Cowboys vs Jayhawks MBB

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
If ou is in and we aren't it's a crock of BS. We should be in, despite the preformance we are putting on right now. We are likely 2-1 vs KU and today we played on 18 hours rest in front of nearly 18K KU fans...it is what it is but we are honestly the better team on equal rest vs KU. IF we are left out..it's a mess.
I think OU at best will be heading to Dayton. John Holcomb commented on the Toby Rowland show that it's rare, but there could be 2 teams from the Big XII in the first 4.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I mean, it was a pipe dream to win today. I get that. I just hope there not a bunch of smug nonsense from Kansas fans.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
They have no leg to stand on...they lost to us twice and it's was not as close as today despite them having about 17.5K fans in attendance. OSU had 18 hours rest and KU had several days rest...we didn't hit a three in the second half...0 for 9! that's clearly fatigue. The better team of the two, in this match up anyway, lost today...seriously.

Last edited:

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
No matter what I love this team and hope for a chance in the tournament. The heart they have played with the past few weeks deserves a shot.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I mean, it was a pipe dream to win today. I get that. I just hope there not a bunch of smug nonsense from Kansas fans.

Lol they have no room to talk after 2 losses to us in the regular season. This from an Oklahoma state team predicted to finish dead last in conference

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Less than a week ago, KU suffered their worse loss of the season to the only team that swept them this year. Yeah I think they were motivated not to be threepeated.
When the Pokes were up 10 in the first half we laid off the gas and let them back in...we played well in the 1st half, and IMHO, are the better team...they only beat us because of our lack of fresh legs. Didn't make a 3 in the second half...that's fatigue. I know you aren't arguing that, but I just felt that we would have likely beat them again on equal rest.

Dec 24, 2008
Saint Meinrad, IN / Edmond, OK
Less than a week ago, KU suffered their worse loss of the season to the only team that swept them this year. Yeah I think they were motivated not to be threepeated.
When the Pokes were up 10 in the first half we laid off the gas and let them back in...we played well in the 1st half, and IMHO, are the better team...they only beat us because of our lack of fresh legs. Didn't make a 3 in the second half...that's fatigue. I know you aren't arguing that, but I just felt that we would have likely beat them again on equal rest.
Oh, I totally agree. We only let of the gas because we were out of gas!

Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Not a bit disappointed in our guys. I knew it would be a steep task to beat KU a third time on around 18 hrs of rest. BTW in my opinion it's stupid to have a team that played the opening round turn around and play the early session the next day..but whatever.

I think we deserve to be in the tournament...with or without my Orange colored glasses. IDK if we will get a bid or not, but that team sure as hell deserves it.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Jayhawks simply shot the ball better than we did - particularly in the second half. We just looked tired.

Team Stats (OSU/KU)
Turnovers: 13 / 13
Rebounds: 33 / 36
FG %: 40.9 / 56.1
3 PT %: 22.7 / 40

They made some huge 3-pt shots that we couldn't answer. Personally, I think we kinda panicked when they got up 8-10 on us. We should have stayed with the inside game with Sima / Solomon and chipped away. Also, Smith came out for a really long stretch for some reason in the first half when it didn't make sense. I wonder if he was just exhausted from the previous night....?

Aug 14, 2005
Not a bit disappointed in our guys. I knew it would be a steep task to beat KU a third time on around 18 hrs of rest. BTW in my opinion it's stupid to have a team that played the opening round turn around and play the early session the next day..but whatever.

I think we deserve to be in the tournament...with or without my Orange colored glasses. IDK if we will get a bid or not, but that team sure as hell deserves it.
I will be so disappointed if we don't get in the NCAAs. This team and these coaches and managers -- they all richly deserve that opportunity.

Mar 8, 2010
I really thought we had a legitimate shot of beating them a third time with their big man out for the game, but basketball is a funny sport and KU really wanted this game bad because of the regular season sweep. Very proud of our guys and hope they beat all the odds in get the tourney.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Here goes...

OSU basketball: Oklahoma State set up for three days of waiting, hoping, praying it will play in the Big Dance

“My next three days are going to be great,” said Boynton, who won’t learn his team’s postseason fate until the bracket is revealed Sunday. “I don’t know what I’m going to do right now, but I’ll probably get a chance to spend some time with my wife and kids and start thinking about how we prepare for next week. And I’ll sleep well this week knowing that if anybody watched our team play, it’s hard to deny we’re a pretty damn good team and worthy of being in the tournament and can have success against anybody.”
OSU basketball: 8 ice-cold minutes put Oklahoma State’s postseason fate in jeopardy

With 14:58 remaining, Tavarius Shine nailed a jump shot that put the Cowboys within two points.
But as the Jayhawks locked down in the inside, the dynamics of a tight game changed in drastic fashion.
Kendall Smith missed a 3-pointer. Carroll and Shine both committed turnovers. Coach Mike Boynton shed his suit jacket for the second game in a row. He raised his arms and called timeout and told his team to stay aggressive.
But after OSU missed a couple of shots, everything got out of whack. After the 14:58 mark, OSU missed seven straight attempts, six from 3-point range, and committed three turnovers.
Bill Haisten: ESPN’s Joe Lunardi ‘could certainly see’ OSU making NCAA field

“There’s a pretty consistent history, if you’re right at the edge of the bubble, that (the nonconference schedule) really comes into play. We’ve seen it every year,” Lunardi said. “I just wouldn’t want to be in that situation but I could certainly see (OSU making the NCAA field) ... (because) of momentum and quality wins.”
Lunardi’s Thursday Bracketology projection had OU has one of the last four in the tournament and OSU as one of the first four to be left off of the bracket.
SportsCenter host Scott Van Pelt tweeted in support of the Cowboys: “Oklahoma State non conference blahblahblah. Look at their league wins. Who would you rather play: them or (the Sooners)? OSU looks the part to me.”

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
View attachment 59425
Your theory is weak and doesn't hold water, but don't let facts get in the way.
Ah the known resident KU fan has joined us. My theory isn’t theory because I have literally seen officials take over games at critical points of the game to favor KU. It’s sickening and it’s not just osu that gets screwed on calls against them. They have many teams like Iowa State who were screwed many times.