Cowboy Basketball: #14 WVU beats the Pokes (7-3) in a heartbreaking 19 point lead drop. KSU on SATURDAY*

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
GIA will be showcased on Prime Time television with the OSU Cowboys hosting the #14 WVU Mountaineers.

Cowboys had won their first Big 12 game against the now #18 TTU team on the road. HCMB curse of starting Big 12 play with at least 6 losses has been lifted. Also, Pokes 3 game loosing streak in Lubbock has been snapped. Pokes are looking to get another win in GIA against the #14 West Virgina team.

West Virgina is coming off a loss from OU in a heart breaking 4 point loss in Norman. WVU came back from a 18 point deficit at half and was able to get back in the game with their 3 point shooting. Yes. We had a break with Texas and Texas Tech, but expect a lot of points behind the arc coming from this WVU team, especially that #4 player-Miles Mcbribe who shot 50% behind the arc.

Also...due to personal reasons WVU is out with their starting Forward—Oscar Tschiebwe.

Oklahoma State Cowboys (7-2) vs #14 West Virgina Mountaineers (8-3)

Conference Records:
OSU (1-2) — WVU (1-2)

Series History:
9-8 Series OSU

Last 4 meetings:
2020 @Morgantown L
2020 in Stillwater L
2019 in Stillwater W
2019 @ Morgantown W

Listen

TuneIn

Game Notes

History

Go POKES beat the MOUNTAINEERS​

Last edited:

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Pokes hosts the #9 West Virgina Mountaineers tomorrow during prime time 8PM in GIA.

AP poll releases tomorrow morning. Will update the thread on our rankings. Hopefully we’re top 25.
Fired up for Big Monday. I think GIA will be the loudest all season - it had some good moments vs tcu, but the victory over tech and some tougher defense will boost the noise. Unfortunately we'll lose some folks to the late tip, but I still think it'll be good.

Nov 14, 2010
Huge game

We just beat a ranked team on the road with our best player not having a great game by his standards.

Tomorrow's win would be some good momentum piggy backing off the excitement we created Saturday.

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Ya i just looked and we aren't in top 25 and not even in the other recieving votes at the bottom portion, but hopefully Cade can come back in full force for this game and shoot more efficiently. We seem to be playing well when we switch to a small ball lineup, but i really think not having Yori downlow is hurting us this year, especially since Kalib really isn't developing off of his good play from the end of the year.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Ya i just looked and we aren't in top 25 and not even in the other recieving votes at the bottom portion, but hopefully Cade can come back in full force for this game and shoot more efficiently. We seem to be playing well when we switch to a small ball lineup, but i really think not having Yori downlow is hurting us this year, especially since Kalib really isn't developing off of his good play from the end of the year.
We’re receiving votes. Sitting at #30.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Big 12 Standings this week:
1st: Baylor and Texas (2-0)
2nd: TCU, KU, UO (2-1)
3rd place: OSU, WVU, TTU, KSU (1-2)
10th place: ISU (0-3).

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
At GIA. Can't wait to hear this place rocking tonight. Last few games it's gotten pretty loud for such a limited attendance.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
At GIA. Can't wait to hear this place rocking tonight. Last few games it's gotten pretty loud for such a limited attendance.

Give ‘em hell!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Apparently a bunch of college kids have come back early. Looks like a good crowd already.

Jan 13, 2005
WVU with 2 Offensive Rebounds on their first possession. Need to clean that up. Nice move by Williams though. 2-2 early