Cowboys vs Sooners MBB

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Coach Mike B is a winner...love this young man and this team..Hoping we can keep the entire staff together for several years...We are playing better than most teams right now and I think we win tomorrow as well...if we aren't dead tired. Go Pokes!!

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
IMO big12 will get 8 teams in at most. we’re battling UT for the last big12 spot in the tourney. ou right now is in. UT is on the bubble, if they lose to Iowa st we take their ‘last 4’ in spot regardless if we beat KU tomorrow. We beat KU we’re in, UT is out unless they make a deep run. If Osu and Texas make deep runs, ou is out.
OU should be out...they have absolutely STUNK down the stretch of the season and minus a few bad calls down the stretch we sweep UT as well. Bottom line we should already be in. Never the less Go ISU!

Feb 6, 2007
Portland, OR
As much as I’d like you to be right, you’re not according to all the experts. Lunardi among others projected ou in and Osu out regardless of outcome tonight. I’ll take his opinion over yours seeing that he’s 93% accurate projecting the field over past 7 years
Didn't see the bit about predictions based on today's game, but his accuracy is based on predicting at-large bids after all the games have been played. Everybody is pretty good under that scenario, as going 90+% is easy. He does, generally, know his stuff, but other bracket projections have a better track record.

Lunardi has osu first team out. But ou a solid 9 and Arizona State still in after losing today. Dude is a clown. Tom Crean lost his mind about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All of those were before this afternoon's games, so they don't include ASU's loss to Ralphie or the Bedlam beatdown.

Based on available evidence, I'd say we're in as of right now but could drop out with a loss to KU and other unfavorable results elsewhere.

Oct 30, 2007
OU lost 8 of their last 10 games and finished 8-11 against Big 12 competition. They don't deserve an NCAA tournament bid. I don't see the selection committee passing on Trae Young though.

OSTATE

Greenhorn
Feb 12, 2007
Oh what a beautiful evening. I was sitting in a place that serves refreshments and there were five or six OSU fans in the place and the rest goon fans. They had agreed in advance they'd all wear red tonight. The funny part of it not a damn one of them have ever attended OU and most of them migrated here. I had to take one parting shot and asked, "What is the OU Roundrock game tomorrow? I understand Roundrock is -4." It will be one of the biggest errors in judgment ever if OU gets in and we don't. Better record and beat them 2 of three.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2009
Weatherford, OK
Going into the game I thought the winner would get in and the loser be left out, still think it should work out that way. I think OSU gets in even without beating KU. Go Pokes! What a great job HC Boynton is doing! This has become a solid and fun team to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Lunardi tonight after the game said that all of uo's losses came against teams in the tourney. But at that moment he still had us first team out. So either he has to put us in, or his uo argument starts to fall apart.

He also said if we did not make it then we should be asking how many times do we have to beat KU to get in?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Lunardi tonight after the game said that all of uo's losses came against teams in the tourney. But at that moment he still had us first team out. So either he has to put us in, or his uo argument starts to fall apart.

He also said if we did not make it then we should be asking how many times do we have to beat KU to get in?
Shows he doesn't know what he's talking about, ou has a loss to ISU.

Nov 18, 2011
Not only has ou stunk down the stretch, they haven’t even won outside of Norman since before New Years. Crazy for them to be considered a lock.