Crisis at the National Archives (Obama records missing)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
The problem is they had 8 years to fix anything and only managed to make everything they touched worse. Trump accomplished more in 500 days than Zero did in his entire presidency. Remember when Obama said part-time jobs and stagnant wages were the new norm for America? That was the response of a fool without answers to his administration's gross incompetence. It's all one could expect from a community organizer who never operated as much a a lemonade stand.
It will be interesting to see how you're talking about Trump in 2020 or 2024. Some of the ignorant things that Trump and the people he picked say make me worry how much longer his impressive facade can stand.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I suspect the only records of consequence that are considered missing are Obama's records of accomplishment. Those records aren't missing, they never existed.

Worst. President. Ever.
I bet you and others on here pretty strongly think that Obama having Bin Laden killed was staged to make Obama look good. Bin Laden had already died of kidney disease.

Too bad how a "worst president ever" came with a slow and fairly steady upward stock market, quite unlike now. No wonder it's said that Democrat presidents are more associated with good performing economies than Republican ones.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Do you find it interesting that every Republican president is called a moron by the left.....
In Trump's case they are right. He is a fucking moron. That is coming from a guy who was a Republican my whole adult life and registered as an independent during Obama's term because I thought the Republicans were getting their collective asses handed to them by the far left and not getting anything done.

Now they are following the pied piper of idiots toward nationalism and protectionism. Not to mention a a guy who is completely morally bankrupt. Trump isn't a conservative and he will go down as the worst president since Carter. Who knows, if the deficit keeps going unchecked and shit starts hitting the fan sooner rather than later, he might take the title from Carter.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
In Trump's case they are right. He is a fucking moron. That is coming from a guy who was a Republican my whole adult life and registered as an independent during Obama's term because I thought the Republicans were getting their collective asses handed to them by the far left and not getting anything done.

Now they are following the pied piper of idiots toward nationalism and protectionism. Not to mention a a guy who is completely morally bankrupt. Trump isn't a conservative and he will go down as the worst president since Carter. Who knows, if the deficit keeps going unchecked and shit starts hitting the fan sooner rather than later, he might take the title from Carter.
I don't pretend to know the future, and I don't like Trump as a blowhard arrogant person, but his accomplishments FAR outweigh anything Carter did in his entire term.

I don't like the man as a person at all (he's no Reagan), and I would likely enjoy a beer with Obama more, but Trumps a MUCH more productive leader in terms of making agreements that favor, so far, the United States and not some strange world order that hurts us, or conducting an Administration from a misguided negative point of view of our past history as Obama did.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The more we learn about what happened behind the scenes during the Obama administration, the more we learn how utterly corrupt it was. Now, it seems we may never know the worst of it because they covered their tracks. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't like Trump one bit but I'm thankful every day that we got stuck with him instead of Hillary. There's no telling how much of the real Obama legacy she would have kept and expanded on....talk about dodging an authoritarian bullet, that was a close one.
I can understand people not liking Trump personnaly for various reasons. But we tend to make our judgements based on what we see on TV, he's not a polished speaker.

He also has a unique way of getting things done and bringing people to the table. How many of us 6 months ago, because of how Trump reacted to NK, would have ever dreamed that this week Trump would be sitting with NK discussing denuclerization of the region?

In regards to Trumps actions on policy I find it difficult to argue with the results. Sure, there is always going to be something we don't like for various reasons. But the big picture is a positive one.

Unemployment down.
Taxes down.
Record unemployment for minorities.
Economy is recovering.
Consumer and business confidence is up.
US private payrolls have risne strongly.
China is coming to the table to re-visit trade barriers and IP issues.

May 8, 2009
Germantown, TN

Pfffttt. Don't worry.... Carter's safe. Nice post though. Profanity always makes a post seem more reasoned.

No independent who knows anything about the Carter admin could ever say someone is worse unless mentioning the Big Zero.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

Just another example of how out of touch you are with reality.