Crude Oil Collapses - Again

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So is it just pokey?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I put him and olderstool on ignore. I'm pretty sure my IQ went up when I did. Even if it didn't go up, I feel smarter since I don't read the same drivel in EVERY thread over, and over, and over.....
Pokey was actually banned. I'm not sure if anyone else was. I know he had been warned before, so maybe it's permanent. It doesn't matter much. I think it was just a sock and he has another account on here.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Pokey was actually banned. I'm not sure if anyone else was. I know he had been warned before, so maybe it's permanent. It doesn't matter much. I think it was just a sock and he has another account on here.

NotOnTV also got the ban hammer.

Jan 14, 2006
Might be a good thing for Pokey to take some time off. Dude was seriously losing his mind. I didn't agree with him on anything politically but he's still a poke and I hope he gets it together.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
The June crude oil futures contract expired yesterday without a corresponding collapse in oil prices - like what happened the two days before the expiration of the May contract. (Somewhat surprising given available storage is not publicly available data). Clearly that signals the market made storage space available for June deliveries against the June contract. Prices are now mostly flat through the end of 2020 @ $32 to $34/bbl. Absent meaningfully positive or negative demand news, or changes in foreign supply dynamics, we’re probably in a fairly stable oil price environment for the near term. At least producers (and banks, and service providers) have some stability(sorta) to plan their upcoming activities around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
The June crude oil futures contract expired yesterday without a corresponding collapse in oil prices - like what happened the two days before the expiration of the May contract. (Somewhat surprising given available storage is not publicly available data). Clearly that signals the market made storage space available for June deliveries against the June contract. Prices are now mostly flat through the end of 2020 @ $32 to $34/bbl. Absent meaningfully positive or negative demand news, or changes in foreign supply dynamics, we’re probably in a fairly stable oil price environment for the near term. At least producers (and banks, and service providers) have some stability(sorta) to plan their upcoming activities around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure when I bought oil stocks but it was about the same price per bbl as it is not. I think it was late '80s early '90s. They are my largest position. I'm a fan of Exon, the others are peripheral investments as far as I'm concerned. I almost bought NGL a while back and know am damn glad I didn't.

Edit: It was 1/89. Oil was about $35-$40 a bbl.