Cowboys 4Ever Poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What is your opinion of the song and age range

• Like it -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Like it -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • Like it -- Ages 41+

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 30 6.1%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 72 14.6%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 41+

Votes: 51 10.3%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 64 13.0%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 154 31.2%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- 41+

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2006
KMAF
It's a little less than 20% but does that make you feel any better about calling out someone attacking our student fans?

Good job. You showed him. :rolleyes:
I used the wrong stadium capacity when calculating the percentage. Using 13,000 student tickets as an estimate, the percentage of students in the bleachers actually exceeds 20% and is closer to 22%. The student vs. alumni debate is as worn out as the greek vs gdi argument. Let's just let bygones be bygones.

As for students someday being "Cowboys 4ever", I'm sure I could tell you a thing or two about being a "Cowboy 4ever".

blammo

Greenhorn
Aug 25, 2009
Biscuits. You're probably right. Most Alumni have jobs, but you ain't one of them.
Nice use of punctuation. Wardawg ain't 2 smrt R ya.

We're getting off point here. The fans are being force-fed this half-a$$ed, thrown together in 3 days, song because of an inside job. "Daddy's-little-SuperStar-Gate" is what I like to call it. We (the fans) should not be treated like that and we deserve, at LEAST a platform to express our displeasure.

I've noticed a few of you (you know who you are) railing against people in here for exercising their 1st Amendment Rights. You sound like those people condemning fellow Americans who show up at town hall meetings to protest government health care, but that's another forum. You should be ashamed of yourselves for the vial and lascivious personal attacks you continue to make.

All that aside, I think 90% of the pro "Cowboys 4ever" handles in here are PUPPETS for the establishment. That being said - the resounding resolve says "STOP COWBOYS 4EVER......FOREVER!" You can turn a blind eye to the People's opinion, but when that "song" is played in BPS, remember what you've read here.

Go Pokes!

pokefan_4

The Colossus of Clout
A/V Subscriber
Jun 23, 2008
Kansas City, Missouri
Why can they not decide on a song like they did with the basketball floor design? Have 8 options, have the fans vote. How hard is that? It's a lot easier to do that than have the "SON OF THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR" who never graduated from OSU write a song about something he doesn't know about. Yeah his dad is Co-AD but that doesn't make him a fan.

"oohhhohohhohohh pistols to the sky"?????????

"Riding Bullet..... Accross the Plains".....

Give me a break

Jun 3, 2005
Tulsa, OK
www.gentryfoto.com
The song is on the dude's blog. He also states it will be the intro video. I could get used to the song, but I don't think it is hard hitting enough for the intro. http://www.johnmartinlive.com/cowboys-forever/

He is the son of Dave Martin from the OSU athletic dept. Also played WR for Baylor.

----------------------------------
EDIT: I posted the above before I saw there were 50 PAGES of threads. This info may be burried somewhere within.

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
No. He's what people in the forum world call a "troll"...
So did you register just to cry about the song or was it to bedowngrade the folks that haven't rededicated their life to complain about it?

Troll:In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Hey Blammo, that's you!

OP 9000

Administrator
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2003
Stillwater, OK
www.orangepower.com
Yeah, I'm thinking locking this thread is almost past due.

Everyone has expressed thier opinion. Nothing is going to change. If you like it, enjoy it, if you hate it, an email is more effective than posting here. It will probably open up for discussion again after the first game when everyone has heard it in person.

Unless new information arises, starting a new thread on the topic will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.