Cowgirl Bedlam

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
If OSU can’t beat a bad OU team in Stillwater, on a night the Sooners commit 30 turnovers, the Cowgirls better hope they don’t get blown out in Norman.
Littell - I don't follow G-BB, is he any good? I see he has 2 stud girls, one that struggled tonight. Maybe the Coach Boyton group of 50 coaches he has could lend some advice, or maybe not - since they have no idea how to coach...

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
Littell - I don't follow G-BB, is he any good? I see he has 2 stud girls, one that struggled tonight.
In 9 seasons as head coach, Littell’s conference record is 71-75.

The Cowgirls meet #6 Baylor in Waco on Sunday. Unless OSU pulls off a miraculous upset, Littell’s record will fall to 71-76.

The Big 12’s days as a juggernaut in women’s basketball have long since passed.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Frank Bonner II...

OSU called a timeout with 25 seconds left and had a chance to take the lead with the score still tied at 75. The Cowgirls ran the shot clock down and Vivian Gray had to force up a shot that missed and was rebounded by the Sooners. An inadvertent whistle stopped the clock right before OU signaled for a timeout with 3.6 seconds left and that was more than enough time for the Sooners to score the winning basket.

Gray led OSU with 22 points and Natasha Mack had 18 points and 14 rebounds, but they were a combined 16-for-46 from the field. The teams split last year’s Bedlam games, but the Cowgirls came into Wednesday having won three of the previous four games in Stillwater.

OU’s win also snapped a four-game winning streak by the Cowgirls and handed them their first loss in over a month.

“Obviously, this one hurts a lot,” OSU coach Jim Littell said. “We put ourselves in position to win a basketball game and I’ve got to do a better job of helping our kids finish games out. … We had a collapse at the end and we gave up 30 points in the fourth quarter. Give credit to Oklahoma, they hung in there.”

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
Littell - I don't follow G-BB, is he any good? I see he has 2 stud girls, one that struggled tonight. Maybe the Coach Boyton group of 50 coaches he has could lend some advice, or maybe not - since they have no idea how to coach...
Talking out my a$$ here but. Our WBB seems to mirror our football history. Not really good. At times we have had good teams. Lots of bad times. Budke had us in a good spot. RIP. Littell has been decent. He's not bad, he's hasn't been great. I know there "were" rumblings of moving on in the past and last night doesn't help.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2005
Broken Arrow, OK
My God. I watched that game and felt like OSU should have won by 25! OSU led by a dozen 3 or 4 times in that game, but kept letting it slip away. OU doesn't have a single player that can dribble worth a damn and they pass poorly -- hence the 30 or so turnovers from nice OSU defensive pressure. OSU's point guard can't make free throws and the starting center hasn't made a free throw all year! Gray and Mack are the only scorers and Gray couldn't buy a bucket. And there are no 3-point shooters on this team. OU had a lot more options to turn to when they needed a bucket and stayed in the game with 3's. Add all that up and it's an OU win but it felt like OSU should have blown them out.

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
The Big 12 was once considered a women’s basketball powerhouse until maybe 10 years ago or so.

Former Big 12 powers like Texas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Oklahoma and Kansas State have all fallen way off.

That’s one of the reasons why, as a longtime Cowgirl hoops fan, it’s frustrating and puzzling that OSU hasn’t climbed or made up any ground really in all these seasons.

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
That was a bad loss. Up double digits with 3 minutes left. Refusing to use a timeout, when you have 3, when the Sooners were getting momentum. And Oklahoma is pretty dang awful at WBB this year. Absolute collapse.

Incredibly bad coaching decisions all around. The radio guys always say Littell is good with end of quarter/shotclock/game plays. But the Cowgirls always seem to end up with an awful, forced, and contested shot at the end of most quarters. And that is the case when Gray had to force a shot up as the shot clock was expiring. That gave Oklahoma the chance to run a perfect inbounds play and score to win the game... BUT they shouldn't have even been in the game for that to happen.