Crazy B12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 12, 2019
Arcadia
If we end in a 4 way tie with us, ISU, KSU and OU all with 2 conf losses, who goes to the CCG? The way I understand the tiebreaker, it would be us and KSU. Is that right?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
If we end in a 4 way tie with us, ISU, KSU and OU all with 2 conf losses, who goes to the CCG? The way I understand the tiebreaker, it would be us and KSU. Is that right?
Yes

Here’s another interesting tidbit. OU is the only one of the five that doesn’t control its own destiny. If any of OSU, ISU, KSU or UT win out, they’re in the CCG. However, OU is the single biggest favorite to make the CCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Yes

Here’s another interesting tidbit. OU is the only one of the five that doesn’t control its own destiny. If any of OSU, ISU, KSU or UT win out, they’re in the CCG. However, OU is the single biggest favorite to make the CCG.

Averaging almost 53 ppg since their last loss will do that. We have to come up with some significant offensive production today and hold them well below their 46 point season average.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Yes

Averaging almost 53 ppg since their last loss will do that. We have to come up with some significant offensive production today and hold them well below their 46 point season average.
Ignoring Missouri State, TT, KU and OT points v UT, OU is averaging 32.5 pts per game. Against teams with a pulse on defense, they’re just not that scary.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
Ignoring Missouri State, TT, KU and OT points v UT, OU is averaging 32.5 pts per game. Against teams with a pulse on defense, they’re just not that scary.

so we're allowed to pick and choose? who have they played besides missouri st., tt, ku, and tx (taking away their ot points)?
so do we take away our points vs tx in ot also?
by any measure their O has come on, while ours is stuck in suck land. i understand injuries play a big part of our lack of production.
but games against opponents like ou were lost in the past 3-4 years because of recruiting.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

so we're allowed to pick and choose? who have they played besides missouri st., tt, ku, and tx (taking away their ot points)?
so do we take away our points vs tx in ot also?
by any measure their O has come on, while ours is stuck in suck land. i understand injuries play a big part of our lack of production.
but games against opponents like ou were lost in the past 3-4 years because of recruiting.
Missouri State, Texas Tech and Kansas have TERRIBLE defenses. Our defense is in a different league. Why would you want to include what they do against bad defenses when projecting what they would do against the best defense they’ll seen?

Against KSU, ISU, UT and TCU (all infinitely more comparable to OSU than the 3 above), OU scored 35, 30, 31 and 33.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
Iowa State just went up 28-0 against K-State. The Cyclones & Sooners have both steadily improved throughout the year. We're going to have to do the same to compete for the championship. Hopefully that starts today.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Iowa State just went up 28-0 against K-State. The Cyclones & Sooners have both steadily improved throughout the year. We're going to have to do the same to compete for the championship. Hopefully that starts today.
We have to win today to go to the CCG because Iowa State isn’t losing again. They’re in. It’s a matter of who plays them, OU or us....

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
We have to win today to go to the CCG because Iowa State isn’t losing again. They’re in. It’s a matter of who plays them, OU or us....
I’m still predicting a 4-way tie between OU, UT, ISU and OSU.

OU and UT to CCG.

Sep 9, 2013
OU and ISU have yet to face the best defense in the Big 12.
WVU will win one of its last 2. Yes, I watched OU, but WVU is unbeaten in Morgantown and smoked TCU and Kstate there as well.
WVU has probably a first team All-american train stopper at mlb. He has wheels and transferred to WVU from Arz. Tony Fields chose WVU over hard pushes from Texas and others.
He wont be run over by OU's big back.

WVU also has, along with the Cowboys, the best corners in the big 12, and WVU has 3 very good safeties, all whom can lay the lumber.

Then WVU has 3 guys on its dline who will play in the NFL.

OU was fired up to play Bedlam. you guys were higher ranked them they were. Will OU be fired up to play WVU? OU will get WVU's best shot. had a week off to prepare.

ISU isnt a world beater. WVU matches up with then very well. maybe snowing in ames in december, but WVU has northern players too. Id give ISu a 3 point advantage for homefield. That game will be a rock fight, just like your game with ISU.

ISU also has to play Texas. Texas' refs cheat. So unless ISU is 10 points better than Texas, they likely lose just like WVU did. Just Like Cowboys did.

BTW the last 3 games WVU's defense has give up 17 to Texas in austin, 6 to tcu, and 10 to kstate. kstate got most of its yards in 4th when game was decided.
Dont count out WVU or Texas.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
WVU will win one of its last 2. Yes, I watched OU, but WVU is unbeaten in Morgantown and smoked TCU and Kstate there as well.
WVU has probably a first team All-american train stopper at mlb. He has wheels and transferred to WVU from Arz. Tony Fields chose WVU over hard pushes from Texas and others.

WVU also has, along with the Cowboys, the best corners in the big 12, and WVU has 3 very good safeties, all whom can lay the lumber.

OU was fired up to play Bedlam. you guys were higher ranked them they were. Will OU be fired up to play WVU? OU will get WVU's best shot. had a week off to prepare.

ISU isnt a world beater. WVU matches up with then very well. maybe snowing in ames in december, but WVU has northern players too. Id give ISu a 3 point advantage for homefield. That game will be a rock fight, just like your game with ISU.

ISU also has to play Texas. Texas' refs cheat. So unless ISU is 10 points better than Texas, they likely lose just like WVU did. Just Like Cowboys did.

BTW the last 3 games WVU's defense has give up 17 to Texas in austin, 6 to tcu, and 10 to kstate. kstate got most of its yards in 4th when game was decided.
Hope ISU is a world beater vs UT

Aug 23, 2010

Well when uo freight trains you, you'll still find another excuse. Sorry, they are going to win this stupid league for a long time. Mike Stoops was everyone's best ally and he's gone and they are young and getting high caliber recruits on defense. Everyone missed their chance to beat them because after this season, good luck. Just think that they still have two 5 star WRs (hurt and suspended, starting RB (opted out) and a 5 star DL (opted out). This was our year and we had the unfortunate time to draw them when their young players have gotten some experience. Minus covid hitting uo hard, wvu is gonna get beat too

Sep 9, 2013
Well when uo freight trains you, you'll still find another excuse. Sorry, they are going to win this stupid league for a long time. Mike Stoops was everyone's best ally and he's gone and they are young and getting high caliber recruits on defense. Everyone missed their chance to beat them because after this season, good luck. Just think that they still have two 5 star WRs (hurt and suspended, starting RB (opted out) and a 5 star DL (opted out). This was our year and we had the unfortunate time to draw them when their young players have gotten some experience. Minus covid hitting uo hard, wvu is gonna get beat too
OU may beat WVU 52-10. they are a better team than WVU. WVU is 2 years away from being able to equalize the talent a bit.

That said, OU was beaten by Kstate and ISU. Neither of those teams are better than WVU. WVU actually has more talent at most positions than ISU, though regrettably qb isnt one of them.

WVU has a better oline that Cowboys. It has gotten better every game. WVU's team speed sideline to sideline on defense is much better than Cowboys, and that may make the difference.
Do I expect WVU to upset OU? No. Would I bet my house getting OU and 35 points? No.

All Im saying is OU has 2 losses, and they maybe could get a 3rd. They are not unbeatable. And that rb is slow. slow but powerful, but he wont be running over WVU defenders. Safeties like Tykee Smith and our mlb are stop guys in their tracks.
The key matchup will be WVU's Dline v OU oline. This is WVU's best dline perhaps ever. The reason LSU and Bama throttled OU is they manhandled their oline. WVU has a very, very good dline. Good enough to make plays in Ou's backfield? well see.

I agree OU is likely to win out, but ISU will not. They may lose twice. MAY. two tough games left.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
OU may beat WVU 52-10. they are a better team than WVU. WVU is 2 years away from being able to equalize the talent a bit.

That said, OU was beaten by Kstate and ISU. Neither of those teams are better than WVU. WVU actually has more talent at most positions than ISU, though regrettably qb isnt one of them.

WVU has a better oline that Cowboys. It has gotten better every game. WVU's team speed sideline to sideline on defense is much better than Cowboys, and that may make the difference.
Do I expect WVU to upset OU? No. Would I bet my house getting OU and 35 points? No.

All Im saying is OU has 2 losses, and they maybe could get a 3rd. They are not unbeatable. And that rb is slow. slow but powerful, but he wont be running over WVU defenders. Safeties like Tykee Smith and our mlb are stop guys in their tracks.
The key matchup will be WVU's Dline v OU oline. This is WVU's best dline perhaps ever. The reason LSU and Bama throttled OU is they manhandled their oline. WVU has a very, very good dline. Good enough to make plays in Ou's backfield? well see.

I agree OU is likely to win out, but ISU will not. They may lose twice. MAY. two tough games left.
Don't hang your hat on OU's 2 losses while talking up WVU. OU got those losses around the time WVU was a pretty easy win for OSU. None of that means much at all this point in the season.

Aug 23, 2010

As I stated, those teams played OU when they were missing star players and all the freshmen were adjusting to the game. As far as equalizing the talent, have you not seen their next two recruiting classes?! Sorry to toot their horn but as far star power they are ranked near the very top. Where is wvu or anyone else in this league. This is the year to beat them and we missed our chance. If they win the big 1w again, get used to seeing it for awhile. Haven't they won the last 5 and are getting better recruits than what they had during that run. It's fun to think our teams can have runs like this but unfortunately neither of our teams are a blue blood and can perennially recruit 4 and 5 stars to have 3 deep. It's frustrating and it's not like basketball where 1 or 2 guys can turn your team into a contender