Cowboy Basketball: #14 WVU beats the Pokes (7-3) in a heartbreaking 19 point lead drop. KSU on SATURDAY*

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Hes a great scorer, but he only had 3 assists tonight.

The problem with that is that we put the ball in his hands down the stretch, and if he's not assisting the ball it makes it tough because they can over play the ball.

He's a clutch player though, and made some plays down the stretch so thats not meant to say hes not a great player.

It's just meant to give a reason as to why his great play hasn't led to winning more in Conference note that teams have more film to evaluate.

It's almost like they don't mind him getting his 20-25 as long as he's not setting up others with assists.
Lol he gave people like 15 wide open shots. Him being on floor opens shots. We are solid team but not many good 3 point shooters.

Nov 14, 2010
I thought Boynton out schemed Beard

We junked up the defenses enough to where it took them a while to get into a rhythm.

That gave us a chance you build a lead.

We used Ice at the point to start and that got the offense running, we used Ice in the pick and roll with Cade, then we used him to post up

He was like our HBack that gets used in a bunch of different ways.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Stop saying stupid shit.
Please elaborate. Did you watch him play loose with the ball and his passes?

I said this just after watching him stop his pass, then go ahead with it giving the WV player time to step in and steal it. He did it twice within about 3-4 possessions. It was poor vision or lazy. I'll let you pick.

I was tired of the announcers talking about his excellent vision when he wasn't displaying it. Early 3's and not working the offense (2nd half).

Do you consider 3 AST and 5 TO's a great stat line for one of the top PG's in the nation and eventual top 10 NBA draft pick? Dribbling straight into 3 players when there are people open?

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
Nobody who watches OSU basketball should be surprised. Boynton is not a good floor coach. He can recruit. He can come up with some good gameplans. But he just cannot manage games very well.
I agree that he can't coach, but is he REALLY that good of a recruiter?? Lets not get it twisted, CC would not be here if it wasn't for his brother...who else is a top talent?? 1/3 of the players he recruits are thugs who get kicked off.

Feb 18, 2009
8-0 run home loss to TCU, should have won.

17-0 run against Texas, should have won.

20-0 run home loss to WVU, should have won.

He comes out and throws the players under the bus. “3-4 more plays, make a couple more shots.”

45-0 total in three losses, two at home. One against one of the worst teams in the league. Two against top 10/15 teams. We should be undefeated and highly ranked but instead we’re making excuses.

The talent and skill is there. It takes more than the 5 guys on the floor to win.

Nov 18, 2011
I thought Boynton out schemed Beard

We junked up the defenses enough to where it took them a while to get into a rhythm.
Assistant coaches typically have the scout and game planning duties. I’d imagine Scott and Barry are playing a major role in that. It’s on the head coach to make in game decisions and adjustments, and every B12 game we are at a massive disadvantage. Every game we just cross our fingers hoping sheer talent will pull us through.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
Very surprised to see people dissing on Cade. Especially saying he doesn't have vision, he makes some incredible cross court passes to find guys open and: brick. Don't know how many times the past two games he found a guy wide open for three and they missed it.

Shoot, towards the very beginning of the second half last night, they were in the offense and he made the extra pass to Anderson wide open: brick. Next time down, same scenario happened with Anderson wide open on the wing again, this time Cade just shot it: made it.

Maybe took too many shots at the end, but I won't fault him for being aggressive

Feb 18, 2009
Very surprised to see people dissing on Cade. Especially saying he doesn't have vision, he makes some incredible cross court passes to find guys open and: brick. Don't know how many times the past two games he found a guy wide open for three and they missed it.

Shoot, towards the very beginning of the second half last night, they were in the offense and he made the extra pass to Anderson wide open: brick. Next time down, same scenario happened with Anderson wide open on the wing again, this time Cade just shot it: made it.

Maybe took too many shots at the end, but I won't fault him for being aggressive
If we made shots he’d be a walking triple double.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I'm still desperately waiting for Boynton to prove me wrong. I want to be wrong about him so badly. The first half was a blueprint for what this team can be when we're extremely active on both ends. In the 2nd half, the trapping on defense was the absolute worst thing that Boynton could've called. On offense in the 2nd half, we went right back to jacking up too many 3's, and/or 4 guys watching 1 guy take his man off the dribble. Terrible......

I don't necessarily enjoy watching college basketball anymore because the game has just gotten so bad on so many levels. But, Cowboy Basketball was my first love in sports, literally. So, I watch here and there because I care about the program so much and want to see it headed in the right direction. It flat out hurts to see where our program is right now. The fan support is there (if the level of play is good and the effort is there), the facilities are top 25, the proximity to Texas recruiting is good, and Oklahoma HS basketball isn't chopped liver either. There's no reason for our basketball program to be this way......

Again, I hope Boynton proves me wrong and gets this team going this year, and that at season's end, we're NCAA Tournament worthy, whether we are allowed in or not.

Sep 23, 2010
I guess I have to take back what I said last game thread where it appears Boynton is just getting down to playing his best players and not worrying about playing too many guys. Playing D. Williams, the big kid and Flavors while up 19 was a huge mistake that gave WVU the momentum that our young team was unable to regain. I cringed right away when I saw us going down the bench. This isn't rec league. Up 19 in Big 12 game with that much time left is not a time for charity. I guarantee you this one hurts bad for MB because he knows he's the one who showed to a young team we were taking the gas off the pedal.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
I guess I have to take back what I said last game thread where it appears Boynton is just getting down to playing his best players and not worrying about playing too many guys. Playing D. Williams, the big kid and Flavors while up 19 was a huge mistake that gave WVU the momentum that our young team was unable to regain. I cringed right away when I saw us going down the bench. This isn't rec league. Up 19 in Big 12 game with that much time left is not a time for charity. I guarantee you this one hurts bad for MB because he knows he's the one who showed to a young team we were taking the gas off the pedal.
I wasn't totally opposed to Kuoma since Moncrieffe was out, and I hated seeing Cade down there trying to guard Culver with three fouls. But I definitely cringed when D. Williams came in, and the game immediately shifted.