Cowboys 4Ever Poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What is your opinion of the song and age range

• Like it -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Like it -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • Like it -- Ages 41+

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 30 6.1%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 72 14.6%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 41+

Votes: 51 10.3%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 64 13.0%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 154 31.2%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- 41+

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Anyone remember "Who let the Sooners Out?" I'm pretty sure Sooner fans made fun of it because it was ridiculously stupid, but I also guarantee that it didn't cover 50 pages of message board forums about being embarassed. I'm pretty sure that MNC in 2000 was more important than the stupid song.

OU's athletic dept didn't put that song out, KJ 103 did. Apples to oranges.

Mar 3, 2006
Rack, 918, bleedorange, etc.....I consider myself a warrior for what is good, honest and true for my university. I battle inferiority, gheyness, nepotism, and all things that hurt my school. I think we should all strive to do the same. If you don't mind inferior quality or embarrassment, that's ok, but please don't get in the way of those of us who are striving for excellence....Now let's get this sucker to 50 pages and call it a day.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
IMO it's not a bad song at all. They did pretty well. As long as it's NOT for when the team enters the field. this should NOT be played for that but as a theme song to be part of game day it's good.

just reminds us that we are cowboys forever. Ok that is corny but true. anyway not bad, could grow on me. decent song.

Sep 4, 2006
IMO it's not a bad song at all. They did pretty well. As long as it's NOT for when the team enters the field. this should NOT be played for that but as a theme song to be part of game day it's good.

just reminds us that we are cowboys forever. Ok that is corny but true. anyway not bad, could grow on me. decent song.
I will be fine with it as long as it is not the intro vid.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
ok to use just NOT for right before the players run out. use it at some point ok sure but NOT before players run out. NO WAY.

otherwise the song is decent just not for that purpose.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
can we add another option to the poll please. We really need the option taht the song is ok as long as it's not for when the team runs out.

I want to formally request that option be added as an answer... :D

colin1497

Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!
A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
Perfect song for the credit roll on a straight to VHS western from 1986.

Jul 22, 2005
Yukon
Rack, 918, bleedorange, etc.....I consider myself a warrior for what is good, honest and true for my university. I battle inferiority, gheyness, nepotism, and all things that hurt my school.
And every night in my prayers I thank the good Lord that He has provided us with the great warriors and protectors that you are. "FREEEEEEDOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!" :rolleyes:

If you don't mind inferior quality or embarrassment, that's ok, but please don't get in the way of those of us who are striving for excellence.
Oh I mind the embarrassment. The song's not that great, pretty sappy and forced, and likely to make me wince a bit. But it pales in comparison to the embarrassment that you and yours have caused by showing your ass.

Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
I don't particularly like ragging on fellow fans but I've been around this program a while. i can count on one hand the number of home games I've missed in the past two decades I think I'm entitled to an opinion on this, harsh as it may be.

Mar 3, 2006
And every night in my prayers I thank the good Lord that He has provided us with the great warriors and protectors that you are. "FREEEEEEDOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!" :rolleyes:

Oh I mind the embarrassment. The song's not that great, pretty sappy and forced, and likely to make me wince a bit. But it pales in comparison to the embarrassment that you and yours have caused by showing your ass.

At least you got my exaggeration about the warrior business. That's the difference between you and me. I'll do something about the embarrassment, not just let it sit, then happen again when the powers that be do it again because nobody told them about it the last time. And I find absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about by the people expressing their opinions on the situation. There may have been a couple somewhere on some board that went overboard, but it's really been pretty tame, and often humerous. I am curious as to hear what you find so embarrassing about voicing an opinion....Some would say it would be embarrassing to support something you think is not great, forced and sappy at the cost of trying to degrade your fellow OSU brothers...so if I have this correct, it's not embarrassing to try to make personal attacks on your own who are voicing a legitmate opinion, that you agree with, but it is embarrassing that those people are expressing that opinion, which, again, you share....hmmmm, interesting.

Jul 25, 2005
Rack, 918, bleedorange, etc.....I consider myself a warrior for what is good, honest and true for my university. I battle inferiority, gheyness, nepotism, and all things that hurt my school. I think we should all strive to do the same. If you don't mind inferior quality or embarrassment, that's ok, but please don't get in the way of those of us who are striving for excellence....Now let's get this sucker to 50 pages and call it a day.
Right... because your opinion certainly makes you the King Leonidas of Oklahoma State University :rolleyes:

Get over yourself.

The fact that we're not developing ulcers over a simple song doesn't mean we don't care just as much about OSU as you do, nor does your distaste for it give you some sort of entitlement to tell the rest of us what idiots we are for not having aneurysms over it.

Aug 25, 2009
America
The only thing I can think of that has raised more stink among fans than this in the past 30 years of OSU has been the changing of the brand from the old style to the slanted style. And that was about a 50/50.

This is about 80/20 against and only getting worse as more and more people talk about it.

People that say "its good with the video"...please...you can put all the lipstick you want to on a pig, but only a fool will take it to prom.

Jul 22, 2005
Yukon
I am curious as to hear what you find so embarrassing about voicing an opinion....Some would say it would be embarrassing to support something you think is not great, forced and sappy at the cost of trying to degrade your fellow OSU brothers...so if I have this correct, it's not embarrassing to try to make personal attacks on your own who are voicing a legitmate opinion, that you agree with, but it is embarrassing that those people are expressing that opinion, which, again, you share....hmmmm, interesting.
Cowboy4Ever = Krazy George

He was brought in with all good intentions, wore Orange (and cut-off nutters), probably a great guy.

But you want to talk about wincing, HE made me wince. Always screaming and looking like he was about to pop a vein. REALLY forced and sappy. He inspired fake excitement from the crowd. They participated just in the hopes that he would just move on to the next section.

In spite of all that, I'd have had the same sentiments as I have had here if there were 50 pages of obnoxious insults about how stupid he was, and what a completely ass-wipe idea he was, what a loser he was, and how the world was going to end because this maniacal mad man was stalking the bleachers.

In the end, it kind of took care of itself. He came and went, we look back laughingly at his presence but realize in the grand scheme of things, his presence, good or bad, was not really a big deal.

I think it's the same case here. Like the song or not, in the end, it's really not that big a deal. I just wish people would quit acting like our entire football future depends on it- because it doesn't.

Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Ha i remember that dude! the seats i grew up sitting in are my dad's, he's right behind the guy with the orange jump suit and the orange power sign. he starts more chants than the cheer squad. he's a bad-A!

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
FYI, the Facebook group "Stop Cowboys 4Ever Now" went from a little over a hundred members about 36 hours ago, to over 460 members at this moment. And the wall is full of people voicing their opinion on this song. What's interesting is, these aren't the hardcore fans here on OP, it's the students who attend OSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.