Cowboy baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
As usual, PG is lite on their scouting. Glad they ranked the team where they did but DI does a much better job of scouting our players summer and fall workouts. I think we'll have some players step up and continue to build on their summer and fall experience. Really looking forward to the season.

Aug 16, 2012
Fun fact: Huey (Hueston) Morrill, a talented and versatile athlete, can literally play anywhere on the field while throwing from the low-90s off the mound. He’s expected to be Oklahoma State’s shortstop and leadoff hitter from Day 1.
I love complete players who pitch and hold regular fielding positions as well as bat for themselves. We have had several who went 2-ways regularly including McCurry recently back to Darren Dilks in the late 70s-early 80s who would DH when he was not pitching or playing defense.

Sep 15, 2006
I love complete players who pitch and hold regular fielding positions as well as bat for themselves. We have had several who went 2-ways regularly including McCurry recently back to Darren Dilks in the late 70s-early 80s who would DH when he was not pitching or playing defense.
My favorites in that mold were Jake Benz and Richie Moody. Crafty lefties who could also rake.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Doug Dascenzo.

Aug 16, 2012
I loved Dascenzo. I went with Dilks since he played a few years before Dascenzo. He had a very respectable MLB career and until last year, coached in the minors and majors. No idea what happened to him after Maddon let him go. Seems like he would be a good candidate for the OSU staff should a position become available.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Looking at the updated roster, saw that Victor Romero has slid into Ginther's old spot as volunteer assistant coach. Reid Barnett has come back to be our player development coach. Gage Green has left because he snagged a coaching job at a juco in the Dallas area. And Tracy Baldwin is no longer the strength and conditioning coach. For those that don't know, Baldwin was here under Frank as well. He had been here a long time. Holliday has brought in Chris Sobonya who was with us back when Ward retired and Tom took over. He had been a strength and conditioning coach in the Pirates minor league system for several years I think.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Looking at the updated roster, saw that Victor Romero has slid into Ginther's old spot as volunteer assistant coach. Reid Barnett has come back to be our player development coach. Gage Green has left because he snagged a coaching job at a juco in the Dallas area. And Tracy Baldwin is no longer the strength and conditioning coach. For those that don't know, Baldwin was here under Frank as well. He had been here a long time. Holliday has brought in Chris Sobonya who was with us back when Ward retired and Tom took over. He had been a strength and conditioning coach in the Pirates minor league system for several years I think.
Very interesting about the strength coach. Sounds like a good hire.

I saw that UT lost their SS David Hamilton for the season to an Achilles injury.

Some interesting notes from the meetings in Dallas the other week. The idea of going to 3 weekends of best of 3 series leading up to Omaha was interesting.

https://d1baseball.com/news/abca-primer-2019-hot-topics/

https://d1baseball.com/news/abca-recap-early-recruiting-talk/

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Novice question? Who was the big tall freshman that hit all the homers? Where did he go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Rob B. is right. And Carson will be a Jr this year. He played at a community college for a season before coming to Stillwater.
Thanks guys. I just remember him coming out of nowhere and carrying the team fora stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
The lineup I was discussing in the fall is the one being reported by the baseball rankings (which means they asked Josh).
C. Carter
1st. Garcia
2nd Navigato
SS: Huey
3rd: Funk
LF: Tank
Cf: Boone
RF: Cade
DH: McCusker.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
The lineup I was discussing in the fall is the one being reported by the baseball rankings (which means they asked Josh).
C. Carter
1st. Garcia
2nd Navigato
Have you had a chance to make it to any practices. Also what do you think of that line up and do you think Cross Factor and Jake Northern will contribute in any way.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
C. Carter
1st. Garcia
2nd Navigato
Do you think Cade serves us better in RF? Seems like McCusker was really solid out there with great range.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
As usual, PG is lite on their scouting. Glad they ranked the team where they did but DI does a much better job of scouting our players summer and fall workouts. I think we'll have some players step up and continue to build on their summer and fall experience. Really looking forward to the season.
What are the rankings for each service. Can u break it down for us that dont follow baseball as closely until season starts?