CRFF - Football Recruiting: Oklahoma State offers offensive tackle from Germany

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OP News

Greenhorn
Feb 17, 2018

Plus, two other offers made this past week

OSU didn’t have to go far to offer a scholarship to 2020 prospect Tobias Braun of Freiburg, Germany.

Braun, a 6-7, 306-pound offensive tackle prospect in the class of 2020 is rated as a 3-star prospect by 247Sports. He has offers from 15 programs, including OSU, Oregon, Florida State, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Arkansas, and Arizona State, among others. He is also seeing strong interest from Texas A&M and Baylor.

While Braun is from Germany, he moved to Bullard, Texas to play for Brook Hill during his junior season, but recently announced he will play his senior season at the Sallisbury School in Sallisbury, Connecticut.

Other Offers:

Just when we thought the 2019 class was finished, Oklahoma State makes an offer to a JUCO linebacker.

Trennan Carlson announced his offer on Twitter on Friday. The Ventura College prospect also has offers From UTEP, Liberty, and Utah.

At 6-2, 235-pounds, Carlson is a big ol’ boy who just wrapped up a sophomore campaign where he racked up 64 tackles, including 6.5 sacks and 15.5 TFLs. He also recorded one forced fumble, a 95-yard interception, two pass break ups, and two blocked kicks.

Need another reason to get excited about his potential?

Some light work on power cleans #315 pic.twitter.com/LwZKIOBul8

— Trennan Davon Carlson (@TrennanDavon) May 26, 2018

Carlson is scheduled to make an official visit to Stillwater early next week before making a trip to Utah the close the week out.

“I’m going out to Oklahoma Monday through Wednesday,” Carlson told Steve Barlte of UteZone. “then I’ll fly directly to Utah from there for my visit from Wednesday to Friday.”

Carlson also says the Cowboys jumped into his recruitment recently but have really pushed hard, with Coach Gundy taking the lead.

“Oklahoma State got in contact with me just recently, they wanted to get things rolling and offered me,” said Carlson. “The one that’s hitting me up most from Oklahoma State is the head coach, Mike Gundy. I’ve been in contact with both basically every single day.”

While Carlson is listed as a linebacker, he played inside linebacker, outside linebacker and defensive end last season. That last note is especially interesting considering OSU is thin at the position after losing Jordan Brailford, Jarrell Owens, and Cole Walterscheid.

OSU and Utah seem to be the two leaders. I doubt we will have to wait too long to find out where he’ll end up. If it’s OSU, he’ll provide an immediate impact at a position of need.

Oklahoma State also became third program to offer class of 2021 defensive end E’maurion Banks.

OSU joins OU and Texas Tech in extending an offer to Wichita Falls, Texas prospect.

There’s not much information available about Banks, but a quick look at his highlights showed he played both defensive end and lineman, and did a good job in getting to the ball carrier on a regular basis.

Continue reading...