Cowboys (7-2) WIN 82-77 OT against #13 Texas Tech. Next up #9 WVU in GIA MONDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
I thought it was interesting Boynton said the plan coming off the break was make Cade a secondary attacker. Not sure I like that long term, I still feel like we need to run the offense through him when he is out there. Good move to start Williams

Williams > Flavors and it isn't close.

Sep 23, 2010
I was shocked by Beard's lack of creativity on that last play. It was an easy switch and we closed down all the passing lanes, particularly not wanting to give up any 3's. Bryce Williams two huge steals in OT.

Dec 17, 2011
I was shocked by Beard's lack of creativity on that last play. It was an easy switch and we closed down all the passing lanes, particularly not wanting to give up any 3's. Bryce Williams two huge steals in OT.
He relies too much right now on McClung, after his TO he would always talk directly to McClung and once he was out he didnt know who to go to. We are lucky to have Ice/Cade leading this team.

Jun 25, 2011
We had more assists than we did turnovers today.

I think that's because we put Ice at the point
I like putting the ball in Ice or Avery’s hands and letting Cade play off the ball. I think that gets those two more involved in the offense and makes it more difficult for other teams to match up with us defensively. It will also make us more formidable as the year progresses because we will have three people who could run point. How does a team
match up against that?

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Dissapointing, they don’t stay on the radio broadcast to talk to Coach. The radio broadcast of Cowgirl Basketball could start late.

Sep 23, 2010
I thought Boynton did a nice job today outside of two things....Playing Kalib in critical last five minutes of regulation. And I thought he could have burned a timeout between the 8 and 4 minute mark when it felt like we were playing a little crazy and the game was getting away from us. There is no way to really coach those last 4 minutes of regulation with the ridiculousness of the officiating (both ways).

Jan 13, 2005
I like putting the ball in Ice or Avery’s hands and letting Cade play off the ball. I think that gets those two more involved in the offense and makes it more difficult foe other teams to match up with us defensively. It will also make us more formidable as the year progresses because we will have three people who could run point. How does a team
match up against that?
Ice and Anderson both has 17 points today. Both played huge! Cade was our 4th leading scorer.

Jan 13, 2005
I thought Boynton did a nice job today outside of two things....Playing Kalib in critical last five minutes of regulation. And I thought he could have burned a timeout between the 8 and 4 minute mark when it felt like we were playing a little crazy and the game was getting away from us. There is no way to really coach those last 4 minutes of regulation with the ridiculousness of the officiating (both ways).
It was really bad. Just crazy call after crazy call. I don't understand how the Big 12 is the best conference in college basketball with the worst officials.

Dec 17, 2011
The one thing Boynton can learn from Beard is that he needs to make more changes throughout the game. Boynton is fantastic at making the correct calls and adjustments, but sometimes he takes too long and trusts in his players too much. I really think Beard is making Boynton better everytime they play

Nov 14, 2010
I like putting the ball in Ice or Avery’s hands and letting Cade play off the ball. I think that gets those two more involved in the offense and makes it more difficult for other teams to match up with us defensively. It will also make us more formidable as the year progresses because we will have three people who could run point. How does a team
match up against that?
Agreed

I think too that Ice is the leader of this team emotionally and running point gets his mojo going