Cowboys in the 2018 MLB Draft

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
Besides all of that, where does he play and can he hit with a wood bat?

Don't think he has the arm to play the outfield (only grades 40), and at 5'11, he's probably limited to middle infield, most likely 2b (given the arm and stature). Problem is, he hasn't played either of those positions in college.

And obviously the wood bat is a question mark with all of these guys, but his Cape Cod numbers last summer weren't great.

I'm sure the A's think he'll flourish once he gives up football, but they must think his ceiling is really high to take that risk.
He ain't 5'11!

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Day 2 is finished and rounds 1-10 are in the books. No Pokes or signees have been drafted.

It's never 100%, but at this point you can feel pretty good about the signees ending up at OSU. Some of the juniors might still go high enough to sign, but it becomes less and less likely the farther you get past round 10.
What's your read on Kroon at this point? If he falls past the 15th round or so I wonder if he would come back.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
What's your read on Kroon at this point? If he falls past the 15th round or so I wonder if he would come back.
Matt_Bob would probably have a better read as far as where Kroon himself might be leaning, but I would have thought we'd have seen him go by now.

I'm hopeful it's an indication that there could be a signability issue and that he's leaning toward coming back. I think your round 15 number is probably a good mark to watch for in general.

That's purely a guess, however.

On another note, hope I didn't step on your toes by providing updates.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Matt_Bob would probably have a better read as far as where Kroon himself might be leaning, but I would have thought we'd have seen him go by now.

I'm hopeful it's an indication that there could be a signability issue and that he's leaning toward coming back. I think your round 15 number is probably a good mark to watch for in general.

That's purely a guess, however.

On another note, hope I didn't step on your toes by providing updates.
Haha not at all, thanks for the updates and input! Always appreciated!

Obviously I want to see our guys get drafted, especially the seniors, but I would love selfishly love to have a couple of those juniors back. I never even considered that Kroon would be back, and thought we would be fortunate to keep either Teel or Simpson.

@Matt_bob123 do you have any thoughts on Kroon and the others and what might happen?

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Seeing Kroon's dad at the regional this weekend it was clear they were enjoying the moment. I know nothing about their personal life, but it does make me wonder if they had fun with the ride and would be willing to try again for a shot at Omaha of he slips a few more rounds.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Haha not at all, thanks for the updates and input! Always appreciated!

Obviously I want to see our guys get drafted, especially the seniors, but I would love selfishly love to have a couple of those juniors back. I never even considered that Kroon would be back, and thought we would be fortunate to keep either Teel or Simpson.

@Matt_bob123 do you have any thoughts on Kroon and the others and what might happen?
Well said, and I should amend my statement above. Selfishly, I hope they come back because I think next year could be an Omaha type season with a few breaks along the way, but I'll root for them whatever they decide.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Can someone reply with our signees
*Hueston Morrill - SS/RHP from Florida (ranked #160 by Perfect Game)
*John Kelly - RHP from New Jersey (ranked #256 by Perfect Game; #1 RHP in NJ)
*Josh Spiegel - C from Pennsylvania (ranked #298 by Perfect Game; #1 C in PA)
*Tyler Polk - RHP from Duncan HS (ranked #381 by Perfect Game; #1 player in Oklahoma; Oklahoma Gatorade POY)
*Adam Becker - 3B from Texas (ranked top 500 by Perfect Game)
*Kaden Krowka - LHP from Texas (ranked top 500 by Perfect Game)
*Nathaniel Peterson - LHP from Minnesota (ranked top 500 by Perfect Game)
*Ryan Gendron - SS/RHP from Tulsa Bishop Kelly

*Jake Northern - INF from Connors State
*Logan Gragg - RHP from Connors State
*Cross Factor - INF from Cowley County
*Dayton Provost - INF from Ventura County
*Alix Garcia - 1B from Central Arizona
*Brayden Belden - LHP from Seminole State
*Jake Lyons from Weatherford College

Dec 21, 2008
Not too many highly ranked guys there? Hopefully we get healthy and create a lil momentum going into the new stadium! Omaha is just not the same without orange

cowboyfanatic

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2010
oklahoma city, OK
Does baseball only get 11 scholarships? And we have 15 new recruits plus the fuys already on the team? I feel baseball should get at least 18-22 scholarships a year to share for a team