Cowboys 4Ever Poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What is your opinion of the song and age range

• Like it -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Like it -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • Like it -- Ages 41+

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 30 6.1%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 72 14.6%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 41+

Votes: 51 10.3%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 64 13.0%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 154 31.2%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- 41+

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

prettydarnorange

1994 Woodward Rodeo Mutton Busting Champion
Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
Re: Cowboys Forever

I think the song is good, but I'm not sure if it's intro material. I wouldn't mind hearing it before the game starts or during halftime or something--just doesn't really get me amped.
exactly... the song is just fine for anything else but the intro. i just can't imagine jumping up and down and making noise to beat Georgia while listening to it.

Jan 17, 2006
Tulsa
FYI, the Facebook group "Stop Cowboys 4Ever Now" went from a little over a hundred members about 36 hours ago, to over 460 members at this moment. And the wall is full of people voicing their opinion on this song. What's interesting is, these aren't the hardcore fans here on OP, it's the students who attend OSU.
We all know that facebook has a way of running everything OSU. Remember the "blackout" game organized on facebook? It worked really well in blacking out the stadium. Remember that game? Everyone wore black and supported the blackout...except the fans that wore orange, i.e., 95%.

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
We all know that facebook has a way of running everything OSU. Remember the "blackout" game organized on facebook? It worked really well in blacking out the stadium. Remember that game? Everyone wore black and supported the blackout...except the fans that wore orange, i.e., 95%.
Remember that Flash Rave last spring? Yeah, that worked out real well.

You're argument apparently is that Facebook won't make a difference, no matter how many people join. My argument is that Facebook just proves that everyone hates this song. Not just the fans on OP. Every single time this song has been brought up in the media it has been ridiculed.

It's time for this song to die.

CowpokeMike

Federal Marshal
Mar 26, 2008
Oklahoma City
What game were we supposed to "blackout"? I didn't even know about that and I am on Facebook. Which illustrates your point.

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
Also, people aren't going to unite behind something they don't support. By your example, it seems like most people don't support a blackout. Not that Facebook can't bring people together.

Aug 25, 2009
America
I am not shocked in the slightest that the vast majority of the facebook folks are students...most of us alumni have jobs and cant quite chat along on facebook throughout the day! plus..younger group of kids on there as compared to on here.

I don't blame them one bit though. Do whatever you can to prevent this song from becoming a featured item and staple of game day...and students often form their protests online. Smart idea.

I'd be willing to bet that that group has over 2000 fans by kick off time...

Jun 10, 2008
Edmond
This whole thing has been boring. Young Ignorants scream wtf, and older in-due-timers say wait and see. The students, while they're needed, haven't earned the right to screw sh** up yet...... So STFU before you step in your own crap!

Aug 25, 2009
America
This whole thing has been boring. Young Ignorants scream wtf, and older in-due-timers say wait and see. The students, while they're needed, haven't earned the right to screw sh** up yet...... So STFU before you step in your own crap!
So in your opinion, what age does your opinion start to actually count for something?

because that group of people age 25-40 really isn't a group of what I would call "young ignorants". I would dare to say that that is the age group that is most "in touch" with things.

and wardawg...I'm sorry to disappoint you, but yes, I have a job, and thanks to my 2 degrees from OSU it is quite a good one at that. Don't bash fellow O-state people, especially when you know nothing about them.

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
So in your opinion, what age does your opinion start to actually count for something?

because that group of people age 25-40 really isn't a group of what I would call "young ignorants". I would dare to say that that is the age group that is most "in touch" with things.

and wardawg...I'm sorry to disappoint you, but yes, I have a job, and thanks to my 2 degrees from OSU it is quite a good one at that. Don't bash fellow O-state people, especially when you know nothing about them.
I don't think he's an OSU grad. Just a dog fan flaming.

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
I am not shocked in the slightest that the vast majority of the facebook folks are students...most of us alumni have jobs and cant quite chat along on facebook throughout the day! plus..younger group of kids on there as compared to on here.

I don't blame them one bit though. Do whatever you can to prevent this song from becoming a featured item and staple of game day...and students often form their protests online. Smart idea.

Almost 500 right now.

Sep 5, 2006
KMAF
yeah, we don't have the right to screw sh!t up. why should the students have any say in gameday activities? we are only the team on the field and 30% of the fans in the bleachers.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa

Yeah, we chat along on OP instead. ;)

Jun 10, 2008
Edmond
How bout less than 10 per cent, and at that those are paid for by mommy and daddy. It takes time and sacrifice to be a fan. Just sayin!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2009
America
How bout less than 10 per cent, and at that those are paid for by mommy and daddy. It takes time and sacrifice to be a fan. Just sayin!!!!!!!!!!!
wow...wardawg...you have got to be kidding me.

Sure, lots of students around the country have their college paid for by their parents, many get scholorships, and many pay for it themselves. But whoever pays for your education doesn't make you more or less of a fan.

I love our students.

I used to be one...and I miss it DEARLY.

Our students are the ones who yell the loudest and are the reason why the game is being played. who do you think is on the field? STUDENT athletes...without them...you have nothing.

You really need to bug off man...your brain just doesn't seem to be hooked up right.

Status
Not open for further replies.