Cowboy Basketball: vs Wichita State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Gottlieb on Twitter reporting Ice has mono.

Not good, multi week absence will not bold well for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, I see......Gottlieb reports it and it’s OK. Got it!
Next time I’ll say my name is Doug.
WTH, you getting butt hurt over me repeating what I saw on Twitter? Wow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC

Seems Coach Mike benched most of starters after WSU had a 20-point lead. It was frustrating as starters may have been able to get back into game. Many fans even players families became upset leaving game early.

Jun 25, 2011
Seems Coach Mike benched most of starters after WSU had a 20-point lead. It was frustrating as starters may have been able to get back into game. Many fans even players families became upset leaving game early.
Starters let the Shockers build a 30 point lead in 30 minutes. They weren’t going to come back. They got more minutes than they probably deserved.

For me it was more fun to watch the youngsters play and flash their potential than to keep watching the seniors make bone headed play after bone headed play. It is extremely frustrating to watch upperclassmen continuously make mental errors and show no leadership.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

No,I’m butt hurt over reporting that I heard this same information last Wednesday after the Georgetown game from a very credible source and was ridiculed and dismissed for saying it. I have no issue with you reporting it, just the double standard from others.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

No,I’m butt hurt over reporting that I heard this same information last Wednesday after the Georgetown game from a very credible source and was ridiculed and dismissed for saying it. I have no issue with you reporting it, just the double standard from others.
Ok. You get a gold star and I’ll write a note for your mother

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

There's no shortage of anonymous posters on the internet that want notoriety, saying they have "credible sources" about something. You have to understand, Doug isn't anonymous. Besides, even with Doug, it's sad that someone is leaking information and it's getting told around. I wouldn't think the staff want that stuff spread.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Well looks like this season is pretty much lost if hes out that long.
Not really. We have a lot of talent in the freshmen and if he's out, they are going to get a lot of playing time and that may bode well come conference play.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Anyone ever wonder why we have looked great on the road and terrible at home. Maybe 18-22 year old kids lose their energy when game after game they run out on the GIA floor to an empty arena. Maybe they resent the fact they work their asses off and nobody cares.
Yeah.........your logic is backwards. It just doesn't work that way. Fans show up when the team performs well, and it will never be different.

Sep 23, 2010
General Thoughts:
Our half court offense is still bad. The lack of crisp movement is hard to watch. We have guys posting up at the 3pt line just to move the ball from one side to the other, instead of cutting to get open. We don't have the dudes to run just a ball screen , iso in the post, or come off one pin down and score. I have calling for the pinwheel to return or some type of motion that creates some movement.

Kalib Boone needs to play more. He needs to be more physical, and I am sure he's doing things at practice that are discouraging to MB, but he is our most talented dude IMO.

Anderson is one of more talented kids as well. But right now, he is in that freshmen hysteria of turning the ball over way too much. MB is on him about it. Kid is now just finding himself in even more turnovers the more anxiety he gets about it. And he needs to fix that jumper. Yikes.

We need our talent to develop or Big 12 is going to be tough. We need Anderson, Boone twins and Harris to play well by conference.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
If he isn't hitting shots, is he a liability?
I'm detecting some sarcasm in this post.

We need our talent to develop or Big 12 is going to be tough. We need Anderson, Boone twins and Harris to play well by conference.
If Ice is going to miss an extended period, its time to pull the band aid off and let the freshmen get to work. It's obvious they are physically more gifted although currently not ready to carry the load.

Last edited:

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
seriously? a national pundit has more clout than an anonymous message board poster? imagine that..........
Well to be accurate, this was another anonymous message board poster quoting Doug Gottlieb. I was quoting sources from OSU administration much more directly in the know than a former player who is a sports radio talk show host. We can go with your theory though, I don’t care. It’s bad news regardless of where it came from. We need him back ASAP!

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
when are you going to call for Boyton's head, Birry?
Not yet, Cro. Doubt has entered my mind, but until he has a few seasons of his recruits under his coaching, its really tough to know what he's made of. This is also his first HC job, so I can accept some learning curve. If we're still floundering around the middle of the conference in 3-4 years with little noise in the tourney, then I'll reluctantly think about finding a replacement.

I think you have to give people time to implement their system and get their guys to run it. That doesn't happen overnight. But at some point you pretty much know what you're getting. I don't believe we know what we have with Boynton quite yet. So far he's proven to recruit talented guys, but hasn't been able to keep them on campus for an entire season. He's also proven that he can beat KU or win an early-season tourney, then follow it up with a 30 point loss at home. Kinda Jekyll and Hyde so far....and kinda similar to our last coach....which is unfortunately, because I REALLY want him to have success at OSU.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
General Thoughts:
Our half court offense is still bad. The lack of crisp movement is hard to watch. We have guys posting up at the 3pt line just to move the ball from one side to the other, instead of cutting to get open. We don't have the dudes to run just a ball screen , iso in the post, or come off one pin down and score. I have calling for the pinwheel to return or some type of motion that creates some movement.

Kalib Boone needs to play more. He needs to be more physical, and I am sure he's doing things at practice that are discouraging to MB, but he is our most talented dude IMO.

Anderson is one of more talented kids as well. But right now, he is in that freshmen hysteria of turning the ball over way too much. MB is on him about it. Kid is now just finding himself in even more turnovers the more anxiety he gets about it. And he needs to fix that jumper. Yikes.

If you can’t dribble penetrate or stop dribble penetration you are in trouble. Without Ice we only have Anderson and he’s so raw right now. Note the 1st half run last night. It came bc he was able to control their PG but the trade off is on offense he gets past his man but hasn’t figured out how to read rotations or attack the rim. Ice had the same issue at the beginning of last year. I was really hoping we would see Anderson to start the 2nd half but it was too late and then he pressed when he got in.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
seriously? a national pundit has more clout than an anonymous message board poster? imagine that..........
Well to be accurate, this was another anonymous message board poster quoting Doug Gottlieb. I was quoting sources from OSU administration much more directly in the know than a former player who is a sports radio talk show host. We can go with your theory though, I don’t care. It’s bad news regardless of where it came from. We need him back ASAP!
No Doug Gottlieb, a national pundit, was quoting a source versus you, an anonymous poster, quoting a source. That's the comparison.