Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Just saw someone on twitter claiming that Sam Houston State will open the season at home vs Oklahoma State. If true, very good opponent for an opening weekend road series. SHS has had a pretty decent run recently with NCAA Tournament appearances in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2017. Those were all under Coach Deggs, who was hired at Louisiana Lafayette a year ago. Their new coach is Jay Siriani who was their pitching coach under Deggs during that successful stretch.

Edit, actually David Pierce was their HC for the beginning of that stretch before Deggs took over in 2015. In 2017 SHS beat Arizona and Texas Tech out of the Lubbock Regional to advance to the super regional where they lost to Florida State.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020
Stillwater ok
The word I heard today is the coaches want 4 nine inning games. One of the main reasons for this schedule is the expanded rosters that most teams have. Who knows what part Covid and weather will play with the schedule but I can’t wait for college baseball. Also heard they are planning to start the season on time. Go Pokes! “Make it Happen “

Oct 18, 2020
Stillwater ok
My question through this whole baseball draft has been: If the land thieves have that many great players to go that high in the draft, how come they didn't do better?
Did I hear Fran F right.They were talking about players that didn’t make the trip. I thought I heard him say “Bryce Williams is easily one of the 5 best players on the team” did I hear correctly??
Guys at D1Baseball are saying that’s not the plan as of right now. They’re saying the plan is to start on time.

Nov 14, 2010
So, now, are we talking about Thur-Sun series, Saturday 7 inning DH's, or Saturday 9 inning DH's???

I like this move. I'm assuming that this will mean no midweek games once conference play begins. I think it's a good idea for this season to keep travel down a bit.
I've always thought that Consference Series need to include split double headers on Saturday.

12:00 and 6:00

Tailgating would be much closer to a football environment

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
correct...John is a GA and is working on his masters....he's also going to be a dad in a few months so lot's of positive things happening for the Littell family
I wonder if this also feeds into Coach Littell's reported (on here, anyway) resurgence in vigor/attitude (not saying it's been bad). Having his son back in town and a grandchild on the way is a happy/exciting time.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I wonder if this also feeds into Coach Littell's reported (on here, anyway) resurgence in vigor/attitude (not saying it's been bad). Having his son back in town and a grandchild on the way is a happy/exciting time.
Could play a role....I know he's really pumped being a granddad and I wouldn't dismiss having his son nearby brings more happiness. He also has a really good group a kids that genuinely like each other. You couldn't say that in the past couple seasons. Probably a combination of the two.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
https://www.spreaker.com/user/hit.or.die/ep91robwalton

Really really good listen with Coach Walton here. Brings up some really good points about the direction of the game right now. So glad we have coaches on staff who want to teach the game the right way.

Also, I still hate Chad Rothford. Obviously, I'm kidding, but I still remember him owning us in that 2006 regional. Dude was a stud.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
https://www.spreaker.com/user/hit.or.die/ep91robwalton

Really really good listen with Coach Walton here. Brings up some really good points about the direction of the game right now. So glad we have coaches on staff who want to teach the game the right way.

Also, I still hate Chad Rothford. Obviously, I'm kidding, but I still remember him owning us in that 2006 regional. Dude was a stud.
Great minds think alike Ptak. I was coming on here to tell everyone about this. We should really be proud of Robb walton. He can talk baseball with the best of them. Well worth the listen. And I too still hate Chad Rothford. Lol.