Cowboys at the NFL Combine

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 21, 2006
It’s frustrating to me as a fan that Washington doesn’t get more looks. It’s kind of comical really. I do know after watching him for four years that he will, just as he played, quietly be a huge get for whoever does sign him

Jul 2, 2013
Tre Flowers ran a 4.45. That should help him a lot. Tested really well so far. I wonder how high his combine has pushed him 3rd round maybe?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Whoa - that bit with Mariucci was nuts. Great job by Mason.

His problem has always been accuracy / consistency throwing the ball short to intermediate. Could be due to footwork or his oft-injured throwing hand. He could be a really good NFL QB if he can get those things corrected.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Tre Flowers probably made himself some more $ this past week. He interviewed well, gained some weight, measured well in length, showed some strength and speed. It wouldn’t surprise me if he has the best career of these draftees. Kid is really raw.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Start of the season, he was whipping the ball around. Post hand injury, the ball tend to float on him. Don't know when/if he'll get back to 100% - but if it's a work in progress, somebody could get a hell of a deal.
Totally agree. I noticed that as well. Game 1 and 2 he was firing the ball on short routes with a lot of drive, and he was really stepping into the deep throws so they didn't just hang up in the air. They were driving the receiver downfield. Not sure what happened after those two games.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
I hesitate to start more new threads since I'm still new here... so...

OSU football: Examining the most important players on the OSU roster as spring camp approaches

Dillon Stoner -- Wide receiver
As the 2017 season wore on, Stoner became one of the receivers quarterback Mason Rudolph looked to almost as much as James Washington or Marcell Ateman, especially in third-down situations, playing from the slot position or lined up outside the numbers.
The former Jenks High School standout was fourth among Cowboys wide receivers in catches, 44 and yards with 576 in 12 games.
With Washington, Ateman and Lacy off to the NFL, Stoner will be one of several receivers -- along with Jalen McCleskey, Tyron Johnson and Tylan Wallace -- who will be elevated in the hierarchy of pass catchers next season as the target of whoever the next starting quarterback will be.
What Stoner provides is a receiver who might not make up the production lost from last season, but one who is reliable and versatile enough to be one of the main targets in still a strong corps.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
"the most important players" and the lead is a kicker?
Replacing OSU's all-time leading scorer is no small task. Also, as noted, the kicking game led Coach Gundy to suggest changed to the offensive mindset last season...

Ammendola was inconsistent at times early on, being successful on long field goals but not as accurate on short to intermediate tries, going 2 of 4 on kicks between 30 and 49 yards.
That prompted OSU head coach Mike Gundy to suggest maybe the special teams unit should take 15-yard penalties in an effort to make the attempts easier.
Of course, that might have just been Coach Gundy talking off the cuff. :)