Cowboy baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
That's weird to hear about Neusifter. I live 11 miles from North Greenville University. It's pretty close to Furman. With Boynton's ties to both Furman and University of SC, it really makes it seem like a small world, even though I'm 14 driving hours from home.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Still wish they would advertise this as a big deal, rather than going stealth mode with no announcements to the fan base about when this will happen, then release a few vids afterward. As Coach Holliday said, we're a top 10 program, would be nice if our university's marketing would treat it as such.
Maybe the new stadium will prompt them to give more attention. I am with you, baseball needs more publicity and if I worked in the marketing department, you better believe I would promote it better along with wrestling.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Really good to hear that Parker Scott should be able to contribute this season. He may be able to grab a pretty prominent role for Big 12 play, he's got really good stuff.

One name I'm not hearing at all is Brett Standlee. Anyone know how his spring has gone?
Great question. I know people on the team thought he would have been a major contributor last year, so I'm hoping he is hungry and eligible now.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Great question. I know people on the team thought he would have been a major contributor last year, so I'm hoping he is hungry and eligible now.
From what I'm hearing, Standlee and Leeper are probably going to be late inning shutdown guys and one will emerge as the closer. The other will be the setup guy. They both have good stuff with Leeper having a little edge in that department. They both apparently had very good outings last weekend for the first time to face live batters. We'll see l guess.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Went out Saturday to watch the scrimmage and it was cold as.......! Elliott faced off against Gragg(3 innings), Lienhard against Battenfield(3 innings) and Varela against Leeper(2 innings). Pitchers looked good but the story of the day was the hitters. On a very miserable day, they battled at the plate, had good at bats, squared the ball up well, put it in play and even took it deep a few times. They roughed up all the pitchers at times with the exception of Leeper, he looked in command the 2 innings he threw and didn't let a ball out of the infield. Lienhard looked strong in his 1st inning, got a little lost in his 2nd but rebounded well in his 3rd inning Boone probably looked the best at the plate, he took Elliott deep on a hung slider. It was fun to listen to Josh working with the hitters more on the mental approach at the plate rather than mechanics and seeing the results. Didn't get to see the game today so don't know if the pitchers or hitters won the day. Did I say it was cold? :D:cursing:

Last edited:

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Went out Saturday to watch the scrimmage and it was cold as.......! Elliott faced off against Gragg(3 innings), Lienhard against Battenfield(3 innings) and Varela against Leeper(2 innings). Pitchers looked good but the story of the day was the hitters. On a very miserable day, they battled at the plate, had good at bats, squared the ball up well, put it in play and even took it deep a few times. They roughed up all the pitchers at times with the exception of Leeper, he looked in command the 2 innings he threw and didn't let a ball out of the infield. Lienhard looked strong in his 1st inning, got a little lost in his 2nd but rebounded well in his 3rd inning Boone probably looked the best at the plate, he took Elliott deep on a hung slider. It was fun to listen to Josh working with the hitters more on the mental approach at the plate rather than mechanics and seeing the results. Didn't get to see the game today so don't know if the pitchers or hitters won the day. Did I say it was cold? :D:cursing:
Thanks for the report. Very encouraging to hear about our hitters. If Boone reaches his true potential he and Simpson could be the premier power hitters in our conference.

Come on Friday, get here already!