CWS Irony...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Had we beat TT we would either be playing FSU or Arkansas on Monday. FSU looks like they have already been written in to get to the finals. Either TT or ARK will be eliminated on Monday. FSU had the first shutout in CWS since the 80’s. TT lost their lead off hitter with a broken thumb in our series and this has hurt their performance.

I believe we could have won this bracket to face Vanderbilt in the final.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Had we beat TT, we would have played Mich.
FSU had the first shutout since the 80s? We had 2 shutouts in 2016.
Only 2 games have been played and you’re calling it done?

Time for your meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Had we beat TT, we would have played Mich.
FSU had the first shutout since the 80s? We had 2 shutouts in 2016.
Only 2 games have been played and you’re calling it done?

Time for your meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe the announcer meant FSU first shutout since the 80’s. Vandy won so I am predicting a FSU-Vandy final. FSU seems to be the team of destiny as they won against ARK without using their Ace, so their Ace will play against Michigan.

Feb 18, 2009
Right, wrong or indifferent, I think this year's team would have struggled in Omaha. That's just me, we were a good team but I don't think this team had enough to do any real damage in the CWS. (Notice: no digs at coaches, players, strategy, in game decisions, etc.) Just my opinion that we would have struggled.

I think Vandy is head and shoulders above everyone else and it's theirs to lose but if a team was going to challenge it will be Miss St. Florida State is on fire and what a story book this could be for Coach Martin. As much as I hate to say it, I kind of want them to pull it off.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
TT barely survives and ARK is eliminated. TT plays FSU on Wed in elimination game and Michigan in the drivers seat now and has off until Friday. I still think OState would have had a chance to win this bracket if we had beat TT in the last inning of the SR.

Last edited:

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
No kidding.

Dude has an amazing lack of self-awareness about this behavior.
Some idiot fans and umpires have to try to make the game more about them instead of the players between the lines.

In both cases they need to be shown the gate. It is ridiculous and should not be tolerated.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
How would you like to be seated in the chair right in front of him? What a miserable experience that would be for 3 hours of whistling in your ear. Even his fellow Vandy fans must be annoyed with that constantly happening the entire game.
Goes double for the :pistols:Mississippi State fans with their :poo: cowbells. So wanted to push one of their wheelchair-bound fans down the stairs of the loge deck of NRG Stadium a few years ago.