Cowboy baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Went out Saturday to watch the scrimmage and it was cold as.......! Elliott faced off against Gragg(3 innings), Lienhard against Battenfield(3 innings) and Varela against Leeper(2 innings). Pitchers looked good but the story of the day was the hitters. On a very miserable day, they battled at the plate, had good at bats, squared the ball up well, put it in play and even took it deep a few times. They roughed up all the pitchers at times with the exception of Leeper, he looked in command the 2 innings he threw and didn't let a ball out of the infield. Lienhard looked strong in his 1st inning, got a little lost in his 2nd but rebounded well in his 3rd inning Boone probably looked the best at the plate, he took Elliott deep on a hung slider. It was fun to listen to Josh working with the hitters more on the mental approach at the plate rather than mechanics and seeing the results. Didn't get to see the game today so don't know if the pitchers or hitters won the day. Did I say it was cold? :D:cursing:
Thanks 19cowboy32 for the update. I too am jonesing for some Cowboy Baseball. Gonna be tough to concentrate on work this week!

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Let's hope we can get him past the draft. Looks like he signed with Mississippi State out of HS, but went the JUCO route instead. That worries me that he's got eyes for MLB.

To be fair, 90% of the kids we recruit have eyes for MLB, and we shouldn't want it any other way.

I think he was in Starkville for fall ball. Chances are he may have seen what was coming down the road with Mississippi State's coaching staff and got the heck out of there. That place was a dumpster fire until April, and then their interim HC did one of the most admirable jobs of coaching I've ever seen anywhere. Getting those kids in Starkville from where they were in April to Omaha was just unbelievable.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Saw on D1baseball today that OU's lost Braiden Fink for the year. That's a huge loss for them, definitely one of the better pitchers in the conference. Would NEVER wish an injury on a kid, even one in Norman. Here's to hoping he has a good, speedy recovery and realizes his dream of playing pro ball some day.
Tommy John?

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Certainly a good sign that Cabbiness has RF locked down. Tons of potential, but really struggled to hit last year.
D1baseball did their predictions today. If I were filling out one of their predictions I would be tempted to have Cabbiness as the breakout player of the year. Kid has the potential to come out of nowhere and surprise everyone this year. I also wouldn’t sleep on Jensen Elliott for big time national awards this year.

Anyway, no one really knows, hope I’m not full of crap.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Anyone have any knowledge or speculation about why Jake Northern never even got a mention from Coach Holliday in his position roundups? Kid was a beast at Connors State and was hoping he’d have a chance to make an impact here. I know it’s too early to tell anything but I think JH pretty much mentioned everyone else who has any chance to do anything and maybe even a few who don’t.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Anyone have any knowledge or speculation about why Jake Northern never even got a mention from Coach Holliday in his position roundups? Kid was a beast at Connors State and was hoping he’d have a chance to make an impact here. I know it’s too early to tell anything but I think JH pretty much mentioned everyone else who has any chance to do anything and maybe even a few who don’t.
Makes me wonder if there’s an injury or maybe they’re planning on redshirting him.

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
I'm also a little curious about Funk not being listed as part of the "or" at third base. Wasn't that supposed to be the big move for the off-season, so that we could get both his and Garcia's bats in the lineup? I wonder if he hasn't been able to get a grasp on it.

Dec 21, 2008
I’m just ready for some leadership & some fire to come back! Sounds like we have some potential for both! Getting our arms healthy and some fire in the bats will make consistency more likely! Felt like we went through the motions a lot and kinda ho hummed the season as we couldn’t fully depend on one aspect and we had a lot of youth. Hopefully getting some arms back and positions locked down it will help chemistry. Excited to see everyone at the baseball pinnacle all season.....with a beer in our hand!