Cowboys Wrestling 2017-2018

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Jeffries is good. Outside of getting turned at the end Boo had a great weekend.
Watched this match again when I got home and Lewallen dominated from the opening whistle. Jeffries kept trying the upper body throws and Boo is just too strong and fought through it every time. Impressive match. I was figuring a two point match with either wrestler winning.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Any insight on Rosselli's future at OU? It sure seemed like the wrestling world was certain he was a big time hire, but I'm not sure they haven't regressed (if that's even possible). Does he just need more time, or is there a fit issue?
I think he will right the ship in due time. He signed seven top 100 wrestlers there. Just his second year and he was left with an empty cupboard and is just going through the motions with what he has to work with. It will take him a couple of more years to be a true power in the Big XII again. They just simply aren't very good right now. As much as I love the goons getting smashed at every opportunity , I wish they were better because it would help the entire conference if they were. Before the dual today I predicted 29 to 6 and was almost dead on.

Seth25809er

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Jan 8, 2012
Any insight on Rosselli's future at OU? It sure seemed like the wrestling world was certain he was a big time hire, but I'm not sure they haven't regressed (if that's even possible). Does he just need more time, or is there a fit issue?
I think he'll be fine, but do think some of their key guys have regressed. 149 seems that way, 165, and maybe 197 too, but he's getting some out of his younger guys. 125 has been a bright spot for them, maybe the only one.

Could be that the older kids that have went through the coaching changes have sorta checked out after losing their coach. At this point all they're really wrestling for is to maybe win a few duals and qualify for the tournament. Kinda hard to motivate guys in that spot, but the younger kids may be ready to build something.

They'll be better next year. They only graduate one guy of any real value and have some good redshirts and a few other solid kids coming in.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
Anybody have any updates on today's action? Any upsets of note or everyone pretty much wrestle to their seed so far?
Cowboys in command through the semi's. Weigel was upset in the semi's. Pic, Brock, Heil, Boo, Rogers, and White advance to the finals

All wrestlers are still alive. Moran, Smith, Moore, and Weigel all in the cons.