Cowgirl Softball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 4, 2016
florida
Makes me wonder if the uo groundcrew 'accidently' turned the sprinklers to wet the field to protect their overall #1 national seed.
If OU finish their pool game before the rain came to cancel the rest of the tournament.....how would they decide on who gets the automatic bid?

Would it be head to head during regular season?

Runs for? Or runs allowed?

I’m curious how they do it.
uo won the regular season title therefore they were given the automatic bid. The answer to all your questions would fall in favor of uo. During the Bedlam games I heard that one of uo players had scored more runs during the season then uo had allowed. They are THE dominant team in softball this season. I would have liked to see our ladies get another crack at them.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Several preview articles for the Stillwater regional from Kelly Hines...

NCAA softball: OSU hosting first regional since 1998

For the first time in program history, the Cowgirls enter the NCAA Tournament as a national seed. And for the first time since 1998, they are hosting an NCAA regional.

“If you don’t host, it’s really hard to advance,” fourth-year coach Kenny Gajewski said. “We’ve worked and worked and worked for this.”

OSU is the tournament’s No. 13 overall seed, and the field for the games Thursday-Saturday includes regional rivals Tulsa and Arkansas in addition to West Coast Conference champion BYU. The winner of the first round advances to super regionals.

“Since the first day that I showed up here, (being a national seed) was one of our missions,” infielder Sydney Springfield said. “This is one of the steps to get to the World Series, and it’s awesome to see how our hard work has paid off.

“It’s not over. We still have a lot of ways to go to accomplish the actual goal, but it’s an awesome feeling that we get to be at home, be with our fans and in our facility with everyone supporting us.”
NCAA softball: A look at the four teams in the Stillwater regional

NCAA softball: TU looking forward to 'change of scenery' with Stillwater regional

For the first time in four years, the University of Tulsa’s pursuit of its first trip to an NCAA softball super regional doesn’t go through Norman.

The Hurricane, runner-up in the American Athletic Conference, is instead playing in the Stillwater regional as part of a field that includes Oklahoma State and Arkansas, two teams TU has enjoyed great success against in recent history.

“It’s nice to have a change of scenery. We’ve been to Norman the past three years I’ve been here,” catcher Rylie Spell said. “But we’re excited just to be in a regional, in general, and excited to be a place that is familiar.”
Today's games are Tulsa vs. Arkansas at 5 p.m. and Oklahoma State vs. BYU at 7:30 p.m.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
Listening to the announcers from last nights win against BYU it was stated all tickets to the tournament had sold out in 1 minute of going on sale with the exception of a few single game tickets. Upon looking at the box score on Okstate.com the attendance figure read 493. Can anyone in attendance last night verify an attendance figure?

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Congrats on the win. Here's our recap from Kelly Hines...

STILLWATER — Hosting an NCAA regional for the first time in more than two decades, Oklahoma State quickly addressed early jitters, which soon evaporated.

Seeded No. 13 nationally, the Cowgirls scored three runs in the first two innings of their opening game, propelling them to a drama-free 3-1 win Thursday against BYU in front of a home crowd of close to 800 fans.

“I thought we were a little tight, to be very honest, in the top half of that first,” coach Kenny Gajewski said. “I thought there was some tension there, but we got out of that. … We scored runs in the next half-inning there, and then it just kind of went away.”

The victory sets up a noon Friday showdown with Tulsa, with the winner heading to the regional final Saturday and the loser needing another win to survive and advance. The Hurricane split its games against OSU this season but has won 12 of the past 14 meetings.
Also, here's a recap of TU's game since they're your next opponent...

STILLWATER — After an uneventful six innings, the seventh inning provided most of the highlights for Tulsa and most of the lowlights for Arkansas.

The Hurricane forced a flurry of ill-timed miscues to pick up a 5-0 victory in the first game of the NCAA softball regional Thursday night at Cowgirl Stadium, TU’s third consecutive regional-opening win against an SEC opponent.

“I was just proud of them that they kept going and kept having good at-bat after good at-bat,” TU coach John Bargfeldt said. “That’s the type of team we are.

“We’re not going to hit a three-run homer very often. Every once in a while we will, but we just need to be somebody that just passes the bat and keeps the line moving.”
Today's OSU-Tulsa game will be at noon, with the losing team facing the winner of the Arkansas-BYU mid-afternoon game (2:30 pm) at 5 p.m. today.

The winner of OSU-Tulsa gets the rest of today off, and will face the winner of the 5 p.m. game at 3 p.m. Saturday

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
Listening to the announcers from last nights win against BYU it was stated all tickets to the tournament had sold out in 1 minute of going on sale with the exception of a few single game tickets. Upon looking at the box score on Okstate.com the attendance figure read 493. Can anyone in attendance last night verify an attendance figure?
From the baseball stadium it looked like there were some empties in the reserved seating, but the outfield truck parking was packed, so it may be season ticket holders that couldn’t make a Thursday game from okc or Tulsa. Allie P also had a smaller crowd than it prolly should have had given the Thursday start to the weekend

Feb 4, 2016
florida
From the baseball stadium it looked like there were some empties in the reserved seating, but the outfield truck parking was packed, so it may be season ticket holders that couldn’t make a Thursday game from okc or Tulsa. Allie P also had a smaller crowd than it prolly should have had given the Thursday start to the weekend
The announcers also stated that the outfield truck parking is also counted in the attendance figure. Thank you for your response.