Crisis at the National Archives (Obama records missing)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
In the middle of directing the difficult task of transferring the historically important records of the Obama administration into the National Archives, the archivist in charge, David Ferriero, ran into a serious problem: A lot of key records are missing.
A first-rate librarian, Ferriero has been driving a much-needed digital overhaul and expansion of the National Archives over the nine years of his appointment. This will greatly improve the ability of digital search locally and remotely, as well as accessing the files themselves.
To support this effort, in 2014 President Obama signed the Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments. For the first time electronic government records were placed under the 1950 Federal Records Act. The new law also included updates clarifying "the responsibilities of federal government officials when using non-government email systems" and empowering "the National Archives to safeguard original and classified records from unauthorized removal.” Additionally, it gives the Archivist of the United States the final authority in determining just what is a government record.
And yet the accumulation of recent congressional testimony has made it clear that the Obama administration itself engaged in the wholesale destruction and “loss” of tens of thousands of government records covered under the act as well as the intentional evasion of the government records recording system by engaging in private email exchanges. So far, former President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Lynch and several EPA officials have been named as offenders. The IRS suffered record “losses” as well. Former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy called it “an unauthorized private communications system for official business for the patent purpose of defeating federal record-keeping and disclosure laws.”

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Trump is 30 times the better president than Obama. And Hillary would have been an absolute joke.
Try to look at the real results and not your yellow-journalism news sources, CNN and MSNBC.
Do you find it interesting that the last 4 or so Presidents have been considered "worst president ever" by the opposition? Because I do.

To be fair I care alot less than I did a couple of years ago. I think the guy is a moron (we are practically in a cold war with Canada know-how big of a dumbass do you have to be to screw up that relationship) but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. The economy will do what it will and terrorists will try to blow us up no matter who is in office. Everything else is just tribalism and rooting for your favorite colored jersey.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Current occupant notwithstanding
So what policy of Trumps have you disagreed with?

Maybe it was lowering taxes?

Maybe it was thwarting ISIS?

Maybe it’s reducing burdensome job killing regulations?

Maybe he’s not running enough guns to drug cartels in Mexico?

Maybe it’s his lack of support for terrorism such as Iran?

Maybe it’s that he is working to denuclearize NK?

What is it exactly?

Maybe it’s that he isn’t allowing Hezbelah to run drugs into the US?

Last edited:

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Do you find it interesting that the last 4 or so Presidents have been considered "worst president ever" by the opposition? Because I do.

To be fair I care alot less than I did a couple of years ago. I think the guy is a moron (we are practically in a cold war with Canada know-how big of a dumbass do you have to be to screw up that relationship) but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. The economy will do what it will and terrorists will try to blow us up no matter who is in office. Everything else is just tribalism and rooting for your favorite colored jersey.
Cold War, that’s just ...... well

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe record low unemployment for minorities is a problem with liberals?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe a healthy economy that is expanding is a problem with liberals?

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Maybe unemployment is too low to suit liberals?
The problem is they had 8 years to fix anything and only managed to make everything they touched worse. Trump accomplished more in 500 days than Zero did in his entire presidency. Remember when Obama said part-time jobs and stagnant wages were the new norm for America? That was the response of a fool without answers to his administration's gross incompetence. It's all one could expect from a community organizer who never operated as much a a lemonade stand.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe it's becasue median U.S. household income is up for 2nd Straight Year

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
The problem is they had 8 years to fix anything and only managed to make everything they touched worse. Trump accomplished more in 500 days than Zero did in his entire presidency. Remember when Obama said part-time jobs and stagnant wages were the new norm for America? That was the response of a fool without answers to his administration's gross incompetence. It's all one could expect from a community organizer who never operated as much a a lemonade stand.
Obama's legacy is being written today, and it's not pretty.

He's building a $500 M shrine to a failed presidency.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The more we learn about what happened behind the scenes during the Obama administration, the more we learn how utterly corrupt it was. Now, it seems we may never know the worst of it because they covered their tracks. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't like Trump one bit but I'm thankful every day that we got stuck with him instead of Hillary. There's no telling how much of the real Obama legacy she would have kept and expanded on....talk about dodging an authoritarian bullet, that was a close one.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Trump is 30 times the better president than Obama. And Hillary would have been an absolute joke.
Try to look at the real results and not your yellow-journalism news sources, CNN and MSNBC.
Ha, I bet midway in his first term lots of people thought Bush was already like 30 times better than Clinton. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
The more we learn about what happened behind the scenes during the Obama administration, the more we learn how utterly corrupt it was. Now, it seems we may never know the worst of it because they covered their tracks. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't like Trump one bit but I'm thankful every day that we got stuck with him instead of Hillary. There's no telling how much of the real Obama legacy she would have kept and expanded on....talk about dodging an authoritarian bullet, that was a close one.
Politics is corrupt by its very nature from how its run, having become more so by corporations and unions allowed to give to political campaigns. After all, corporations are people, too. Maybe public funding of political campaigns would help, assuming it wouldn't run into freedom of speech issues.