Cowgirl Softball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
I know we are young. Aside from Show our best hitters are Factor and Richbourg, freshman and soph, but we need more. Our defense is exceptional and I'm worried about pitching for next year. I'm hoping for another transfer pitcher to join our ranks as Simunek and Clakley are finesse pitchers and as you have seen power pitching is the name of the game.

We are losing Clackley as well. She a Sr.

We have Simunek
Gabby Springs transferred in from Tennessee who didn’t pitch very much. Don’t know if she is hurt or what.
In this yr recruiting class, we have two pitchers coming from HS ranks. One is a lefty that probably get some playing time on 1st. The other is suppose to be a power pitcher.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Hopefully, the success and media attention that Show has had in her year at OSU will lead to other talented pitchers deciding to transfer in.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
Hopefully, the success and media attention that Show has had in her year at OSU will lead to other talented pitchers deciding to transfer in.
She has the Cincinnati Reds tweeting @ her and MLB Network on SiriusXM has been talking about it. That’s great pub for the softball program and school.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Looks like we are getting a transfer from Virginia, Haley Busby, who will probably take over at 2B, although she has played SS at UV. She hit .388 last year with 11 homeruns. Virginia was offensively-challenged, scoring only 214 runs compared to 356 by the Cowgirls, so her RBI numbers were pretty low. She only struck out 13 times in 170 at-bats, which is a lot better ratio than any of our starters this year.

Now, if we can just find another ace for the circle.