Cowboys 4Ever Poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What is your opinion of the song and age range

• Like it -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Like it -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • Like it -- Ages 41+

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 30 6.1%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 72 14.6%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 41+

Votes: 51 10.3%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 64 13.0%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 154 31.2%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- 41+

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2006
LOL, the facebook group "Cowboys 4ever" posted a link to the poll and they are still getting drilled. I don't think most of them even realize what they joined, ie. a promotion for a song and marketing push rather than just showing a general support for all things OSU. The site conveniently leaves all that out...nice deception.

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Re: Cowboys Forever

Its an intro song ppl, lets worry about important things, like winning games.

Do some of you wake up in the morning and just feel like bitching?

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
LOL, the facebook group "Cowboys 4ever" posted a link to the poll and they are still getting drilled. I don't think most of them even realize what they joined, ie. a promotion for a song and marketing push rather than just showing a general support for all things OSU. The site conveniently leaves all that out...nice deception.
Not everyone on the Cowboy 4Ever fb page is a fan.:D

colin1497

Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!
A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
There's a lot of other threads on OP. I don't think anyone is forcing you to stay in this one...
I think Rack and 1-2 other bad music supporters have more posts on this thread than anyone else.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think Rack and 1-2 other bad music supporters have more posts on this thread than anyone else.
I don't support "bad music" I support Oklahoma State University and hate attacks on her, from inside or outside. I think this is a stupid thing that has been blown totally out of proportion. Yeah, I'd like to see the thread die so this will be my last post. Not because some of you think you are better than others of us or that your taste in music is somehow superior, but because it's STUPID to get worked up about this song either way. I refuse to do so any longer. But on game-day I sincerely hope that the video and this song is wonderful and well received and that boos are held to a minimum as that is what could ruin game-day for me (whiny fans), not any song that might be played.

I guarantee you that the people who put this together had the ABSOLUTE best intentions and the backlash over this AND last years video and song is very ugly and unbecoming of a fan of the University that I love.

There is a nice way to do things, and this reaction is NOT it.

I'm done with the argument and wash my hands of it.

Go Pokes! Beat the Dawgs!

Aug 25, 2009
America
I don't support "bad music" I support Oklahoma State University and hate attacks on her, from inside or outside.
I, along with many others, don't support bad music either. And we consider this song to be an attack from the inside on our university.

I guarantee you that the people who put this together had the ABSOLUTE best intentions...
I completely agree. I think there is no doubt about that, however, this is a complete Michael Dukakis "Tank/Helmet" publicity blunder and should not be allowed to go any further. Unlike the Dukakis failure, this can be prevented from going any further.

Jan 17, 2006
Tulsa
Anyone remember "Who let the Sooners Out?" I'm pretty sure Sooner fans made fun of it because it was ridiculously stupid, but I also guarantee that it didn't cover 50 pages of message board forums about being embarassed. I'm pretty sure that MNC in 2000 was more important than the stupid song.

Jan 31, 2007
Stillwater
So don't listen. What's the big deal? It's JUST one freakin song.
Thanks Rack for singling me out. My apologies :rolleyes: for voicing an opinion about a song that evidentially I was the only one to say I didn't care for.

Warning to everyone: If you don't like the song, don't listen to it.

Great Advice.

Sep 4, 2006
Anyone remember "Who let the Sooners Out?" I'm pretty sure Sooner fans made fun of it because it was ridiculously stupid, but I also guarantee that it didn't cover 50 pages of message board forums about being embarassed. I'm pretty sure that MNC in 2000 was more important than the stupid song.
Only at 47 pages now :D

Also I thought I would point out it is 66 people who like it to 381 people who are neutral or worse. 66-237 like vs. GAH!

Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
WOW!! This song effing sucks!!! It sounds like the theme for a country version of dawsons creek! It will be humiliation on a national level if they play this come Sept 05 and after 22 years in this town that's the last thing a true orange fan needs. What's wrong with just using a traditional opener like metallica or anything. NOT JOHN EFFING MARTIN!!!

Oct 1, 2008
I like it. Picture it with the video of the Cowboys going on the big screen.....the crowd singing along at the end.....I think it's going to be good.

Jul 22, 2005
Yukon
WOW!! This song effing sucks!!! It sounds like the theme for a country version of dawsons creek! It will be humiliation on a national level if they play this come Sept 05 and after 22 years in this town that's the last thing a true orange fan needs. What's wrong with just using a traditional opener like metallica or anything. NOT JOHN EFFING MARTIN!!!
Jump trippin...jump!

Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
I can't see Dez having this on his iPod. It's a limp song to go with what could become one of the most impressive and intimidating venues in all college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.