Cowgirl Softball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
How committed to OSU is Kenny? Are we going to be able to hang on to him long term? Only ask since he was a former OU baseball player, on their national championship team even.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Our coach has assembled one heck of a softball team brimming with confidence. Anyone else notice OU has a team full of huge-assed spike haired wildebeests and our girls look like a bunch of attractive athletic swimsuit models. Maybe that’s why OU is so good but I sure like our Cowgirls a lot better. I hope we can play our A-Game and take 2 of 3 from them next week!
Think there is more to this team (and sport) than how attractive or not attractive players are. Think we should be able to focus on qualities other than looks. This isn’t the 1950s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 7, 2006
How committed to OSU is Kenny? Are we going to be able to hang on to him long term? Only ask since he was a former OU baseball player, on their national championship team even.
I'd say he's pretty committed and will be as long as we're committed and investing in the program.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
If he leaves OSU he probably won't be going to OU. Gasso will be there another 10 years or more, and I expect she is grooming her son to be her replacement. His background is interesting. He really didn't have a lot of coaching experience before coming to OSU.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Previewing Bedlam with Bill Haisten...

On the soonersports.com website, Oklahoma softball coach Patty Gasso’s bio amounts to 3,899 words.

The Lincoln Riley bio on the same site: 1,379 words.

Gasso’s body of work — 25 seasons at OU, 1,248 wins and national titles in 2000, 2013, 2016 and 2017 — merits a 3,899-word review.

Her Oklahoma State counterpart, Cowgirls coach Kenny Gajewski, is among the more quotable figures in college sports. In four seasons, he has elevated OSU to a position of prominence both within the Big 12 and nationally.

Gasso and Gajewski are at the center of an incredibly compelling Bedlam competition this weekend. Any Bedlam clash is interesting — even when one side has pronounced advantages — but this is high-stakes Bedlam at its best.

As an unintended tribute to former Cowboys football coach Les Miles, who never took a step back when discussing Bedlam challenges, Gajewski issued a bold statement: “These are big games, and this is Bedlam and OU is the No. 1 team in the country, but we’re pretty damn good.”

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Weather question.

weather.com and other sites are predicting 80% chance of thunderstorms Friday.

If Friday's game is rained out, would they make the Sunday event a doubleheader? (No rain predictions)

Or just play the Saturday and Sunday single games?

They better NOT make the Saturday event a doubleheader since it is in Norman. Two games are scheduled at oSu, not ou.

Or maybe make plans on what happens Saturday (if no Friday game). If the Cowgirls were to win Saturday, then they would need to win two more games to win the Big 12 regular season Title. So the planned single game Sunday would switch to a doubleheader Sunday. OR, only a doubleheader if the Cowgirls win the first game on Sunday???

Now that I have spent all this time posting this, the Friday game will not be rained out. :oops:

EDIT: Well, now some OKC stations are predicting less chance of rain:

New4: 30% KOCO: 40%

So looking a lot more better for Friday.

Last edited:

DemBoys

Wrangler
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
They will probably move the game time if the weather looks more favorable in the afternoon as opposed to the scheduled 6:00 start time.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
More Bedlam previewing from Eric Bailey...

Two freshmen — one wearing crimson and cream, the other orange and black — are looking forward to their first Bedlam softball series this weekend.

Oklahoma State center fielder Chyenne Factor teethed on Bedlam while attending Yukon High School.

Factor is hitting an OSU-best .362 with 11 extra-base hits and six homers. Their offensive production hasn’t come easily. Both said the high school-to-college transition has been a rough ride.

Said Factor, “I’m still working on the hitting part of it. In high school, I was way more consistent. The pitchers are better (in college), also.

“That’s the biggest change,” Factor said, then laughed and added, “and also the academics.”

Factor is familiar with the Bedlam series.

“I went to most of them in Stillwater,” she said. “I have no idea (what to expect). I know it’s really crazy. All the series this year have been crazy. This one is for the Big 12 title. It’s going to be loud and fun.”
Update: Tonight's game canceled due to weather.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2013
Weather question.

weather.com and other sites are predicting 80% chance of thunderstorms Friday.

If Friday's game is rained out, would they make the Sunday event a doubleheader? (No rain predictions)

Or just play the Saturday and Sunday single games?

They better NOT make the Saturday event a doubleheader since it is in Norman. Two games are scheduled at oSu, not ou.

Or maybe make plans on what happens Saturday (if no Friday game). If the Cowgirls were to win Saturday, then they would need to win two more games to win the Big 12 regular season Title. So the planned single game Sunday would switch to a doubleheader Sunday. OR, only a doubleheader if the Cowgirls win the first game on Sunday???

Now that I have spent all this time posting this, the Friday game will not be rained out. :oops:

EDIT: Well, now some OKC stations are predicting less chance of rain:

New4: 30% KOCO: 40%

So looking a lot more better for Friday.
I am curious what will happen with scheduling in this situation now that it has occurred.