Cox Cable OnDemand OSU game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 13, 2009
Stillwater, OK
We're in the process of getting it up right now. I wish we could narrow it down a little more than "sometime within 2-4 days of the game," but we're just not sure how long it will take. It's coming though.

CPA Poke

Caulking Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2008
Jenks
www.facebook.com
Also noticed that the video feed is the direct Jumbotron feed, with our radio broadcast as the audio.

Not complaining, but are they all going to be like this? Or will the nationally-available games be the actual replays of the TV broadcasts?

CPA Poke

Caulking Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2008
Jenks
www.facebook.com
Watching now...I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but during the commercial break they left Dave and John's mics on, so you can hear everything they're saying during the breaks :)

So far all I've gotten is that Dave is pissed about not being able to see the numbers on the uniforms, and wants the gray uni's "scrapped". I'll be listening for any other juicy info ;)

CPA Poke

Caulking Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2008
Jenks
www.facebook.com
I can't find it...I looked under Free Zone, Oklahoma State and couldn't find it
It's under Game Replays...and you might have to go into another section and scroll up so it refreshes. Don't ask me why, but it just does that sometimes.

And re: my earlier comment about leaving the mic's on, it sounds like they realized that they were on (John made some comment about "hey guys, remember the deal about the commercial breaks...")

It was actually pretty funny, they had the producer (I think) on the headset so they could tell him about the uniforms, and he made some comment about "where the hell is Joe Riddle when you need him?" LOL

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Haha, I better watch before they take it down to "edit" the commentary.

Chris H.

administrator emeritus
Jul 1, 2004
Tulsa, Okla.
chris.hasenpflug.net
Also noticed that the video feed is the direct Jumbotron feed, with our radio broadcast as the audio.

Not complaining, but are they all going to be like this? Or will the nationally-available games be the actual replays of the TV broadcasts?
They've advertised this as being okstate.tv content, and that's exactly what you get on okstate.tv. The school doesn't own distribution rights to the national broadcasts, so I doubt they'll be available on cox either.

Mar 11, 2006

Yes, the video board feed will be the game replay. Cox does the video board for OSU.

Some Fox games may have the feed available On Demand, but ABC/ESPN games will not. But home games will have video board feed.

CPA Poke

Caulking Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2008
Jenks
www.facebook.com
Also just heard some producer guy (not sure who) just said, fairly confidently, that Johnny Thomas should be back for the AZ game.

I feel like I'm getting my own little inside info, I love it :)

Nov 1, 2010
Vancouver, WA
yeah i was watching it earlier....its under "Just In!" if you can't find it other the other tabs. Its the local broadcast and local announcers and unedited for the most part so you can here them talk and b/s while other stuff is going on. They rag on the gray jersey's pretty good at the beginning of the game.

Sucks it's not in HD; kinda of weird watching something on TV that's not in HD these days. Makes me think my TV is broke or I'm drunk.

Oct 7, 2006
In a house!
Go to FreeZone, Cox Local, Oklahoma State.

If you have Cox's whole-DVR, go to FreeZone, Sports, OSU Cowboys.
I checked both and I'm seeing the same thing in both areas. "Just in" shows "Coach Gundy Message" and "OU vs OSU Women's Soccer". The section "Game Replays" just shows the soccer game.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I checked both and I'm seeing the same thing in both areas. "Just in" shows "Coach Gundy Message" and "OU vs OSU Women's Soccer". The section "Game Replays" just shows the soccer game.
It's under "Just In."