Cowboy Basketball (9-3) takes down the #6 Kansas Jayhawks. OSU IS GOOD! BEDLAM on Saturday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
So....

are we good?

I think so.

not “elite eight” or “final four” good, but I wouldn’t want to play us....

I’m sorry..but these boys play pretty sound ball fundamental wise..at least that’s what I think. Coach has a few shaky in-game coaching moments, but anybody who thinks Boynton doesn’t “practice coach” these kids never played basketball or watched good high school ball.
I mean probably not that good, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me for this team team to sneak into the elite eight or final four. Maybe enough to convince Cade to stay another year? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Yes, correct. He can come back for next year if he wants. Or he could grad transfer again somewhere else, saw some football players do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This team is fun to watch with some intensity and fire that I thought we often missed in the Ford days, though the droughts are super frustrating (I'm aware his team is ranked and ours isn't, yet). Getting to the point of the question is that thinking about where does this lead post Cunningham, we could still be pretty freaking good if the other pieces come back.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Everyone wants to talk about Boyton not finishing games well, but no one’s talking about that he finishes SEASONS beautifully. That this team is this good now, when they are likely going to continue to get better due to the age of the players, it’s a gooooooood sign man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 9, 2013
Honest question (truly)...you think Boynton will get better “in game” with time?

I honestly think these kids are seriously sound as ball players and as a team..the kicker is a good game coach like Self throws in a wrinkle and Boynton has a tough time figuring out how to counter it.

He (Boynton) gets ‘em ready but has trouble with game adjustments...that’s my thoughts...

What say you?
Watch Gonzaga or Creighton or (and I beg your forgiveness Baylor this yr). Watch their offensive flow and commitment to forcing their will on the other team. Watch Villanova and how great of a passing team they are. Same most years w Virginia.

When we are committed to running our sets w movement off the ball we get easy looks at the rim ( bc Cade, Ice and Walker can get to the rim w the dribble) or we get kicks to an in rhythm 3. Compare that to when we go into our droughts. Sometimes we don’t even ball screen.

We have talent. I think we have the best player in the league and I wouldn’t trade Ice for anyone. And I love Walker. I think talent wise (1-8) only Baylor and Texas are better.

I really want Boynton to be here for 20+ years but I so dislike watching undisciplined basketball. When KU made their run I think we had 4 3s, 4 turnovers and a blocked shot in 10 possessions. That’s 9 empties and at least 2 were out of timeouts. We were in the bonus and shot 0 free throws between Ice’s and 1 putting us up 16 and Rondel’s and 1 putting us up 3. That’s 10 minutes of not forcing your will. All of this is on the coach. It’s something I hope he figures out.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
That’s twice that Williams has iced a game with a big steal! Great decision by Boyton putting him in the starting lineup. Need to learn to hold a big lead but Kansas is a top 10 team for a reason.
Yeah. If we were down by 15 and made a run and win, we're just awesome. If we are up by 15 and a great team makes a run on us and wins the game, we're horrible.
I think it was just 2 really good teams playing tonight and they both made runs on the other team and the cowboys came out on top.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This team deserves better fans
Well I mean we’ve all seen that scenario play out differently twice since conference play started. Fool me once... they did keep fighting though. Big props to the young men for not folding completely.
I told someone else, when ku took the lead you could still see the fight in our guys. It hasn't been the case as much in the losses, especially the WVU game. They weren't going to give up. I enjoyed that so much tonight.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Despite all of the hand wringing, these guys are showing improvement from game to game. If they ever get consistent for the whole game, they can beat many a team. Hope they save their best for Baylor.
I want their best every night until the end of the season......... Lol. I don't want the guys peaking too soon.

Feb 18, 2009
Yeah. If we were down by 15 and made a run and win, we're just awesome. If we are up by 15 and a great team makes a run on us and wins the game, we're horrible.
I think it was just 2 really good teams playing tonight and they both made runs on the other team and the cowboys came out on top.

We agree 99.99% of the time but that’s the .01 that doesn’t add up. We’re really good. Ceiling is huge. Have to manage runs when the other team is on the ropes. Maybe he figures it out and if so, this is not a team I want to play in mid Feb-early March.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
May be a moot point but you would not want to play us in the tournament. If we can stop throwing away huge second half leads we might be pretty good!
I don’t think anyone wants to play us right now. Eventually these guys are going to learn to play with a big lead and start blowing people out.
Would love to see a huge blowout of OU Saturday night.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The save by Cunningham and finding I think Bryce who passes to Walker was an incredible sequence. Cunningham falling out of bounds throws a one hand pass to Williams who dishes to Walker for the and 1. Unbelievable!!
You could see how he turned around and took a moment to find someone with an opening before passing it out.