Cowboys (1-0) Defeat UT-Arlington (0-1) 75-68. Next Up vs Texas Southern SATURDAY in GIA #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
HCMB

“our turnovers and missed free throws kept them in the game.”

“One of the best things that I saw from our team was the buy in from the freshmen.
Diving on the floor..”

“I thought Cade played pretty well with his overall floor game, got lost on defense a few times, we have to correct that.”

“we took a few quick shots early, need to play within the flow of our offense more.”

“plenty to teach from, some of those mistakes will come back to bite us later on.”

Oct 30, 2007
Random thoughts from the game:
1. Cunningham had a very quiet 21 points & 10 boards. He's still figuring things out, but he should be a monster by the end of the year.
2. It felt like Ice had a bad game, but he wasn't that far from a triple double. He always finds a way to fill the stat line, even when he isn't scoring.
3. I love MAM's game. I was surprised that he didn't start, but Keylan Boone played well too.
4. Kalib Boone had an underwhelming game. I expected more after his late season improvement last year.
5. I have no idea why they spread the bench seats out 6 feet. It makes absolutely zero sense.

We have a long way to go, but the talent is there to have success. It will be fun to watch this young team grow together throughout the season.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
They better get those turnovers under control. Other than free throws and turnovers the offensive stats looked pretty good.

But

14-27

Almost got them beat by a team that probably won't make the NCAA tournament.

Oct 18, 2020
Stillwater ok
Did I hear Fran F right.They were talking about players that didn’t make the trip. I thought I heard him say “Bryce Williams is easily one of the 5 best players on the team” did I hear correctly??

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Did I hear Fran F right.They were talking about players that didn’t make the trip. I thought I heard him say “Bryce Williams is easily one of the 5 best players on the team” did I hear correctly??
Yes. Our best 3pt shooter. He had some kinda dental incident and had to miss the game today.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
The 3 guys that stood out were the big wings. Man I spent some time yakking about the super small line up, but now it looks like the early move might be getting Cade, Keylan, and MAM all in the line up at the same time. Not sure if you can squeeze Ice into that due to spacing. Flavors’ shooting was a breath of fresh air today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
The 3 guys that stood out were the big wings. Man I spent some time yakking about the super small line up, but now it looks like the early move might be getting Cade, Keylan, and MAM all in the line up at the same time. Not sure if you can squeeze Ice into that due to spacing. Flavors’ shooting was a breath of fresh air today.

That would be my starting line-up for next game.
MAM
Cade
Keylan
Flavors
Ice

Bench:
Kalib
Anderson
Harris (hope the knee is good, looked a little awkward on the defensive play that led to him leaving the game)
Walker
Bryce Williams

We look like we are a legitimate 10 deep at the moment.
Need to see more from D. Williams and see what Pena looks like.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Jacked up a lot of 3's very early in possessions. If those are dropping, we could blow out some good opponents....if they aren't, we could find ourselves in a dog fight with teams we should beat. It's already been said but turnovers and free throws, man those are about as basketball 101 as you can get, have to clean both areas up.

Our 2 starting point guards combined for 30 points, 23 rebounds and 10 assists but also had 9 turnovers and went 7-12 from the FT line. Could be the most exciting and most frustrating backcourt we've seen in a while, both at the same time.

I would have liked to see some attempts to establish something inside early on....this is where we'll miss Anei, at least early on in the season. Kalib showed some flashes of offense last year but not much last night...it's just the first game though, can't really say much. Moncrieffe looked very good inside but I'd like to see some height in there for when we need it...and Moncrieffe has GOT to work on his FT's if he's going to go inside a lot, potentially getting fouled. Is Pena hurt? Or does he just need more time to develop? Curious why he didn't get a few minutes at least.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

That would be my starting line-up for next game.
MAM
Cade
Keylan
Flavors
Ice

Bench:
Kalib
Anderson
Harris (hope the knee is good, looked a little awkward on the defensive play that led to him leaving the game)
Walker
Bryce Williams

We look like we are a legitimate 10 deep at the moment.
Need to see more from D. Williams and see what Pena looks like.
I’m unsure if I’d want to bench Kalib as the only real 5.

Nov 6, 2010
I’m unsure if I’d want to bench Kalib as the only real 5.

Missing Yor already, he would have had 10 blocks yesterday against those little guards blowing past our guys to the basket. That's probably going to be a tough matchup for us this year against any team with a small, quick point guard. Downside of having a lot of tall guards, they have trouble staying in front of those little quick guys.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Missing Yor already, he would have had 10 blocks yesterday against those little guards blowing past our guys to the basket. That's probably going to be a tough matchup for us this year against any team with a small, quick point guard. Downside of having a lot of tall guards, they have trouble staying in front of those little quick guys.
Might mean we see a lot more zone this year.