Cowboys vs Sooners MBB

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Lunardi seriously said that after we beat OU? He's nuts lol. No way ou gets in now. If they do we should get 1 seed higher than them. Just watch both teams play. Lol my gosh.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This is absolutely incorrect. For ou to make the tournament and us get left out after tonight....not happening.
As much as I’d like you to be right, you’re not according to all the experts. Lunardi among others projected ou in and Osu out regardless of outcome tonight. I’ll take his opinion over yours seeing that he’s 93% accurate projecting the field over past 7 years
When he's released his final bracket (Saturday night) he'll be close to accurate. That doesn't mean he is right now. His bracket evolved day by day like the others. After all the tournaments are over he'll be able to make his final predictions. Then I'll at least see what he has.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
When he's released his final bracket (Saturday night) he'll be close to accurate. That doesn't mean he is right now. His bracket evolved day by day like the others. After all the tournaments are over he'll be able to make his final predictions. Then I'll at least see what he has.

Any moron can do that

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Somebody needs to ask Bill Walton why his Conference of Champions will only get 2 or 3 teams in the dance. While our truckstop conference will get 8 or 9.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
The infamous John Higgins was on the court tonight.

First have favored OU with bad calls. Second half favored OSU. I would prefer to get that in the second anyway. We got a lot of free throws down the stretch because of it which really helped us with smith on the bench.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Is anyone in the country playing any better than the Cowboys right now? In the last five games the Cowboys have gone 4-1 with the one loss by 1 point on the road. OSU has outscored their opponents by an average of 8.4 points per game over the stretch and included two top 10 teams in TTU and Kansas. Beat KU today and that will give OSU three top 10 wins in their last 6 games!!!!

Right now based on recent play Sagarin has OSU ranked #1 in the Big 12 and 5th nationally!

This team deserves an at-large invitation to the NCAA, if they don't earn an automatic bid!

Cro

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
OU lost 8 of their last 10 games and finished 8-11 against Big 12 competition. They don't deserve an NCAA tournament bid. I don't see the selection committee passing on Trae Young though.
they won't pass on TY, imo............ also, it is a criteria of the selection committee that they DO NOT look at the last 10 games a team has played as a factor......... everyone is saying that ou is in b/c of their strength of schedule........... just relaying what I heard on the radio this morning.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
A friend of mine just texted me that Lunardi is saying OSU isn't in because of their "bad losses", but last night Lunardi said that ou is still in because they haven't lost to anybody not in the tourney. I think he may have our records confused.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Any moron can do that
That's the point. That's how he so "accurate"

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The infamous John Higgins was on the court tonight.

First have favored OU with bad calls. Second half favored OSU. I would prefer to get that in the second anyway. We got a lot of free throws down the stretch because of it which really helped us with smith on the bench.
And this way, Higgins shouldn't be on the court today. I pray.

Bungus

Wrangler
Apr 26, 2007
Dallas, TX
How does the committee justify putting OU in over us when they are currently 9th in the standings and OSU is 6th according to ESPN today....

View attachment 59398
I agree that OSU belongs in the tournament over ou, but stating that OSU is 6th and ou is 9th is disingenuous. OSU, baylor, ut, and ou all finished 6th, as tournament wins are not reflect in the standings. After their wins last night, OSU and ut currently have the highest overall winning percentage, which is why they are listed higher (and "o" comes before "t" in the alphabet). Using this logic, ou was an outright 6th before they got their 13th loss in the Big 12 Tournament.

With all that said, I do believe ou is currently the 10th best team in the conference, although that's not reflected in the standings. I really believe Iowa State, as depleted as they are, would still beat ou on a neutral court.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
A friend of mine just texted me that Lunardi is saying OSU isn't in because of their "bad losses", but last night Lunardi said that ou is still in because they haven't lost to anybody not in the tourney. I think he may have our records confused.
I'm coming to the conclusion that lunardi is just a blowhard that likes to hear himself talk and think he's somebody special.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
How does the committee justify putting OU in over us when they are currently 9th in the standings and OSU is 6th according to ESPN today....

View attachment 59398
Those aren't rankings, it's simply a 4 way tie for 6th.

By Big 12 tie breaking rules and tournament seeding....

6. Baylor
7. Texas
8. Oklahoma State
9. Oklahoma

There's only one thing getting OU in the NCAA Tournament and OSU out, RPI index. Which is based solely on winning percentages of the team and the teams they've played. It's a poor statisticians statistic.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Congrats on last night's win. Here's what I have to share with you all today...

OSU basketball: Mike Boynton on NCAA Tournament debate: ‘Part of this deal now is people confirming what they said back in October’

Mike Boynton said:
“So now that’s what happens is now they’re like, man, they have 19 wins and they won eight games in the Big 12, something must be up. Oh, they didn’t lose as many games as they could have. I’ve never heard that one before. Lunardi said that one the other day. Something about they didn’t put themselves in position to lose many more games. Who does that? What were we supposed to do, try to play in the Big Ten tournament last week? What is that? I’ve never heard that about anybody. Everybody plays 4-5-6 games that are 150-below, I don’t know what the number is. And it’s so arbitrary. And so that’s the only part is I feel like at some point, people should try to appreciate that, you know what, for all that this team’s been through, to a man, on this roster, those kids found a way to be pretty competitive in the hardest league in the country and are in position to be considered for the tournament. That’s pretty cool.”
OSU basketball: Cowboys dominate backboards in 71-60 victory over Oklahoma in Big 12 Tournament

Also, here's what Solomon had to say about big second-half stop:

Mitchell Solomon said:
“They had a fast break,” Solomon said. “So I knew I had to put a stop to it. I know Trae likes to throw lobs, so baited, jabbed, played fundamental 2-on-1 defense and was able to get a hand on it and found Kendall down court.”