Cowgirl Softball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 13, 2005
I’m assuming they are saying that the fielder interfered with the base path but she had the ball in her hand when she was in her way. Then we retagged her. Doesn’t matter though. Girls are moving on

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Whorns beat aggy in 3-2 in 8. They will have to beat Sam Houston State tonight and Houston twice tomorrow to advance.

Dec 21, 2008
Very very weak thread for such an amazing accomplishment!! Coach G is a flat out stud!! Love listening to him because he’s honest and transparent. Great job Cowgirls and coaches!!!!!!

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Lady Sooners get upset by Wisconsin to force the IF game. First loss on their home field in 2 years and snaps a 40+ game winning streak.
OU is up 1-0 in the third. Go Badgers!!!!
Texas is leading Houston 5-1 in the first elimination game. They will have to beat Houston twice.
Tech is hanging in there. Lead LSU 5-2 in the 6th. Tech has to win twice.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Congrats on the Super Regional berth. Here's a recap from Kelly Hines...

STILLWATER — The final out hung for several seconds high above Cowgirl Stadium, giving Oklahoma State second baseman Madi Sue Montgomery more time to soak in what was about to happen.

“I thought it was never going to come down,” Montgomery said. “It felt like it was up there forever. It was a really cool moment. I knew when we caught that, we could celebrate.”

With an efficient 2-1 win against Tulsa in Saturday’s final, the 13th-seeded Cowgirls weathered a challenging regional to secure the program’s first NCAA super regional berth since 2011.

“This is why we came here, to get this program back on the national stage,” fourth-year coach Kenny Gajewski said. “I don’t think we’re one of those elite teams yet, but we’re working to get to that point.”
Also, here's 30+ photos from Friday's win. One of my favorites:

5cdf1f549325f.image.jpg

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Every #1 seed won their regional or is great position to win. I think the NCAA women's basketball was something similar. If I remember correctly, the sweet 16 was comprised of only 1 through 4 seeds. Why is there no parity in women's college sports? Not enough talent to spread around?

Every #1 seed won their regional or is great position to win. I think the NCAA women's basketball was something similar. If I remember correctly, the sweet 16 was comprised of only 1 through 4 seeds. Why is there no parity in women's college sports? Not enough talent to spread around?

Here is my theory...because of Title IX and the equality of offering scholarships between male and female student athletes, sports like softball and women's basketball offer more scholarships than baseball and men's basketball. This allows the historical powerhouse programs the opportunity to stockpile really great players - think NCAA football before the 85 scholarship limit. More great players usually translates to more wins and more championships.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
The transfer rules in softball help the elite teams. OU's ace pitcher was at ASU last year but when OU's top 2 pitchers graduated she was able to transfer in and become immediately eligible. So elite players at mediocre schools can cherry pick where they want to go. We did get lucky with Show and Springfield but it wasn't like we were much better than the schools they came from.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Super Regional preview by Kelly Hines...

After securing the program’s first NCAA super regional berth since 2011, the Oklahoma State softball team didn’t go crazy with excitement.

The 13th-seeded Cowgirls celebrated modestly when they defeated Tulsa on Saturday for a sweep in regional play, continuing what has been a memorable season for OSU.

“I had told them in our huddle that we are not done,” coach Kenny Gajewski said. “I think we are really good and we’ve been saying that since before the season. It’s just been a joy to watch this team grow and learn how to win.”

The road from Stillwater to Oklahoma City, site of the Women’s College World Series, will have to go through Tallahassee, Florida. Next up for the Cowgirls is a best-of-three series against defending national champion Florida State, the No. 4 overall seed.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for the staff and what they’ve done here, but we come in here with high hopes,” Gajewski said during a news conference Wednesday in Florida. “We feel like we’re a team that’s as good as anybody in the country and we’re looking forward to a chance to prove that. We’re led by kind of a unique mixture of seniors and freshmen and a couple of sophomores.

“Our program does things in a way that some people love and some people don’t, and we’re going to stay true to who we are and what we do. We’re proud to represent OSU, our fans, and our school, and we’re looking forward to playing.”
NCAA super regional
No. 13 Oklahoma State at No. 4 Florida State

Best-of-three; * If necessary

6 p.m. Thursday (ESPN), 2 p.m. Friday (ESPN2), *11 a.m. Saturday (ESPN)[/quote]

Dec 21, 2008
2B off cf wall
Hard 1b to LF
k swinging
Dinker in front of plate Show went to field in front of plate and whiffed. Run scored
1&2nd one out 9 hole batting