt him over with a guy who had just been beaned on the face trying to bunt in his last at bat the night before. At your suggestion I did go look at box score and they also got the lead runner on in the 5th (McCain) and bunted him to 2b instead of stealing.
Anyway UVA should have had 5 today. Looking forward to rest of CWS and hoping the Hogs get knocked out.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
And this is why losing the regional stings, arky is not that good. The Pokes had a bad inning at the wrong time, they had a better staff, save for one inning better d and front to back a better lineup (not as stacked but 1-9), this regional and super set up pretty well for the Pokes. Not sour milk just an honest observation, the Pokes may have been beaten by MSU, that's not a guarantee one way or the other but they were a better, overall, club than arky. It really seemed like they were unable to shake off the texas game, even in their win they looked sluggish.