Credit for POTUS from a never Trumper

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
You want to distance yourself from TDS and at the same time say Trump may be mentally ill? There’s plenty to criticize Trump for but it’s utterly ridiculous to say he’s mentally ill. If you truly believe that, then yes you have TDS. And if mental capacity is an issue you should clearly be voting for Trump over Biden. Biden in his heyday was a sharp pol but clearly he is having cognitive issues that I’m sure are only going to worsen with time and I find it very sad tbh.
Ridiculous to say Trump is mentally ill?? In all my life, and I'm being honest here, I have never encountered anyone that behaves in such a way as he does on a daily basis that was over the age of 10. Maybe mentally ill is the wrong term, I don't know, I'm not a professional. I just know something is very wrong with him, i mean fundamentally wrong with the man. If that is TDS, then sign me up.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Ridiculous to say Trump is mentally ill?? In all my life, and I'm being honest here, I have never encountered anyone that behaves in such a way as he does on a daily basis that was over the age of 10. Maybe mentally ill is the wrong term, I don't know, I'm not a professional. I just know something is very wrong with him, i mean fundamentally wrong with the man. If that is TDS, then sign me up.
You haven’t spent much time around billionaire magnates. And that’s not me being snarky. Jerry Jones, Mark Cuban, Boone Pickens, Aubrey McClendon, John Tyson; all guys I’ve spent time around and what we see from Trump is what I would see privately. Trump isn’t very good at being phony or having a filter so you see his warts much more clearly (although if you know anything about the men I mentioned I guarantee you have seen glimpses). If you want to say Trump’s behavior is beneath the office then yeah I can listen to that (but I’m not sure how the Hillary’s, Obama’s, and Biden’s are any better). But Trump isn’t mentally ill or anything close to it.

As to signing you up for TDS, I don’t have to. You are a card carrying member my friend. I’m just trying to bring you back to a reasonable position.

Nov 6, 2010
You haven’t spent much time around billionaire magnates. And that’s not me being snarky. Jerry Jones, Mark Cuban, Boone Pickens, Aubrey McClendon, John Tyson; all guys I’ve spent time around and what we see from Trump is what I would see privately. Trump isn’t very good at being phony or having a filter so you see his warts much more clearly (although if you know anything about the men I mentioned I guarantee you have seen glimpses). If you want to say Trump’s behavior is beneath the office then yeah I can listen to that (but I’m not sure how the Hillary’s, Obama’s, and Biden’s are any better). But Trump isn’t mentally ill or anything close to it.

As to signing you up for TDS, I don’t have to. You are a card carrying member my friend. I’m just trying to bring you back to a reasonable position.
Best of luck.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I agree with moving our troops out of Germany. What I don't agree with is moving them to Italy instead so there is not a net reduction of overseas troops, especially with the rationale that Germany was not paying it's 2% of GDP to national defense. Want to know why? Cause Italy is even further away from it's 2% than Germany is. I suspect this is just to get back at Merkel, nothing more.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Irrelevant. It's not our job to occupy foreign soil with our military to ensure "crazy wars" don't happen. We need to begin moving towards a defense-only force ASAP and start putting those billions (trillions?) towards paying for pandemics, education, infrastructure, cyber warfare, etc.....
When you're the Homecoming King you have a responsibility to make sure the Trenchcoat Mafia types don't shoot up the high school when you see them preparing in broad daylight.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
When you're the Homecoming King you have a responsibility to make sure the Trenchcoat Mafia types don't shoot up the high school when you see them preparing in broad daylight.
So that I may understand...

You believe that the winner of a teenage popularity contest is responsible for protecting the rest of the students from mass shootings? I honestly don't even know where to begin addressing the ridiculousness of that analogy.

I also can't imagine that physically occupying a country will be much of a deterrent for the next major aggressor(s) that the world faces. Maybe it "works" to fight wars on terror or small factions, but no way will it matter against the likes of Russia or China.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm turning into quite a noninterventionalist. From what I heard though he didn't bring them home but just moved them to other countries.

But I'm afraid there's no room for wavering. From what I'm told either you have to love Trump or hate him. If you go back and forth at all you are lumped in with the love him crowd which is not admitted in polite company and will get you sent to HR if you mention it at work.
Funny you should mention that. I work at one of the most virulently left-wing tech companies you can imagine. So much so that employees are constantly virtue-signaling (see what I did there?) their hatred for POTUS in Slack and other forums. They are so left-wing that we have trouble staffing certain customers, like McKinsey and Chik-Fil-a, because of the rampant "social conscience" of the employee base. Talk about the inmates running the asylum!

I'm right at two years from planned retirement, and you can bet when it gets close to that time I'm going to be doling out some serious ridicule on the Slack channels and Town Halls. Sorry for derailing.
What kind of work do you do if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Funny you should mention that. I work at one of the most virulently left-wing tech companies you can imagine. So much so that employees are constantly virtue-signaling (see what I did there?) their hatred for POTUS in Slack and other forums. They are so left-wing that we have trouble staffing certain customers, like McKinsey and Chik-Fil-a, because of the rampant "social conscience" of the employee base. Talk about the inmates running the asylum!

I'm right at two years from planned retirement, and you can bet when it gets close to that time I'm going to be doling out some serious ridicule on the Slack channels and Town Halls. Sorry for derailing.
Of course you will, that is the only thing you know how to do. I would suggest trying to have a productive conversation or counterpoints to what is going on, but I don't think you are capable of it.

You will flame away, get a short term ego boost and just reinforce their opinions of right wing people. If you end up having any impact, it will likely be a negative one on the conversation as a whole. More adults are needed, you should consider trying to be one.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
So that I may understand...

You believe that the winner of a teenage popularity contest is responsible for protecting the rest of the students from mass shootings? I honestly don't even know where to begin addressing the ridiculousness of that analogy.

I also can't imagine that physically occupying a country will be much of a deterrent for the next major aggressor(s) that the world faces. Maybe it "works" to fight wars on terror or small factions, but no way will it matter against the likes of Russia or China.
America is still the top dog. There is definitely smarter ways to do defend alpha dog status, but being the best has great benefits and great responsibilities.

I'll trust the worst US president over Putin or Xi. Any. Freaking. Day.

Do you know what happens to a castle that leaves the drawbridge down?

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
What kind of work do you do if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Call center management.

Ironically I am one of the primary points of contact with HR for the center, so I have to get any non PC stuff out of my system on here.

Sometimes my head is about to explode due to the crap I have to act like I respect.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Of course you will, that is the only thing you know how to do. I would suggest trying to have a productive conversation or counterpoints to what is going on, but I don't think you are capable of it.

You will flame away, get a short term ego boost and just reinforce their opinions of right wing people. If you end up having any impact, it will likely be a negative one on the conversation as a whole. More adults are needed, you should consider trying to be one.
GFYS...you are exactly like them. Bullies to the core who need to be f'ed with.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
America is still the top dog. There is definitely smarter ways to do defend alpha dog status, but being the best has great benefits and great responsibilities.

I'll trust the worst US president over Putin or Xi. Any. Freaking. Day.

Do you know what happens to a castle that leaves the drawbridge down?
Reasonable people can disagree on this subject, but I would like to know more about your thought process. Can you explain why you believe that America has "great responsibilities" and what those responsibilities entail?

Full disclosure: I support a non-interventionist foreign policy, and do not believe in exceptionalism. Feel free to disagree, but those are my positions.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
LOL, as much as I disagree with @NotOnTV politically, this reply is funny as shit. I like him more and more every day. My surrogate dad??
We have common ground, you are a likeable person, and I like to help where I can. Interesting that out of all the people on this board with whom I have a rancorous relationship, we still seem to get along in spite of politics.