Cowboys vs Razorbacks 2024

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Why would that piss anyone off? If anyone thinks that Central Oklahoma is better than NW Arkansas, they are just an idiot. I guess if mostly flat with muddy lakes and rivers is your thing than you than you'll think Stillwater is better.
I've definitely had run ins with those who think Stillwater is just that amazing. Loved my time at OSU, but if I had to pick somewhere to live or visit as a non college kid, it's unquestionably Fayetteville and that seems to offend some people. I was even told once I wasn't a "real" Oklahoman by another OSU alum because of it, despite having lived my first 22 years of life in Oklahoma.

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
I recall OSU played UArk numerous times in the 70s when I was at OSU. It was certainly a different time when the Tulsa World concocted the "Big 4" - UO, OSU, TU, UArk - for regular coverage because those teams mixed up playing one another through the years.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
I don't know about college football, but 2 years after the OSU/ARK game in Fayetteville a sophisticated variant of Skynet will time travel to 2029, infiltrate the Resistance as a recruit, and attack John Connor after its present counterpart sent its T-800 to 1984. Skynet will transform Connor into a nanocyte prototypical terminator called T-3000.

Also, in 2032 career criminal Simon Phoenix will be thawed out from his cryogenically frozen state for his parole hearing. As a result he will escape and kill many police officers in the new metropolis San Angeles. In order to apprehend Phoenix, cryogenically frozen police officer John Spartan will thawed out and reinstated.
Taco Bell will be the premier and only restaurant, it will be a totalitarian government, foul language will result in immediate fines, and you will use three seashells to wipe your butt instead of toilet paper.

I think we have more important things to worry about than football.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2011
Arkansas will visit in 2023 and realize, upon entering Boone Pickens Stadium, that their 2018 renovation was a joke. They will scurry around and have yet another renovation by 2027 but still come up far short of BPS's quality. Seriously, worst stadium I've ever been in. You can't walk down the concourse because it's about as wide as the hallway in your house and there are no lines at the concession stands, rather masses of filthy unkempt Hog faithful. It's an ugly stadium in the middle of an ugly campus.

More on the Hog faithful, you'll never be in a less racous game environment than what you'll experience in Fayetteville. I went last season (granted; they were/are a terrible football team) and I couldn't find a fan that really seemed to care at all about what was happening on the field. They do, absolutely adore to talk about how great their "progrum" is though. It's better than OSU's, they'll be quick to tell you. Then why are they so bad every season, you will ask. Because SEC, they will confidently and proudly assert (their losses to Toledo, North Texas, Colorado State, Rutgers, and Louisiana Monroe evade their memory).

All of that said, NWA is a beautiful place and a great place to be if you have a second to get out of the cities while you're here. Hit up Dickson Street (think the Strip x5) for some fun afterward, bring your mountain bike because it's world class here, or your road bike and ride the Greenway with your family through Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, and Bentonville. Take your wife to Crystal Bridges and your kids to the Amazeum. It will be a great trip!

As for the Yuengling, it's smooth and easy to drink, but its on par with Bud Light for me. I don't know...I just wasn't that impressed.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
https://twitter.com/CowboyFB/status/1050489732566839296

This is such a long way away! Predictions on what will be different about our program and college football by then...GO!
In 2027 Boone will be 99
Gundy "I'm a man, I'm 60"
Holder will be nearly 80

Point being there are likely to be changes in our leadership by then and the game of football as well. We may not have a kickoff at all anymore at the rate they are changing rules on special teams...Qb's may have a flag in their back pocket and wear green jerseys and blocking or tackling anyone unsuspected could be a season ending offence.

Like that we are finally playing Arkansas, wish it would have occurred about a decade ago so we could have increased our win totals against them when we were clearly the better program. In the future, who knows?

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
I've definitely had run ins with those who think Stillwater is just that amazing. Loved my time at OSU, but if I had to pick somewhere to live or visit as a non college kid, it's unquestionably Fayetteville and that seems to offend some people. I was even told once I wasn't a "real" Oklahoman by another OSU alum because of it, despite having lived my first 22 years of life in Oklahoma.
Ehh I was not super impressed by the UA campus. I just kept thinking how much of a pain it would be to walk up and down the hill all day every day. I was also a little shocked by the lack of greenery on the campus. Maybe I just missed it but everything seemed to just be paved over didn't really have anything like library lawn. But your premise, yeah NW Arkansas is much prettier than N Central Oklahoma. Hills and trees make it easier to hide the meth houses compared to OK lol.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Ehh I was not super impressed by the UA campus. I just kept thinking how much of a pain it would be to walk up and down the hill all day every day. I was also a little shocked by the lack of greenery on the campus. Maybe I just missed it but everything seemed to just be paved over didn't really have anything like library lawn. But your premise, yeah NW Arkansas is much prettier than N Central Oklahoma. Hills and trees make it easier to hide the meth houses compared to OK lol.
Overall, I would agree, except the hills aren't really a pain. I like OSU's campus better. Arkansas's has some nice green spaces (campus arboretum that has every tree native to Arkansas) and the view from the greek theatre is amazing in the fall. That said, the campus architecture is super inconsistent and just not very appealing in places, particularly the commons area between the library and union, which is set up to be a focal point on campus (I'm guessing that's the paved over area you were mentioning). Beyond the visual stuff, you get better food, better and more variety in your bars, and more to do in Fayetteville/NWA compared to Stillwater/North Central OK. For game day atmospheres, I might still pick OSU though, if for no other reason than fan friendliness and your ability to just join random tailgates.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
I've been to the U of AR campus several times, still prefer OSU. Yeah the Ozarks are a little more scenic than central Oklahoma, but it's still nothing compared to the western US. Waterfowl hunting is also a big priority in my life, not much of that going on around Fayetteville.
Some may think I'm crazy but I still prefer Oklahoma over the western US. I would love to go on several vacations per year out west, but would not want to live there. The aesthetic value of an area is only one of many variables/considerations when living somewhere, IMO.

May 25, 2015
Arkansas
Arkansas will visit in 2023 and realize, upon entering Boone Pickens Stadium, that their 2018 renovation was a joke. They will scurry around and have yet another renovation by 2027 but still come up far short of BPS's quality. Seriously, worst stadium I've ever been in. You can't walk down the concourse because it's about as wide as the hallway in your house and there are no lines at the concession stands, rather masses of filthy unkempt Hog faithful. It's an ugly stadium in the middle of an ugly campus.

More on the Hog faithful, you'll never be in a less racous game environment than what you'll experience in Fayetteville. I went last season (granted; they were/are a terrible football team) and I couldn't find a fan that really seemed to care at all about what was happening on the field.
I'm not a huge fan of our stadium's east/west facade, think that needs to be upgraded next because it looks dated. Regarding the north endzone renovation, probably the biggest upgrade was actually on the inside. The new locker room for our players and the suites/boxes are really nice, but it doesn't do much for the common fan outside of adding another jumbotron and the standing-room-only area hanging over the endzone. Guess that's the result of catering to all the Walmart vendors who stay in the suites. I really like that they made it where you can walk 360-degrees around the concourse now though. It was a pain in the ass to get from one side to the other before.

I'll even admit the atmosphere under Bielema was not near as good as it was when Petrino was here outside of a few games. There were people giving tickets away by tying them to lightpoles against Coastal Carolina last year. When we have been good it can get very loud though. Greg McElroy said it was the loudest stadium he ever played in. Set a top 10 decibel level that ESPN has ever recorded for a college football game.

OrangeSpidey

Einstein
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2004
Edmond, OK
Why would that piss anyone off? If anyone thinks that Central Oklahoma is better than NW Arkansas, they are just an idiot. I guess if mostly flat with muddy lakes and rivers is your thing than you than you'll think Stillwater is better.
Not to mention, Yeungling is now available in Arkansas.
Interesting. I thought they didn’t distribute west of the Mississippi River. Do they have it in Fayetteville? Or better yet, Siloam Springs? Fort Smith?

Nov 6, 2010
Interesting. I thought they didn’t distribute west of the Mississippi River. Do they have it in Fayetteville? Or better yet, Siloam Springs? Fort Smith?
I picked some up in Fayetteville, and it is a very recent development. I drove through in August and they had billboards up all over town about it being just now available. YOu are right though, they had always limited their distribution because I believe they were at capacity for their old facility. But clearly they've decided to expand recently.