Cowboys vs Razorbacks 2024

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 28, 2008
They brought a good team to Lewis in ...... 1980? That guy Hampton at DT went on to be pretty good at the CHI Bears.

We played their pants off but lost.

This should've been home-and-home for a long time.

finally. Now if I can just live long enough to see it. ;-)

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Love it and hate it, as an alum of both schools. Their stadium is quite nice and has some great views of the Boston mountains. Hopefully, they will be decent games and Arkansas will hopefully be a better program. Fayetteville is also a great college town to visit (I'm sure I'll piss off some people, but I think it's a much better town/area than Stillwater).

That said, my experiences with Arkansas football fans have been terrible. I couldn't tell you how many times fans of non con opponents had SEC! SEC! SEC! chanted at them when I went out to a game or tailgate event. Maybe it's just because I was there during the Petrino era.

I'll also throw this out there. Any guesses on whether gundy is our coach for both or either of the games? My honest guess is that he retires before the 2027 date.

Nov 8, 2013
Texas will be Independent
Alabama will win the AFC South Div
and OU will still s*ck
1) Quarterback sacks will be flag pulls only and rules changes to make the entire sport flag football will be under consideration.
2) Full tackle football in video/simulation game mode such as "Madden 27" will be a major spectator sport that replaces actual tackle football. Games will be broadcast in existing upgraded stadiums with 70-80 yard wide screens. BPS will be behind the times... the screen on the side of GIA will be considered small and outdated but functional. "Digital Barry Sanders" will still be and will always remain the GOAT.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
The new renovation is pretty nice. Would love to see a game in Stillwater too. It's the same distance from Fayetteville to Stillwater as it is for us to play in Little Rock so it's crazy we don't play more often than we do.
Keep in mind that Gundy is on record saying he doesn't like playing games against "big conference" schools, because it's hard on the team. We should be playing teams like this in the first or second game of the season *every season*.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
The new renovation is pretty nice. Would love to see a game in Stillwater too. It's the same distance from Fayetteville to Stillwater as it is for us to play in Little Rock so it's crazy we don't play more often than we do.

View attachment 65284
View attachment 65286
View attachment 65285
I think just about all of that was done before I left and I agree. It's nice. The people who did the largest of the renovation also did OSU's stadium. You will notice similarities. Also, those pics don't capture the great views from the upper levels, especially looking south (away from the Tyson building). The views are not the same in Stillwater (flat and mostly treeless).

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Love it and hate it, as an alum of both schools. Their stadium is quite nice and has some great views of the Boston mountains. Hopefully, they will be decent games and Arkansas will hopefully be a better program. Fayetteville is also a great college town to visit (I'm sure I'll piss off some people, but I think it's a much better town/area than Stillwater).

That said, my experiences with Arkansas football fans have been terrible. I couldn't tell you how many times fans of non con opponents had SEC! SEC! SEC! chanted at them when I went out to a game or tailgate event. Maybe it's just because I was there during the Petrino era.

I'll also throw this out there. Any guesses on whether gundy is our coach for both or either of the games? My honest guess is that he retires before the 2027 date.
Why would that piss anyone off? If anyone thinks that Central Oklahoma is better than NW Arkansas, they are just an idiot. I guess if mostly flat with muddy lakes and rivers is your thing than you than you'll think Stillwater is better.