Cowboy Basketball: vs Wichita State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
So Ice determined rebounds, free throw shooting, and effort for the rest of the team?

Him being out hurts big time. But look at the Georgetown game, their starting point guard didn’t play and you damn sure couldn’t tell.

Every team loses players during the season, yet for some reason OSU cannot play respectable when they have to play without a player. And people excuse it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because the Georgetowns backup was a senior. Senior backup versus Freshman backup is a big deal.
By that logic then we should be good with Lindy running point.

Don’t care how you slice it and dice it this team should not be this bad without Ice.

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
This is an embarrassment. This is why no one shows up. Thomas dziagawa should never see the floor. The seniors on this team are horrible.

Yeah it's become routine for us to be embarrassed on our own floor it's little wonder our crowds are sparse and uninterested

JoeHero

A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006

Don’t care how you slice it and dice it this team should not be this bad without Ice.

Lindy is not a point guard. By that logic McGriff should be able to run the point as effectively as Ice

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK

Lindy is not a point guard. By that logic McGriff should be able to run the point as effectively as Ice
I’m not the one justifying two home losses because one player has been out.

Again, they are not 20 point dogs to Wichita just because Ice is out. I bet if the coaches were asked about it he would say the same.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Just an awful performance. I thought this was a really good team. What is wrong with Anei. 2 horrible games in a row. Likele being out killer but Lindy exposed at point today. We looked awful on both ends today.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
We should just cancel the season. Team just lost in December. A loss like this is on everyone. Coaches and players. Better figure something out soon because I don’t think Ice will be back anytime soon.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Just an awful performance. I thought this was a really good team. What is wrong with Anei. 2 horrible games in a row. Likele being out killer but Lindy exposed at point today. We looked awful on both ends today.
Anei play is part of the issue. He got into early foul trouble again. When he’s not in foul trouble and is allowed to play his game he makes up for defensive liabilities like Dziagwa and others. Anei has these issues last year with foul trouble.

Dec 24, 2008
Saint Meinrad, IN / Edmond, OK
What does that mean?
It means I am disappointed with the size of the crowd for a home game on the weekend.
If it would have won Bedlam that would have hyped everyone up to come out to Georgetown if we would have won that it would have been packed today.

But human nature being what it is, this is what we get.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mar 27, 2008
On a positive note, our freshman getting big minutes should help us down the road.

I am interested to hear the post-game press conference from today.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Boynton: We got manhandled on our court. And that's unacceptable and that's on me as the head coach, to correct before we take the floor again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

JoeHero

A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
If it would have won Bedlam that would have hyped everyone up to come out to Georgetown if we would have won that it would have been packed today.

But human nature being what it is, this is what we get.

Why the hell would anyone come to our basketball games? Anytime the crowd gets into it we give up a bucket. Blowouts on our home court is a common thing and we're the ones getting blown out. What's the point of spending half your Saturday/Sunday watching us get blown out and embarrassed yet again on our home court.

JoeHero

A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
This is so freaking frustrating! Someone didn't wash their hands and so now instead of being into the top 15 and in national prominence OSU is back to unknown mediocrity.

That is our luck to have the most momentum in three years ground to a halt because someone got sick.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Its pretty simple though. Without Likele this team isn't very good. Anderson isn't ready to play point. Waters is simply not a point guard. With him they are good. Yes Ice makes this big a difference.
So Ice determined rebounds, free throw shooting, and effort for the rest of the team?

Him being out hurts big time. But look at the Georgetown game, their starting point guard didn’t play and you damn sure couldn’t tell.

Every team loses players during the season, yet for some reason OSU cannot play respectable when they have to play without a player. And people excuse it.

Ice is a big loss in the effort department, he is constantly bouncing with energy that the other guys feed on.
Also, with Georgetown, their backup pg isn't a freshman with no experience against strong competition. Our freshmen may have been good in high school, but they are quite a drop talent wise when you factor in experience.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited: